• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc OTC medications that increase seizure thresholds?

cacachanel

Greenlighter
I created a thread earlier in which nobody replied, but the answer to "why I need it" is there. Basically, I'm going to potentiate a low(ish) dose of Bupropion, but don't know at which extent my "experiment may work", so I'm afraid of getting a seizure.
Do you guys know any OTC drug that increases the seizure threshold?
Also, I live in Brazil, and a lot of stuff is OTC here (it's controlled only if it's an opioid, antibiotic or strictly for psychiatric for first-line use; nothing like baclofen, Vistaril, soma is controlled here etc. There are even some OTC opioids.), so you may give suggestions too.

Plain old alcohol is excellent at inducing seizures on comedowns. Experimented with that myself. The downside is you need to be blackout drunk for several days at least, then go cold turkey for 2-3 days.

That's similar to the benzo habit you claimed a few months ago: cold turkey at that level could trigger seizures.

Downsides: assuming you don't crack your skull open when you drop without warning, there's a chance no one's around if you keep right on seizing. Turns out, during a seizure, you're not really "breathing". Plus all those muscle contractions can both demand oxygen and pump out lactic acid. You need to breathe to maintain your blood pH, and get oxygen to important organs like your brain.

(In college a neighbor of mine died in the shower, after having a routine epileptic seizure. I'm not sure if she drowned or what, but how long do you wait to knock on your roomates' bathroom door?)

I didn't see the "reason" you want to induce a seizure, but I didn't look very hard. Because there's no possible good that can come out of inducing your own seizures.

Yes, electroconvulsant therapy is a real thing, but that happens in a hospital by trained professionals, long after you've taken every pill available. It has major side effects, too.

Plain old alcohol is excellent at inducing seizures on comedowns. Experimented with that myself. The downside is you need to be blackout drunk for several days at least, then go cold turkey for 2-3 days.

That's similar to the benzo habit you claimed a few months ago: cold turkey at that level could trigger seizures.

Downsides: assuming you don't crack your skull open when you drop without warning, there's a chance no one's around if you keep right on seizing. Turns out, during a seizure, you're not really "breathing". Plus all those muscle contractions can both demand oxygen and pump out lactic acid. You need to breathe to maintain your blood pH, and get oxygen to important organs like your brain.

(In college a neighbor of mine died in the shower, after having a routine epileptic seizure. I'm not sure if she drowned or what, but how long do you wait to knock on your roomates' bathroom door?)

I didn't see the "reason" you want to induce a seizure, but I didn't look very hard. Because there's no possible good that can come out of inducing your own seizures.

Yes, electroconvulsant therapy is a real thing, but that happens in a hospital by trained professionals, long after you've taken every pill available. It has major side effects, too.

He's not trying to "induce" a seizure. The seizure threshold refers the a persons susceptibility to seizures. He's talking about a neuroprotectant, such as medicine that will help PREVENT a seizure, like CBD in marijuana. That INCREASES the seizure threshold, by decreasing electrical activity in your brain.

As for something OTC, CBD (at least in america) is legal and you can buy online. Kava tea also decreases electrical activity in the brain as well. Which can help prevent a seizure.

Last edited: