• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Out of curiosity, how common is Fentanyl/Fentalogue contamination in modern street drugs in 2023?

User145667

Bluelighter
Is it really that common to find Fent in your Meth, coke, Molly, ect. these days? Just how truly common are counterfeit pain pills, too?

Are these media stories just a scare tactic or is it truly a statistical concern? I personally know of a few people who actually have had Fent contaminated meth (one died and the other had to be hit like 7 times with Narcan at a Sober Living Unit), so I know it happens, but is it as common as the media portrays?

What has been your experience? There still sure are a lot of meth heads and crack heads and pill poppers. Seems like there'd be a lot less if this was a legit, statistical concern... And I'm not saying it's not. Personally, the thought of the risk of getting Fentanized drugs scares the living shit out of me. Its why I only use Poppy Pod Tea, Kratom, and Delta 8 / alternative Cannabinoids these days. From what I heard not even weed can be trusted. Ive literally developed a Fentanyl phobia (although the fear of such is not irrational, but I fear it to the extreme. Like I'm many of the times literally afraid to accept food or drink from strangers these days as a drifter, because I'm scared it may be purposely poisoned with Fent) iver the past couple of years.

You would probably say "just test your drugs" But TX, for some retarded reason, made Fent test strips illegal to possess, and whenever I did happen to use them when I lived in FL, the instructions were unclear and seemed to have a high risk of false positives, particularly when testing Methamphetamine. Not to mention, they are a bit pricey, may not test for all analogues, and Fent contamination spots could potentially be so small, that one would have to literally test every hit of their drugs (or make the whole stash onto a solution and test the whole batch). Which simply isn't very feasible nor practical.

Why can't these tards just stop cross contaminating their dope? Seems like such an unnecessary and easily avoided risk. All you need to do as a dealer/distributor is act like you have just a slight bit of intelligence and decency (although decency isn't abundant among drug dealers of course, but you get what I'm saying)

Also, Black Tar should be pretty safe, right? I mean, the stuff is already dirt cheap and, by nature, pretty damn potent (on account of the usual high levels of 6-MAM found within BTH). I see no real reason for the Cartels to intentionally cut BTH with Fentanyl because of this...unless people are so used to Fentaharron that the customer can no longer feel even BTH when they shoot it.

So whats your opinion, Is the risk legit?

So, I was a junkie for 15 years, and I was just in jail for 30+ days, and when I got out I did a couple shots of meth, but I really wanted to stay away from the opiates. So, I went to the methadone clinic to try to get the Vivitrol shot but they couldn't give it to me because I popped positive for opiates when they drug tested me. I never believed that they were putting it in the meth, but apparently they are.

So, I was a junkie for 15 years, and I was just in jail for 30+ days, and when I got out I did a couple shots of meth, but I really wanted to stay away from the opiates. So, I went to the methadone clinic to try to get the Vivitrol shot but they couldn't give it to me because I popped positive for opiates when they drug tested me. I never believed that they were putting it in the meth, but apparently they are.
Nasty, dude.

Yeah, that's what scares me these days. I'm not sure who's idea it was to start putting opioids/fent in everything, but it seems counter-productive to running a smooth dealing operation. Bodies dropping is never good for business.

I've seen a figure listed of between 30-60% of non-opioid street drugs tested for fent, but it also didn't clarify if it was incidental trace amounts (which is fairly common) or actually laced. So kinda vague.

Is it really that common to find Fent in your Meth, coke, Molly, ect. these days? Just how truly common are counterfeit pain pills, too?

Are these media stories just a scare tactic or is it truly a statistical concern? I personally know of a few people who actually have had Fent contaminated meth (one died and the other had to be hit like 7 times with Narcan at a Sober Living Unit), so I know it happens, but is it as common as the media portrays?

What has been your experience? There still sure are a lot of meth heads and crack heads and pill poppers. Seems like there'd be a lot less if this was a legit, statistical concern... And I'm not saying it's not. Personally, the thought of the risk of getting Fentanized drugs scares the living shit out of me. Its why I only use Poppy Pod Tea, Kratom, and Delta 8 / alternative Cannabinoids these days. From what I heard not even weed can be trusted. Ive literally developed a Fentanyl phobia (although the fear of such is not irrational, but I fear it to the extreme. Like I'm many of the times literally afraid to accept food or drink from strangers these days as a drifter, because I'm scared it may be purposely poisoned with Fent) iver the past couple of years.

You would probably say "just test your drugs" But TX, for some retarded reason, made Fent test strips illegal to possess, and whenever I did happen to use them when I lived in FL, the instructions were unclear and seemed to have a high risk of false positives, particularly when testing Methamphetamine. Not to mention, they are a bit pricey, may not test for all analogues, and Fent contamination spots could potentially be so small, that one would have to literally test every hit of their drugs (or make the whole stash onto a solution and test the whole batch). Which simply isn't very feasible nor practical.

