• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Osaka convenience store employee smuggles LSD into Japan

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Osaka Customs on Wednesday announced the arrest of a 33-year-old convenience store employee for smuggling the synthetic narcotic drug LSD into Japan, reports the Sankei Shimbun (Aug. 5).

In early March, Kenji Marutani, a resident of Sakai City, purchased 25 sheets of paper containing the drug from the United Kingdom. The LSD had been applied as a translucent aqueous solution to the sheets.

Marutani, who has been charged with violating the Narcotics Control Law, has admitted to the allegations, telling police that he purchased the drug via the Internet for his own use.

lsd.jpg

cont at
http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2015/08/06/osaka-convenience-store-employee-smuggles-lsd-into-japan/

Marutani, who has been charged with violating the Narcotics Control Law, has admitted to the allegations, telling police that he purchased the drug via the Internet for his own use.

gee, i wonder why someone with no proof against him would admit to such a significant crime...

^for a long time that was because Japanese police were brutally abusive to prisoners, I'm not sure if that's still the case.

I would love to get acid again

I already imagine Japan as a zany place. It'd be super zany on LSD.

Back in the late 1970s Japanese acid was being sold in Australia [ by the " Aum Shinko " cult , I believe ] . It was amazing stuff .....

I am guessing that this poor guy had purchased 25 tabs [ not sheets ] from a dark net vendor ...... hoping they are not too harsh when dealing with him , but Asian countries have an unenlightened attitude to drugs

Its not surprising he confessed given their culture. You really can not look at it as what you would do in that situation, its probably dishonorable to lie especially to officials he probably did the right thing.

He was probably threatened/tricked by the cops, and therefore confessed.
Too bad he confessed.
Nobody should go to jail for drugs.
And this goes double (imo, at least) for drugs that are potentially invaluable to humans in their quest for learning and understanding, such as LSD.

The poster who mentioned cultural norms in Japan is spot on. I feel for the guy because Japanese prisons are hellish.

I wonder if people ordering tabs of other lysergamides are being charged with LSD possession in these sorts of cases?
I don't know about Japan, but Australian law enforcement tends to take a long time to get lab results back regarding the identification of substances.

ah, it looks like they might have ordered it from a darknet vendor. i'm still curious how customs caught onto this in the first place considering how stealthy LSD is, maybe the acquaintance it was addressed to agreed to it at first and then changed their mind later on.

Coming (as i do) from a country with very tight customs checks on mail, you'd be surprised what they manage to intercept.
There are some very advanced scanners these days, along with ither forms of detection being potentially used as well.
Financial data and various mail system tricks (not something im familiar with, but Japan have had high rates of seizing things like cannabis seeds in the mail for years).

I note with interest though, that i was correct in suspecting this was an RC lysergamide, rather than LSD.
I wonder if some jurisdictions will even bother to make the distinction, legally - or if people caught with tabs of 1p-LSD, ALD-52 , ETH-LAD et al, will just be charged with possession of LSD? :\

Last edited: