• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Orlando citizens and the officers who beat us.

manboychef

Bluelighter
Here is yet another news story about police brutality by the OPD.
It was just after a night of fun, fireworks and music when Kissimmee, Forida residents Mario Manzi 19, Jazmin Ahmed 19, and Ryan Diaz 19, decided to call an “Uber” driver to pick them up. They were stuck in the rain after a concert, and patiently waited under a building overhang for the driver to arrive.

But waiting for a ride was perceived as a crime to one Orlando police officer who said they could “smell marijuana"

Ryan Reese of Kissemmee’s local One 92 reports that “once the police officer – who has been identified as Michael Napolitano – said he was detaining and searching the concert goers under the suspicion that he could also smell marijuana, Manzi took out his cellphone to record the altercation for legal purposes. Once Manzi hit record, that’s where things began to go south.

In the video we can see Manzi explaining to Napolitano that it is perfectly legal to record police interactions. Officer Napolitano retorts: “You are being detained right now ’cause you smell like Marijuana!”

That’s when he reaches for Manzi’s cellphone. So Manzi hands the phone to his friend Ryan Diaz, who would have ever right to record for him. Manzi instructed him: “Record this. Record this.”

Officer Napolitano then barks that they are both being detained.

“We’re being detained because it smells like marijuana, we understand,” the citizens respond.

When Officer Napolitano tried once again to assault Manzi and seize his cell phone that Diaz was recording with, Manzi explained: “You can’t grab my camera.”

Officer Napolitano didn’t like being told that citizens have rights. He angrily barked back: “Yes I can sir! You do not understand how this works! You are detained! You do not run the show!”.

Diaz passes the phone back to Manzi, who recorded Diaz being thrown to the ground and repeatedly punched in the face by Officer Napolitano.

Officer Napolitano continues to punch Diaz who is on the ground, while he yells: “Get on the ground!” to try to justify the assault.

After a thorough beating and search, there was no marijuana or any sort of paraphernalia found on either, nor near the scene.

Manzi and Ahmed were, however, both charged with “trespassing” and “battery on a law enforcement officer” as well as “resisting an officer without violence.”

Watch the video of the incident below and help SPREAD THE WORD!

[video]https://youtu.be/DxYqRaLlG1w[/video]<---click here to be appalled by how the police treat practically everyone in Orlando

Also for further reading look up officers Peter Delio and William Faulkner. If you live with me in Orlando, please stay safe and always hit record.

ps: take note that we are a tourist run city, and this is par for the course. We are always looking for new and inventive ways to attract tourists...come to our beautiful city! Hopefully you don't leave on probation.

Last edited:
Hard to get the full picture from this short and not-so-well recorded clip, but considering that there's tons of similar cases it's hardly surprising. From what can be seen it looks like straight up abuse. And then they have the nerve to charge the victims... Rarely do I get angry, but damn.

I've already posted this once but I would like to post it once more.

b089d50f91.jpg

It sounds funny but the implication of this picture is gut-wrenching. Biggest gang of our times.

Pretty fucked up, but I'd prolly be angry at the world if I was a douche bag bike cop to.

Hopefully those assholes catch some charges so they can feel the other side of a very unjust system.

Unlikely tho as they run the show.

All for some made up pot stop... when will drug users have rights an be treated as citizens?

Pretty fucked up, but I'd prolly be angry at the world if I was a douche bag bike cop to.

Hopefully those assholes catch some charges so they can feel the other side of a very unjust system.

Unlikely tho as they run the show.

All for some made up pot stop... when will drug users have rights an be treated as citizens?

It's not even just drug users. It's citizens who are susceptible to abuse. Drugs are just used as an excuse. "I could smell marijuana", well fuck me I can smell bullshit a mile away in this. There is NO WAY a healthy society is one in which someone has the right to treat other people like crap, physically abuse them and then label them as criminals and place charges. All under the excuse that said person could smell a plant. What the fuck?

Every time they do this they just get more police executions in the street. And I don't feel bad for the Blue-coated pig fuckers.

Eventually America will wise up and put these fascists in their place. Until then, I'll just rejoice every time one dies (and their victims get huge settlements).

It's shitty that my taxes have to pay for this cycle but at least I get the enjoyment of watching the chaos.

Every time they do this they just get more police executions in the street. And I don't feel bad for the Blue-coated pig fuckers.

Eventually America will wise up and put these fascists in their place. Until then, I'll just rejoice every time one dies (and their victims get huge settlements).

It's shitty that my taxes have to pay for this cycle but at least I get the enjoyment of watching the chaos.

Don't you feel, though, that it is unfair? Because not all police are pigs or fascists. Just like not all germans of the nazi regime/time were actually nazi. So killing one wouldn't automatically be a good thing as in killing a nazi.

The reason I'm saying this is because I often come across people saying things like "fuck the police", "all cops are bad" and so on. That is not true. There are good cops and there are bad cops. For all you know, the one who's suffering could be a good cop. That is not to say I wouldn't like to see an ancient torture device being tested on a bad cop. Very much so, in fact. Tyrannical pigs they are.

There have only been two good cops in recent history, and they were discredited in the Officer Chase Fugate case.

