• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ordeal with clinic

sum1s

Greenlighter
Before I say anything this topic involves a drug test but I have absolutely no questions specifically about the test. just read my post. Still not sure if that's against the rules. I made a mistake and need some advice/opinions

My doctor recently prescribed me klonopin as needed and monday I got a call that I had to switch my next appointment which was supposed to be next wednesday. They told me they could get me in right away at 8 AM. wednesday morning(this week, today), a week before I was expecting it. I agreed to take it.

At the end of the appointment my doctor handed me a paper and said I need to go down to the lab and take a drug test. I knew 100% i wasn't going to pass. I went to the reception desk to schedule my next appointment and I asked if I had to take the test today because "I had to get back to work"(I lied. i took the day off) and showed her it says it looks like I have 1 month to take it. She said thats fine and sent me on my way. A few hours later I get a call from them. I let it go to voicemail cuz i was driving down the interstate and told me I need to speak to my doctor's nurse...wonder what it could be about.

I know I need to stop using other drugs, I'm 99% sure I'd pass anyways if the appointment wasn't changed, which i stupidly agreed to. I really need advice on how to play this out.

My plan is calling them monday morning and explaining that the receptionist told me I didn't have to take it today and that I'd be willing to do it next wednesday, the same day I was supposed to have my doctor appointment. after my psychologist appointment. My doctor already wrote the prescription but I don't necessarily need it right away so I plan on holding off to pick it up after I talk to my clinic or take the test...unless they just automatically failed me for not taking it today.
I lied about having to go into work today, it was the first thing i could think of. I just knew i was ganna be fucked.

I plan on calling monday and explaining that the receptionist said I didn't have to take it today and since I have an appointment with my psychologist that wednesday I'd tell them I'd be more than willing to take it then so I don't have to make an extra trip.

Will/can they call my employer for any reason? such as if i was working that day.and if so what could they talk about? If they did for some reason I'd most likely have a meltdown and quit right then.

The doctor wrote the prescription but I don't necessarily need them right now. Should I pick up what he prescribed me at the pharmacist or wait till I talk to my clinic? Or Could've the doctor have already cancelled the prescription?

Please give me some advice on what to do and what might happen. I don't want to call them this week forcing me to come take a drug test, or did i already fail it for not taking it today? And please just answer my questions. I'd fail for weed and probably meth right now. I don't need a lecture on how drugs are bad... if you're going to post please just answer my questions and stay on topic. You dont have to tell me I fucked up cuz I know i did real bad. This might not sound like a big deal to any of you, but i have nearly crippling anxiety and for the next entire week I'm going to be an absolute nervous wreck

Last edited:
Don't wait until Monday to call them back, do it tomorrow. Evidently, the receptionist made a mistake so when you talk to the nurse explain the misunderstanding. If you procrastinate on this, the doctor may end up discharging you and you don't want that. Do what's expected of you, no excuses. If marijuana comes up on your test, be truthful. They would appreciate your honesty more than dodging them!

Doctor knows ive smoked weed before. and told me he wouldnt prescribe it to me ever again if i tested positive. I've made sure I'd test negative every other time even though this is my first time getting tested. not only that but i was introduced to meth this week which i fucking hate myself for and might even test positive for that too. I also dont take my SSRIs either cuz they dont do shit and make me feel worse and i get different ones every time so i stopped taking them after a few months.

Theyre testing everything i cant use fake piss or anyone elses. Its my fault entirely i fucked up big time. I hate my life,Basically I'm just here on this forum because I have no one to talk to. no one gives the slightest fuck about me. Thats why I'm here on this forum my "friends" could care less. its just a pill to them but it really helps me. I don't abuse this shit I understand this is a powerful dangerous drug. They say the worst that can happen i s you lose the prescription. thats farthest from the worst.. I've had a pretty shitty life so far and even more so lately. and now I fuck it up even more today. I have no fucking clue what I'm going to do. If i take your advice ill just tell them straight up ill fail the drug test and i wont be coming back. I had to go part time at my job recently because of my issues. I'm trying get my life back together and was doing alright until now. I was just trying to have fun I'm not addicted to any of this shit. I was making progress, planning on going back to college, get a different job, bunch of other stuff but i completely fucked myself. Yeah you all probably think i'm some pussy little bitch but i've had a traumatic life and cried the whole time writing this post. I have no idea what to do now. took 5 long months to get this far hose with my doctor/psychologist and I fuck it up perfectly. Now i wont get a minute of sleep tonight because I wont be able to stop thinking about this.

Last edited:
The worst they can do for you is help you with your problems. From your last post I see that your problem isn't drug use, but rather latent mental issues. You may need a higher level of therapy than you are receiving. Meth doesn't stay in your system long, but marijuana does. I would suggest just taking the test and letting the cards fall where they will. Any doctor that sees you need help and discharges you instead of offering it should have their license revoked. If this doctor discharges you I would suggest finding a different one.

