• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Oral Mimosa bark powder orally without an IMAO?

polidelaiko

Bluelighter
I was reading about Vino de Jurema, it says that The Indians drank jurema wine by pulverizing 25 to 35 grams of the root bark and beating it with seasonal water. After two hours of maceration, they drank it filtered and without any mixture. Ott has found that within 20 minutes a DMT-like visionary effect is noted for 2 hours (Ott 2004).
Vino de Jurema text (in spanish)
Anyone tried this? Does it work? If it does, is it because of an IMAO in the jurema, or other triptamines that are active orally?

I have often wondered this too as I also read that in an Ott book. Dale Pendel also has a recipe in Pharmako Gnosis and has a dosage recommendation but no write ups on if it works. I have also read in a release of The Entheogen Review (we were talking about that in another thread) that someone tried it with a few people with no luck in getting effects.

So yes excellent question. It would be wonderful if a person with first hand experience that had it work would post. Not sure we are going to get that. I myself have never tried.

I always raise my eyebrows at "the indians noticed a dmt flash". Really? You really think indians have nothing better to do than sit drinking piss weak utterly, monstrously vile, tasting "wine" for a fucking dmt flash? Sorry but I want to see these hippy dropout "indians" smoking doobies in the back of the econoline van.