View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Oral Ketamine

EphemeralOutlet141

Bluelight Crew
I tried insufflation, but it honestly causes me enough pain to the point that it's hard to enjoy the effects themselves. Watery eyes, nasty drip, burning throat and nostrils, not fun.

I understand that oral and sublingual use are considered the least efficient method, but I have enough K for that to not really be an issue. Some people argue that Ketamine is broken down differently in the stomach into something that has no psychedelic properties. I've also heard that adding something acidic helps this.

I can't seem to get a straight answer from any of my searches. Can anyone help me out? Is there a good method for oral use?

Adding something acidic probably doesn't help, not in the stomach but in the liver ketamine is demethylated to norketamine. It happens a lot more due to first pass metabolism where much of the drug goes to the liver straight from the gastrointestinal tract via the portal vein, instead of going to the brain to act as with parenteral administration. Then, of course, everything eventually gets recirculated if not filtered out in the kidneys. Norket isn't really quite as psychoactive but it does produce a body high of sorts I think.

Only thing I can think of that something acidic or alkaline makes a difference with is at what point the pylorus passes on stomach contents to the intestines - that is regulated partially by pH apart from I think certain nutrient concentrations. Eating K on a full stomach definitely doesn't help absorption but possibly eating it with the right dissolved nutrients can convince the stomach port to wait a little before passing on the K.

You are right: oral and sublingual use would be the least efficient. With the related drug MXE I can do sublingual which is actually pretty great, but with ketamine the doses needed are higher. Still that should be a little better than oral but for it to be significantly better you would need to let it sit there under your tongue for quite some time which also does not seem ideal if you are very sensitive.

K is not actually a local anaesthetic so it won't necessarily numb the nerves where you apply it I think, but may still interrupt nervous signals and most of all may distort your proprioception. In my experience insufflation really isn't that bad as long as it's good material, and you really do have to crush it with say a bank card when it's microcrystalline otherwise it is rougher.

For very heavy use it's terrible on the nose, if you want a very effective trip / hole the best are still insufflation and aiming for strong enough effects that your nose feelings won't matter, or plugging it or intramuscular injection (this last one does not produce a rush like IV which I've never done but is apart from that one of the most effective ones. Quick comeup tho, few minutes.. Hardly more addictive than snorting it either IMO, but needle fetishes are a thing just like the ACT of smoking something is).

Methods for oral use? You just swallow some of course, whether dissolved in a liquid (fastest absorption I guess), or bombed in rizla or tissue paper or in capsules. Expect the experience to be more body oriented due to the norketamine which is produced even before the K starts acting, but levels increase similar to the hangovery feelings from acetaldehyde produced from alcohol. Also adjust your dosages. And expect the tail of the trip to be much longer since norketamine takes a LOT longer to clear from the body.

I would not make a habit out of this since the doses needed are significantly higher and the more you ingest regardless of the intensity of your trips, the harder it is on the bladder which can get scarred.

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ketamine/ketamine_dose.shtml

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...with-the-Holey-Spirit?p=10204518#post10204518

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=351462

Man, K is the greatest..

Last edited:
You will need a lot more material orally, somewhere around 5 times as much as insufflated.

Did it once, although i've never been rich, and took enough for a full immersion: i actually found it more enjoyable, it came from deep inside, pervading every cell and metacell of my entire being. I was hungry for a psychedelic experience, and this felt like a wholesome meal, whereas insufflation felt more like a quick sandwich.

As Solipsis said, you will have much more metabolites to process that way, so it probably isn't the healthiest ROA if you are at all considering regular use...

Hmmm I would be interested for anyone with experience to draw comparisons between such an oral K trip you describe mozaik, with 4-MeO-PCP... something tells me that it would be alike in ways.

Thanks for that wealth of info Solipsis. I could split my dose into part oral and part insufflated and see where that gets me. I'm glad I have enough of this to experiment with!

Also I really like your description of your experience Mozaik.

I've always heard that oral ketamine is actually a great trip, just wasteful of material. Someone I was talking to told me it's his favorite ROA in terms of the effects.

If you eat grapefruit and boiled coffee for the entire 24 hours prior the furanocoumarins and cafestol and may prevent conversion to norketamine in stomach and so get you a better trip.

I've always heard that oral ketamine is actually a great trip, just wasteful of material. Someone I was talking to told me it's his favorite ROA in terms of the effects.

I've seen a few people swear by it during my research on the topic. I'm gonna give it a try tonight.

I've heard that oral ketamine produces far less psychedelic effects but I have heard very few reports of people using ketamine orally.
Honestly even ketamine drips cause me stomach discomfort, I couldn't imagine throwing 500mg of it down the hatch

I tried insufflation, but it honestly causes me enough pain to the point that it's hard to enjoy the effects themselves. Watery eyes, nasty drip, burning throat and nostrils, not fun.

In my experience, pure ketamine shouldn't be that bad. Maybe it's cut or maybe it's not ketamine at all?

If you're not sure it's pure ketamine, then I'd say it's pretty ill adviced to eat ½ a gram of the stuff.

Did you crush up the crystals properly?

In my experience, pure ketamine shouldn't be that bad. Maybe it's cut or maybe it's not ketamine at all?

If you're not sure it's pure ketamine, then I'd say it's pretty ill adviced to eat ½ a gram of the stuff.

Did you crush up the crystals properly?

It's most definitely cut.

True, pure ketamine stings a little just for a few seconds, nothing to even make my eyes water.

After a little quality testing I've learned that my product is basically shit. I took a K-Hole dose and only got a mild body buzz. My guy just lost a return customer....

I plan on using iso alcohol to separate the salt from the real Ket.

oral ketamine is a very nice experience, 500-750mg is probably the range depending on tolerance
it is more psychedelic, i.e. closer to traditional psychedelics, in the way that DXM can be
I did it more than once in the days of plentiful and very cheap K, wasteful of course but at $.../g who cared
second some of the health concerns mentioned above though especially if overdone