The problem is klonopin is the only medicine that has helped and hes no longer going to prescribe it to me most likely. And i have such bad anxiety idk if i could go back there even. Ive never felt this bad. I screwed myself over and its probly going to prevent me from going back to school this fall. so i feel like i just wasted an entire fucking year of my life. I dont even know if i could talk to my pyschologist. I was honestly about to call the suicide hotline tonight i feel so horrible. I've been crying all night long and now im back to my dead end job and just might have a meltdown. he referred me to a psychiatrist but he said itll take like 5 months. to get in.

Ok so first breathe. I've been in dire straights too and was at the jumping off point more than once but you have options still: consider going to your family doctor and getting referred to a psych doc that can see you sooner even if it's a long drive to get there. Consider rehab where there is a good detox program. For me it helped me cope when my supply was gone and it helped me connect with others in the same boat. While clonazepam was my miracle drug too for panic attacks and anxiety I was able to manage for a while after detoxing. It's not easy but it's comforting to know it's possible. I totally understand that backed into a corner feeling and hate when I have to choose between being honest or being treated adequately. Two days ago my new psych doc that I waited months to get a referral for and then get an appointment for flat out said he will never prescribe me benzos because of my drug history because the DEA would be all over him if he did despite being on Xanax from the referring doctor. To me that's like telling a diabetic they can't have insulin because they used to like chocolate. Just hang in there and tell yourself that no matter which way it goes worrying won't change what will happen and there is a good reason for it. Maybe things will work out and the lesson is learned the easy way. Or maybe in the long run you'll gain valuable self worth for overcoming the challenge of finding a new doctor or treatment.

So yesterday(Friday) I got the call for my psychiatrist. And set an appointment about a month from now. I still haven't talked to my GP nurse yet about the drug test I didn't take. I'm worried I might fail the drug test for multiple substances, weed, and meth. Can I decline to take the drug test? If I do take the drug test and fail can that clinic tell my psychiatrist? The only thing my GP knows is I smoke weed on occasion. The reason I'm panicking so hard right now is this is the first time I've done meth and I've been bingeing on it pretty hard.

I'd take the drug test at some point. If the receptionist said within thirty days and your next appointment is after that then push it close to that mark because weed takes a long time to get out of your system. Meth not so much depending on how much and how often you do it-typically 3-5 days. It clears fastest of most substances in my experience. Quality matters too. As far as doctors sharing info it depends on where you are and the system they use. Some have connections through a network like the local hospital or if the offices are under the same parent organization. If they are small private practices and you don't live in a super small town I'd bet on you being fine in that regard. Hope that helps and that you feel a little more at ease today!

I was supposed to take the drug test that day. I was lucky the receptionist made a mistake. I will call my clinic on monday and ask if I can take the test before my psychologist appt. on wednesday. I bought some drug tests and i will be taking them in/for the next few days. I just feel guilty about what I did. I'm more nervous of going back there and calling the clinic back than actually failing the test. The only reason I feel a little better is because i was not expecting getting into the psychiatrist so soon. I guess my biggest worry right now is returning the phone call to my clinic, and what is going to happen.

It's easy enough to say you didn't get the message or don't check voicemails. I'm glad you feel a little better. I know what that kinda of worry and dread of confrontation is like...recently too. Being polite, nice, etc. goes a long way. I even thanked a doctor who caught me saying that I appreciated his concern and by some miracle I got a second chance....until I screwed that up too in record time. Go in confident. Acting worried is a red flag. I would tell myself "oh well they aren't telling me something I don't already know and I can't undo what I did" you are looking at the possibility of having to find another doctor but not prison. Whatever happens you still saw it coming, right? So you can start preparing now-get what you need to contend with symptoms (everything from OTC meds/prescription meds, to music and coloring books to keep you distracted). You will be glad you did believe me! Stock up on water with electrolytes and cook food like stews in advance for quick zapping. Put in for a few days off if you can or save what you can to detox on your weekend. It's better to be prepared and find out everything worked out than to not be set to weather the storm ya know. Don't beat yourself up. Addiction wouldn't be addiction if we didn't make mistakes. So you made a mistake. So have I many many times in bad bad ways worse than failed tests and dodging doctors and their staff. Ask yourself why you did what you did, if given an opportunity to use again would you partake, and who can you confide in to get it off your chest (bl is amazing for that but a tangible person eye to eye is helpful). Just be honest with yourself and know even straight sober people who never used a day in their life still do things that they regret. To err is human. Self acceptance is the key to getting back on track and you can't accept yourself and hate yourself at the same time. Focus on what is going right now not what you did wrong yesterday.

So yesterday(Friday) I'm worried I might fail the drug test for multiple substances, weed, and meth. Can I decline to take the drug test?
You can decline to take it, but be ready for the possible repercussions. It seems like your ordeal is not with the clinic, but your unwillingness to cooperate with them and stop using illicit drugs. Sorry to sound harsh but putting them off is only going to make things worse.