Positive Over two years clean off of meth and a year off of alcohol.

Brandis

Greenlighter
I believe this is my first thread so take it easy on me. Lol. This is not a thread of me bragging, or forcing my opinion on anyone. The purpose is to give support and tell people how I did this and my point of view on recovery and addiction.

When I was 6 the doctor offered to put me on Ritalin for ADHD, but my grandparents, who raised me, said that was far too young). I began smoking weed occasionally and drinking in elementary school. As I got older, I began experiencing more issues in school and was labeled an outcast. When I got into 7th or 8th grade in Middle school my grandfather began giving my prescription drugs to originally help with mood swings, explosive anger, and cutting/burning. He originally gave me a part of Xanax. Then, I began manipulating them into more frequently giving me drugs. It moved on up into Percocet, that old pink pill that was banned, among many others. I got older and used medication more and more. I ended up in a coma at 14-15 for 3-4 days, from a benzodiazepine and large amount of vodka overdose. I was forced into a residential treatment facility after dropping out where I also abused pills. Got out with all my meds and crushed them up at first bathroom. Was introduced to shooting up by an unknown person, I know him you won't for the sake of this thread. I have had many suicide attempts, over 140 scars on my body that all overlap and join together.... I was tired of feeling lost in life and empty, tired of being alone, tired of loss and death, I wanted to make a change but didn't know where to begin. I'm leaving many traumatic things out of this post. I was practically dropped off at a hotel to look at the first homeless shelter (Missoula, MT) I would be staying at as soon as my hotel money ran out. I didn't want to do meth anymore and didn't want to drink but felt I had no other choice as weed was far to expensive to replace either with. I wandered back and forth from the reservation and Missoula then eventually attempted suicide a couple more times. I was sent to the state hospital after being in and out of psychiatric facilities. I spent 30 days and out of nowhere decided to leave my home state as all my family was gone or had moved. My friends where all on drugs still, or gone. So, I decided let's go to Washington, I chose Spokane. I got kicked out of the shelter UGM for smoking weed after having significant (to me) time away from alcohol meth and all other substances. I didn't know what to do, met the wrong people, and ended up back where I was. Only now I was in a bigger city, it was everywhere, in fact people in Montana came here to get the stuff and cut back home. I was in and out of detox, if I wasn't drinking, I would twist the bubble. Eventually I got suicidal again and wasn't on any meds for my psychiatric illness'. I had a very scary hallucination that lasted over a week. I went to mental health, got out, used just a little more and realized this is pointless. I went to treatment and left to drink. A couple more times, but like 12-15 times in total to detox. I was staying at the shelter, clean and mostly sober off alcohol. Found spirituality and GOD. I got prescribed suboxone, psych meds for anxiety and depression, and ADHD. I'm so grateful I never took my life, overdosed or passed away. I want to help as many people as I can now. I have 2 years off of meth, a year off of alcohol, and a year off of benzos. Also, I haven't touched illicit opiates in 2 years. Anyone can do this and I pray that you do it is far better on this side I GURENTEE IT! Please seek treatment it saved my life. Have faith and patience. Some people get clean the first time, some it takes a while, but I would recommend focusing on harm reduction more than anything. If you use a drug that is commonly laced or easy to overdose on, I would recommend replacing it if you must with something less dangerous to you and your loved ones. Everyone's journey is different. What works for one may not work for another.

Last edited:
I believe this is my first thread so take it easy on me. Lol. This is not a thread of me bragging, or forcing my opinion on anyone. The purpose is to give support and tell people how I did this and my point of view on recovery and addiction.

When I was 6 the doctor offered to put me on Ritalin for ADHD, but my grandparents, who raised me, said that was far too young). I began smoking weed occasionally and drinking in elementary school. As I got older, I began experiencing more issues in school and was labeled an outcast. When I got into 7th or 8th grade in Middle school my grandfather began giving my prescription drugs to originally help with mood swings, explosive anger, and cutting/burning. He originally gave me a part of Xanax. Then, I began manipulating them into more frequently giving me drugs. It moved on up into Percocet, that old pink pill that was banned, among many others. I got older and used medication more and more. I ended up in a coma at 14-15 for 3-4 days, from a benzodiazepine and large amount of vodka overdose. I was forced into a residential treatment facility after dropping out where I also abused pills. Got out with all my meds and crushed them up at first bathroom. Was introduced to shooting up by an unknown person, I know him you won't for the sake of this thread. I have had many suicide attempts, over 140 scars on my body that all overlap and join together.... I was tired of feeling lost in life and empty, tired of being alone, tired of loss and death, I wanted to make a change but didn't know where to begin. I'm leaving many traumatic things out of this post. I was practically dropped off at a hotel to look at the first homeless shelter (Missoula, MT) I would be staying at as soon as my hotel money ran out. I didn't want to do meth anymore and didn't want to drink but felt I had no other choice as weed was far to expensive to replace either with. I wandered back and forth from the reservation and Missoula then eventually attempted suicide a couple more times. I was sent to the state hospital after being in and out of psychiatric facilities. I spent 30 days and out of nowhere decided to leave my home state as all my family was gone or had moved. My friends where all on drugs still, or gone. So, I decided let's go to Washington, I chose Spokane. I got kicked out of the shelter UGM for smoking weed after having significant (to me) time away from alcohol meth and all other substances. I didn't know what to do, met the wrong people, and ended up back where I was. Only now I was in a bigger city, it was everywhere, in fact people in Montana came here to get the stuff and cut back home. I was in and out of detox, if I wasn't drinking, I would twist the bubble. Eventually I got suicidal again and wasn't on any meds for my psychiatric illness'. I had a very scary hallucination that lasted over a week. I went to mental health, got out, used just a little more and realized this is pointless. I went to treatment and left to drink. A couple more times, but like 12-15 times in total to detox. I was staying at the shelter, clean and mostly sover off alcohol. Found spirituality and GOD. I got on suboxone, psych meds for anxiety and depression, and ADHD. I'm so grateful I never took my life, overdosed or passed away. I want to help as many people as I can now. I have 2 years off of meth, a year off of alcohol, and a year off of benzos. Also havent touched illicit opiates in 2 years. Anyone can do this and I pray that you do it is far better on this side I GURENTEE IT! Please seek treatment it saved my life. Have faith and patience. Some people get clean the first time, some it takes awhile, but focus on harm reduction more than anything.

Hey and welcome, that's awesome!! 👏👍✌️

I'm sure you can help people ☺️

❤️ From Australia 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