Basically, chase fugate was an officer that beat up a detained suspect, and two police officers reported it and it was brought before a court. Officer Fugate came away with no reprimand, however both of those officers that testified against him have to go back and face "the thin blue line". Their lives on any force are going to be extremely tough. There was also a recent case of a FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) female officer that pulled over a OPD officer for speeding...excesses of 120mph IIRC. Basically, her records were messed with, she was hazed, as well as suffering penalties from her superiors in her precinct.

There are no good cops. The ones that try to be good are systematically taken out of the system. Even if you are good at heart but turn a blind eye to a corrupt cop, you are just as corrupt as they are. There can be an entire station full of Andy Griffiths' out there, but if there is just one corrupt cop on that force they are all just as bad as him for allowing him to wear a badge.

Lastly, the oversight board for most police agencies is internal. Basically, they are policing themselves, and the corrupt cops generally rise through the ranks because they are cut throat enough to do what it takes. These internal investigators routinely lie and cover up instances of police brutality. It has only become news in the last fifteen years because now everyone has a portable recording device in their pockets and are at the point in which they are so alienated and disenfranchised by the police force that anything a cop does is subject to intense scrutiny.

This whole #blacklivesmatter movement has it wrong. All lives matter! It does not matter your race or creed or religion. We are all equal and deserve to be treated as such. If you see a black man in the street dealing with cops...record that shit! if you see a white man, a red man, an orange man or a purple man...fucking record it! It is the only way to make the lives that are on trial truly matter.

They created this system, we suffer the consequences.

Last edited:
What about the green or grey men though...

Anyway, I think you put too high a standard for good cops. Just because I haven't overthrown the corrupt government doesn't mean I'm a bad man. I agree that if there is an incident of senseless violence and a witnessing cop does nothing they are just as much responsible, but it doesn't apply much wider than direct contact with a wrong act. You can't expect good cops to be responsible for something other cops do 100 miles away or something. For me it is pretty much (at this point in time) enough if a cop acts out of respect, dignity and the will to help others no matter if the party who would suffer (aka perpetrator) due to their action is a black man, a white woman or the president. Few do stand up to other corrupt/bad cops though and it is especially saddening when those who do are punished by this corrupt system.

But with the advancement of internet media we are on our way to unbiased knowledge and power as citizens.

I think the problem is partly due to the militarization of police forces around the nation. Most medium to large law enforcement agencies now possess military grade hardware which I'm not convinced is necessary.

I also think level of education is partly to blame as well. Some police forces require only a high school diploma or equivalent to enter the academy. I know I was not the same person coming out of college that I was going in. For most people, I think an undergraduate education makes people more thoughtful and less prone to rash behavior. I know if I were given a gun and badge at age 19 or 20, I would have loved to go around bullying people.

Furthermore, there's this "band of brothers" mentality. From many recent events, it looks like Internal Affairs departments have been rendered impotent. There was the Michelle O'Connell case in St. Augustine, Florida, where a St. Johns County Sheriff's Deputy probably murdered his girlfriend, and guess who investigated the case? That's right…The St. Johns County Sheriff's Department.

http://www.justiceformichelle.com

I believe the cretin who committed this heinous act had no more than a high school education.

Or look at how the arrest of Chicago cop Jason Van Dyke took over a year for the murder of Laquan McDonald. And how 86 minutes of surveillance footage from a Burger King that recorded the murder disappeared. The Chicago Police Chief was fired over it, but he should have been out long ago. And the police agencies themselves are not to blame. Complicit DAs were slow to investigate in both cases. In the O'Connell case, the murderer got off scott free and is still making the residents of St. Johns County safer. And if there was any doubt that Jason Van Dyke was a trigger happy pig, he was involved in another controversial shooting in 2005.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-emmanuel-lopez-shooting-20071206-story.html

There have only been two good cops in recent history, and they were discredited in the Officer Chase Fugate case.

Basically, chase fugate was an officer that beat up a detained suspect, and two police officers reported it and it was brought before a court. Officer Fugate came away with no reprimand, however both of those officers that testified against him have to go back and face "the thin blue line". Their lives on any force are going to be extremely tough. There was also a recent case of a FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) female officer that pulled over a OPD officer for speeding...excesses of 120mph IIRC. Basically, her records were messed with, she was hazed, as well as suffering penalties from her superiors in her precinct.

There are no good cops. The ones that try to be good are systematically taken out of the system. Even if you are good at heart but turn a blind eye to a corrupt cop, you are just as corrupt as they are. There can be an entire station full of Andy Griffiths' out there, but if there is just one corrupt cop on that force they are all just as bad as him for allowing him to wear a badge.

Lastly, the oversight board for most police agencies is internal. Basically, they are policing themselves, and the corrupt cops generally rise through the ranks because they are cut throat enough to do what it takes. These internal investigators routinely lie and cover up instances of police brutality. It has only become news in the last fifteen years because now everyone has a portable recording device in their pockets and are at the point in which they are so alienated and disenfranchised by the police force that anything a cop does is subject to intense scrutiny.

This whole #blacklivesmatter movement has it wrong. All lives matter! It does not matter your race or creed or religion. We are all equal and deserve to be treated as such. If you see a black man in the street dealing with cops...record that shit! if you see a white man, a red man, an orange man or a purple man...fucking record it! It is the only way to make the lives that are on trial truly matter.

They created this system, we suffer the consequences.

:thumbsup: