• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Other ways to die other than OD

woodspiece

Greenlighter
Have you ever noticed that when you're using regularly using; on subutex; or methadone that you rarely get sick-other than drug sick associated with w/ds?
That's cause the narcotics are masking almost everything Any and/or all opiates. These past 2 weeks I've had some kind of bug; scratchy sore throat followed by a lot of chest congestion. I'm on bup. and I’ve been working at adjusting my dose. I’ve been on 1mg. for a few months (after a 5 month spell on heroin and morphine) and am experimenting with larger doses up to 2mgs at most.

To be honest, I hardly knew there was anything wrong with me. And when I went into a bad coughing fit from smoking cigs., I just rail a very small amount of subutex and that was the end of the cough.

But 2 years ago when I was on 2mgs of bup (I tend to go on and off bup/heroin every few months or so--it is neither good nor bad, but what is...) I almost died. I have a common renal situation which is stable and non-threatening unless something changes and that change usually registers as severe pain. I sort of felt the pain, but not really and not enough to think anything was really wrong. I was talking to a med. doc. who is a friend of mind (I’m not his patient but he knows all about my narcotics issues.) and he told me to get to the doctor for tests immediately--and sure enough-it was very dangerous situation and I had to have an emergency procedure.

If I had not had that causal time with my friend, I probably would have died as a specific type of infection called sepsis which kills you (in this case) in about 4 hours. Actually, many people die from this all the time because they don't get to the hospital in time.

So, just keep tabs on yourself and if anything out of the ordinary comes over you-get to a doctor, clinic, hospital.

Just another aspect of the drug culture: making sure your body isn't doing anything strange when your nodding out.

Opiates depress coughing. That's why you stop coughing. Bupe also has a pain killing effect. So it isn't totally far fetched to think that the pain killing effect of the drug masked your symptoms for a little while.

I'm on maintenance and I definitely get other kinds of sick. The Subutex doesn't effect my ability, in any way, to detect what is going on or going wrong with me.

Opiates depress coughing. That's why you stop coughing. Bupe also has a pain killing effect. So it isn't totally far fetched to think that the pain killing effect of the drug masked your symptoms for a little while.

I'm on maintenance and I definitely get other kinds of sick. The Subutex doesn't effect my ability, in any way, to detect what is going on or going wrong with me.

Yes, of course--and in my youth why I enjoyed cough syrup so much-for the opiate effect. Interestingly, you bring up a whole secondary thread possibility (if anyone cared to pursue it) and that is performers who would have or want nothing to do with opiates, but find that they are necessary when performing sick...and then one thing leads to another...

My symptoms went on for four months, which I would not consider a little while and I should have noted that point in my first post.

Just one point: cough syrups (cod-hydro) are meant to suppress, not depress productive coughs--oxy (multiple uses) and hydromorph. preparations are used to depress non-productive coughs in serious conditions such as certain types of stage 2-4 lung cancer par example.

You're lucky that your physogomy allows you to detect pain and other "bararmeter" markings with regard to illness--also your dose may play into to it-high or low as bup. is a non-linear drug when compared to full ags. (until the ceiling dose is reached; and starting aprox. <4mgs.)

However like most things, everyone responds to medication differently; and especially if there are other meds being taken at the same time which can enhance/non-enhance the efficacy of sub.--or the other med(s)--or all in any combination.

While you are fortunate that you can detect what is going on in your body--at least as far as you are trained to do so, or the human condition allows for without diagnostic tools, i would not consider that your case, anymore than mine, should be considered a "benchmark." And why I made started this thread as everyone is different.

Thanks for your response!

Last edited:
My pops takes a bunch of norcos each a day and he claims it helps with his breathing (hes been a damn smoker his whole life).
Also I have back problems and can attest to the pain relief from subs. I took 1mg the first time I tried it but it was way too intense for me.. My tolerance is so low I can literally cut
a tiny corner and it helps just as much as a norco for me

Yep, I dunno whats up with the lack of illness while on subs. What I do know is that, its short lived. When I would run out, especially at the point in time when i had already been on way too many meth binges, man oh man the sickness was just unbelievable. If anything the WD from meth was acceptable at that point in time, until it got to the point where regardless of if i was hungry and tired as fuck from not sleeping and eating, i still wouldn't be able to sleep or eat. this went on for days, truely put me in a vulnerable position where i had fucked off so many things in my life that scraping together $10 for a sub got to be improbable. Turns out I had Hep A, mononucleosis, a kidney infection they said as well as something else thoroughly fucking up my kidneys (forget the name but it was due to the meth and the lack of water) as the bupe left my body over those 2-3 weeks and i finally started getting better, man oh man was i happy. because i literally thought and tbh most likely was on deaths door for that couple of weeks. This was last Feb, and since then i dont put meth in my body and if i put opiates it will be very strictly regulated (and i still regret it anyway). Dont let it get to this point, ya will regret it. Even if you dont do meth, the ppl i knew mostly either IV'd coke and heroin and switched between that and suboxone or they just flat out IV'd and smoked as much meth as humanly possible along with a daily suboxone dosage. Never saw anyone that could do the meth and sub thing more than a day or two max before theyd just keep taking it and go balls out to the point they went crazy. Sure, some could "regulate" with the meth and ppl dont usually know/just think something is wrong with the person health-wise. Either way, not a good deal. IV coke, benzos is one thing, could pass for "normal" perhaps. But yeah, OD is the least of your worries when youre super duper strung out. ODing usually only happens to people using again after coming back from a break or from bad/spiked dope.