Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Orphenadrine info

junkie skumbag

Bluelighter
hey all

i've recently got my hands on a bottle of norflex (Orphenadrine) each pill is 100mg.according to wiki euphoria and local anaesthetic effects are noted when using this medication (i've been prescribed it for back pain.According to wiki orphenadrine is an anticholinergic drug of the ethanolamine antihistamine class with prominent CNS and peripheral actions used to treat painful muscle spasms, other similar conditions, as well as the treatment of some aspects of Parkinson's Disease. It is closely related to diphenhydramine. Therefore, it is related to other drugs used for Parkinson's like benztropine and trihexyphenidyl, and it is also structurally related to nefopam, which is a centrally-acting yet non-opioid analgesic. The combination of anticholinergic effects and CNS penetration make orphenadrine useful for pain of all etiologies, including pain from: radiculopathy, muscle pain, and headaches.
Euphoria is an effect reported by many patients and orphenadrine has been investigated for use against depression, as first reported in June 1958 in the American Journal of Psychiatry.
Like many first-generation antihistamines and chemically-similar anticholinergics, orphenadrine can also cause excitement and insomnia, particularly in children and the elderly.
It goes on to say Stimulation is somewhat more common than with other related antihistamines, but then it says dry mouth, dizziness, drowsiness, restlessness, insomnia, constipation, urine retention, orthostatic hypotension, and euphoria. The drowsiness and similar side effects tend to resolve within the first three to seven days of therapy. The euphoria is slight to moderate and subjectively different from that of both opioids and carisoprodol. Also, the somewhat cleaner side effect profile than cyclobenzaprine increases the therapeutic usefulness of the euphorigenic and anxiolytic effects.
My doctor also said it should potentate my benzos.so what im wondering is.has anyone had expirence with this drug and if so could you please give me some first hand info.does it work aswell as opiates do for back pain? it says euphoria is noted what kind of euphoria? is it a sleepy relaxing type of euphoria like opiates (witch is the high im chasing) or is it more like coke or meth with that uppy stimulated type euphoria?what doses should be taken to reach good euphoria but still in the safe area ( i have a mild to high tolly to opiates if that means anything)

anyways thanks in advanced :) PLUR <3

being an anti chollinergic drug similar to diphenhydramine i highly doubt it's going to be slightly recreational. it's likely to induce delirium.

Yeah it's most likely gonna be a deliriant, high doses of DPH and other anti-histamines can give stimulation too but there are a few(lol) other unwanted side effects, like delirium.

I have never found orphendrine by itself to be euphoric, as mentioned I've run into unpleasant side effects and mild delirium and never discovered euphoria fom it.

However, it does work well for some pain related to cramping muscles, and I think it has a mild potentiating effect on opiates (specifically, codeine and oxycodone).

Picked up a few of these in thailand under the brand name norgesic where they are OTC, gave them a dece trial by itself and in combinations.
pretty useless as a stand alone recreational drug, they work a treat for muscle cramps though.
Alright when mixed with an opiate but wasn't as noticeable as when potentiating with carisprodol and probably not worth the body load. Again didn't add a hell of a lot to benzos either and would prob just prefer to up my benzo dosage. Norgesic has a good dose of paracetamol in it though so my max dose of orphenadrine was about 120mg.
I wouldn't really describe the standalone effect as euphoria , more of a "feeling" at 120mg roughly equivalent like .5mg diazepam and a nudge of tramadol, basically SFA.