Why can't these tards just stop cross contaminating their dope? Seems like such an unnecessary and easily avoided risk. All you need to do as a dealer/distributor is act like you have just a slight bit of intelligence and decency (although decency isn't abundant among drug dealers of course, but you get what I'm saying)

Also, Black Tar should be pretty safe, right? I mean, the stuff is already dirt cheap and, by nature, pretty damn potent (on account of the usual high levels of 6-MAM found within BTH). I see no real reason for the Cartels to intentionally cut BTH with Fentanyl because of this...unless people are so used to Fentaharron that the customer can no longer feel even BTH when they shoot it.

So whats your opinion, Is the risk legit?

One can simply visit drugsdata.org and see for themselves. (The site shows the results of GCMS analysis performed on samples of drugs sent in from all over the United States.)

Based on that dataset, which is large enough and sufficiently dispersed geographically to be considered a fairly representative sample of illicit drugs sold in the US, one can see that it is actually quite rare for fentanyl to show up in things like meth and cocaine, and it is extremely rare for it to be found in things like ecstasy tablets.

Again that data set is of a sufficient size to be able to make some sound assumptions about the prevalence of such things.

That is so fucked up bro

One can simply visit drugsdata.org and see for themselves. (The site shows the results of GCMS analysis performed on samples of drugs sent in from all over the United States.)

Based on that dataset, which is large enough and sufficiently dispersed geographically to be considered a fairly representative sample of illicit drugs sold in the US, one can see that it is actually quite rare for fentanyl to show up in things like meth and cocaine, and it is extremely rare for it to be found in things like ecstasy tablets.

Again that data set is of a sufficient size to be able to make some sound assumptions about the prevalence of such things.
This is the comment I was looking for by far. Thanks bud.

Also, have you tried to go back and get the vivatrol shot again after a few days? Try to stay clean sis, you already made it this far. I imagine WDing from a 15 year Heroin habit (IN JAIL NO LESS) was fucking rough. Don't let it be all for nought if you can help it. Praying for ya to stay clean till you can get that shot

Last edited:
In the United States, in my opinion, 98% of “dope” has fentanyl in it. Finding real brown, afghan / etc is quite near impossible

Bodies dropping is never good for business.
I remember how old junkies used to tell how during opiod epidemic of a sort in my country, when someone would OD, everyone was rushing to get that fire stuff.
And with an influx of newly hooked to opiods in USA I’m pretty sure no ones business is really hurting from junkies dropping dead given that shitty imitation of drugs in place of heroin are cheaper than milk to produce. And funeral homes as side hustle more than cover up the losses.

Yeah, that's what scares me these days. I'm not sure who's idea it was to start putting opioids/fent in everything, but it seems counter-productive to running a smooth dealing operation. Bodies dropping is never good for business.
I attribute fentanyl cutting to why I'm not using hard drugs anymore. Honestly, if fent wasn't in everything, I would probably dabble occasionally, but I won't touch hard stuff anymore. I have kids and I'm not trying to die in the bathroom, again.

They definitely lost a BIG customer here. I used to spend every penny I had on dope.

Now they get nothing. Not a good business model, indeed.

Shit the streets ain't safe. I'm in CO and I've had a girlfriend that died of the coke she was doing. Turned out it was cut with fent bad. The meth we were doing was cut with it as well found out cause my ex and I were slamming it and she's on methadone and popped for fent.
Now the fent has xalazine and some has some rc benzos. Fent is the reason I quit all street drugs. You only wake up in the hospital a few times before you don't.

In the United States, in my opinion, 98% of “dope” has fentanyl in it. Finding real brown, afghan / etc is quite near impossible

I don't doubt that, at least since round 2020 and later anyways. I have always felt like BTH should at least be a bit more reliable though. Like, it should at least be mostly heroin if nothing else (well, technically BTH isn't true Heroin, but more like a cocktail of Morphine, other opium alkaloids, heroin metabolities like 6-MAM, impurities, and some fluctuating amount of actual diacetylmorphine; but for all intents and purposes, its basically heroin lol).

I checked that drug testing site that someone suggested earlier in the thread, and all the heroin (except for the couple of instances of BTH, as I had predicted, were mostly Fentanyl/Fentalogues and filler with little to no actual heroin even in it at all. The two examples of black tar weren't nearly as bad. One sample was all Tar, and the other one was mostly tar with a small bit of fent added to it.

Honestly, Fentanyl is one of the worst things that happened to mankind. We'd be better off if opioids of that type of insane potency never existed in the first place. The few pros (pros which can be provided by other, better opioids anyways) it has are FAR, FAR outweighed by the cons and hazards. A drug from hell to be sure; A plague on humanity. Fuck that awful shitty drug. Super deadly, with next to no euphoria. Thanks for that one Science. It makes heroin look like an angel in comparison.

I guess actual heroin is now becoming a thing of the past, and with the collective people's tolerance wrecked from fentanyl, and the high profit margin because of its cheap and easy manufacturer (that doesn't even require tons of labor intensive opium harvesting) are pretty much guaranteeing us that, just as Heroin replaced Opium and made it obsolete, now Fentanyl is doing the same to Heroin. Which retarded because Heroin is superior Fent in every single way, save for potency. Soon Heroin with be one of those novel drugs of legend, kind of like Opium, Quaaludes and 4-MAR. What a damn shame.