• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Out of date benzos length of time before diminished effect.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So following on from my last thread about under-dosing, I'd now like to know your experiences with out of date benzos and how long after the date that the effects began to lessen, or maybe in certain cases not at all? I'll kick things off by saying I've recently had out of date UK Lorazepam (because it was a whole blister that specifically had the use by end cut off) and I eventually took 8 x 2.5mg and felt nothing.

MODS: If you think this is too similar to the other thread please do say so and it's gone for a burton, no prob. But I think it's worth a chat at least, only a couple of instances of out of date came up in that last thread.

I've had out of date lorazepam and it still worked as normal. It was only 2 months out of date though. I've got a few street pressed xanax bars I bought over 3 years ago and they work as well as they first did.

Why did the lorazepam you took do nothing? My only explanation could be either they were duds (rare but could happen), delusions of sobriety or the fact that sometimes benzo don't work consistently. I've once taken 3mg etizolam and it had me all mellowed out and blissfully floating on clouds while other times the same dose will have me feeling only drowsy and wanting to sleep while at other times I'd feel little of anything. Once a 5mg dose of high quality etizolam powder did next to nothing. I find benzos effects sometimes to not be consistent.

Use by dates don't really mean they are no good but it means it MAY not be as effective. There was a study on out of date medication and it was found a lot of meds can still be effective years after the use by date.

Why did the lorazepam you took do nothing?
The only answer I have is the date( they were Major on WEDINOS but obviously we know this doesn't give active ingredient amounts), everything else from this vendor was legit. So I don't really know and I guess why I started the thread just to see what experiences other people have. The best way of course is to have someone else take one and see how they feel, but when you mention delusions of sobriety I can't rule that out either and is a very plausible explanation..I'm taking a lot of stuff at the moment, but the other pills I take work fine. So, I don't know.

Were they counterfeits or pharma pills? I doubt pharma pills would suddenly stop working once past the used by date. Counterfeits very well could of been duds

Were they counterfeits or pharma pills? I doubt pharma pills would suddenly stop working once past the used by date. Counterfeits very well could of been duds
Who knows anymore when the blisters are identical and WEDINOS gives a "Major" result

I personally don't think genuine benzos would as you say immediately stop working after the use by date, but I also think it depends how long they've been stacked up somewhere making that gap after the use by get longer and longer.

My final judgement is that they were duds. Research suggests meds last years even decades past their use by date and there are many anecdotal reports of expired benzos working perfectly fine.

I eat on lorazepam I’ve had for maybe 10yrs kept in poor conditions and it’s fine.

-GC

I eat on lorazepam I’ve had for maybe 10yrs kept in poor conditions and it’s fine.

-GC
Ok, that's a fairly solid case against the use by defence lawyers. Which brand? WeCare? Lorpam? Lorpez1? Nerodelm2?

I would not take use-by dates all that seriously. I know of many people who have taken opiates, benzos, etc., that were many years past this arbitrary use-by date. In some cases, over a decade if they were stored in a closed container and kept stable in terms of heat, light, moisture, oxygen. And if they are blister packs that came from god knows where, the date is entirely arbitrary anyway, and you never know what the pills contain right from the get go anyway. So certainly some potency is likely to be lost over time, and of course it depends on the compound, but using pills that are years past this use-by date is certainly not uncommon.

I would not take use-by dates all that seriously. I know of many people who have taken opiates, benzos, etc., that were many years past this arbitrary use-by date. In some cases, over a decade if they were stored in a closed container and kept stable in terms of heat, light, moisture, oxygen. And if they are blister packs that came from god knows where, the date is entirely arbitrary anyway, and you never know what the pills contain right from the get go anyway. So certainly some potency is likely to be lost over time, and of course it depends on the compound, but using pills that are years past this use-by date is certainly not uncommon.
Well said, and obviously that's part of how the vendors got those one's in the first place. I know it's stupid asking questions like this when you're sourcing in a certain manner, but I'm just sometimes curious how often this happens and people just carry on for a host of reasons. But again I have my reasons for aroused suspicions when I see the specific place where the use by should be and it's cut off, or a vendor won't reply to the use by question...that's another red light.

I bought these Morningside UK Lorazepam (unknowingly) with no sell by (this is another lot to the one's I put in the post at the top), they were like chewing concrete, I eventually took 6 or 8 and nothing and binned them. But from the same vendor on the same order they had UK Nitrazepam legit as you like, you know this by when the hypnotic properties start warming things up but you don't blackout (unless you want to or you don't know what you're doing dose wise). So it's confusing out there sometimes.

Well said, and obviously that's part of how the vendors got those one's in the first place. I know it's stupid asking questions like this when you're sourcing in a certain manner, but I'm just sometimes curious how often this happens and people just carry on for a host of reasons. But again I have my reasons for aroused suspicions when I see the specific place where the use by should be and it's cut off, or a vendor won't reply to the use by question...that's another red light.
The vendor most likely cut it off cos it was out of date and didn't want negative feedback over it but that doesn't mean it shouldn't work if they had lorazepam or even an rc benzo in there. Like what seller has benzos that would years out of date anyway? Probably a few months perhaps.

The vendor most likely cut it off cos it was out of date and didn't want negative feedback over it but that doesn't mean it shouldn't work if they had lorazepam or even an rc benzo in there. Like what seller has benzos that would years out of date anyway? Probably a few months perhaps.
Yeah I don't know, it's very strange. It's a story that looks made up but I'm not on this forum to spin yarns and catch blueberries, I think the only way to get to the bottom is not WEDINOS but to have someone take a couple and see what they feel. Maybe my tolerance is much higher than I thought but other tablets I take work...this is the thing that really pisses me off. I don't have substance user people in my circles anymore either for a host of reasons so I can't even give one out to test.

Last edited by a moderator: