• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Overdose manual / does meth help?

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I was listening to a podcast and someone shared a story where they overdosed on 320mg of oxy and xanax, then snorted meth. He said his doctor told him the meth is the only thing that kept him alive.

This reminded me of a BLer who basically posted about the same scenario.

It made me think. Can stimulants really save you from fatal respiratory depression? I always thought it was common sense if you have a toxic level of a drug, don't add more. Speedballing is dangerous. However, of you OD on meth they give you a combo of depressants correct? Does it work the other way, too?

This led me to my next idea. I've never seen any sort of manual for overdose. Things you could do in the moment as well as preventative measures.

For example taking a drug to counteract, writing down what drugs you took in case you can't communicate, having emergency on speed dial and always keep your phone on you, telling other people you're with what you took and tell them what signs of OD would look like. Things like that. Maybe we could make a complete harm reduction guide specifically for overdose. I've never seen one, but haven't searched.

Last edited:
I was listening to a podcast and someone shared a story where they overdosed on 320mg of oxy and xanax, then snorted meth. He said his doctor told him the meth is the only thing that kept him alive.

This reminded me of a BLer who basically posted about the same scenario.

It made me think. Can stimulants really save you from fatal respiratory depression? I always thought it was common sense if you have a toxic level of a drug, don't add more. Speedballing is dangerous. However, of you OD on meth they give you a combo of depressants correct? Does it work the other way, too?

This led me to my next idea. I've never seen any sort of manual for overdose. Things you could do in the moment as well as preventative measures.

For example taking a drug to counteract, writing down what drugs you took in case you can't communicate, having emergency on speed dial and always keep your phone on you, telling other people you're with what you took and tell them what signs of OD would look like. Things like that. Maybe we could make a complete harm reduction guide specifically for overdose. I've never seen one, but haven't searched.
See...this is why meth is a good drug. It gets you thinking. In the past a hospital admission as soon as I was led in the door the nurse knew exactly what was wrong with me, luckily or else I would have died at the worst....or suffered some sort of brain damage.

Meth could save lives like those two things they put on your chest in the operating theatre and they say "he's clear" and the patient's chest goes up in the air.

The thing about writing what you took and the dose in your pocket or on your arm is a fantastic idea, I read about it years ago but stupidly never did it.

For the other stuff up above I'm getting off track lol someone else can chime in.

But meth is an evil that's not even the word for it....when abused.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Meth has its good and evil attributes, depending on dose frequency and reason. I consider it opening a human portal in the brain allowing access to evil extremities (cartels blessing drugs santa maria, correct if wrong but I believe the evil , delusions, anger and chaos has alot to do with demonic extremities. I'm stoned here hope I'm making sense

I absolutely do not condone this or recommend it, but one time several years ago my S.O. took the remaining benzos in our batch in a suicidal impulse. It was after a terrible fight and I was drunk and fucked up as hell (still no excuse for my decisions, but it bears mentioning), and in a panic I woke her up long enough to snort some meth. She closed her eyes afterward and I did my best to monitor her vitals for the rest of the night. Though everything turned out ok, I should have taken her to the ER. I made this decision with the meth in a panic.