• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Optimal potentiating (bupe, k-pin, lyrica, vistoril)

GMoney72316

Greenlighter
I am trying to find the best order and appropriate timing (as well as optimal routes of administration) to achieve max potentiation and get the most bang for my buck. Some things to keep in mind:

- an asterisk (*) indicates that the listed medication is subject to random counts, so I am strictly limited to my daily allotment.

-I am including a list of over the counter meds I have that are known to potentiate, but I am open to suggestions of additional OTC meds to add to the mix

-I am open to ROAs other than the ones listed for each med (for example, I hear Clonazepam can be more effective if crushed and placed under the tongue). However, I am not willing to consider intravenous as an acceptable ROA. I am recently divorced from a shitty 3 year marriage to the needle and am uninterested in rekindling that affair.

Moving on...

I am prescribed the following medication:

(Medication - dose, form x daily allotment)
*Buprenorphine - 8mg, sublingual tablet x 2
*Lyrica - 100mg, capsule x 3
*Clonazepam - 0.5mg, tablet x 1
*Hydroxyzine - 50mg, capsule x 3
Tizanidine - 4mg, tablet x 3
Doxepin - 50mg, capsule x 1

OTC meds/supplements on hand are:

Generic Tagamet
St. Johns Wort

So, using a formula like the example below, whats my best bet?

Take A (orally), B (orally), C (orally)
Wait X amount of time
Take D (orally)
Wait X amount of time
Take E (crushed, sublingually), F (snorted)

Knowing myself, its probably a good thing that I have barriers to using more than a days worth at a time, however, such a limit behooves me to find out a specific way to maximize every bit of each med.

Thanks!

snorting lyrica works really well, and despite being a lot of powder....it is the smoothest thing i've ever snorted, feels like snorting air.

i don't know if DXM is compatable with all that other stuff so you should surely check (may be a problem with the doxepin)

but 100 mg of dxm 45 min before your bupe will defintely add to it

also 2mg of bupe will be stronger than 4-8 mg of bupe due to the bupe/norbupe ratio being lower with the 2mg dosage

Thank you. I hadn't thought to include DXM in the mix. Assuming it is safe with Doxepin (btw, the doxepin actually adds quite the kick to the Lyrica), I will include it tomorrow. This is how I have now started doing it...

Take Lyrica (half), Doxepin, Hydroxyzine, Tizanidine, Valerian (added that in yesterday), St. John's Wart, and Tagamet (crushed or atleast in a pieces).

45 min later

Lyrica (2nd half, sniffed), take half of sub sublingually.

15-20 min later

Take K-pin sublingually, sniff other half of sub.

Its been working, but I definitely feel like it could/should do more. I just badly want to maximize this because I have no desire to buy a drug off the street again. I just restarted the k-pins, so I have no tolerance, my sub tolerance is solid though...16mg in one dose everyday for while now.

You think even with a 6 month course of 16mg of bupe everyday that 2mg is what I should do? Also should I Sniff the bupe or sublingually take it.

I weigh 300 pounds btw, if that affects the bupe stuff at all.

Sorry, one more question. I would like to avoid alcohol, but would consider adding up to 100ml of 80 proof if the difference it would make is worth it. You think a couple shooters would make a tangible difference?

I am not a doctor but I don't think you should mix all of those drugs and supplements, or drink alcohol while on them. Stay safe.

I tried it with about 90mg dxm (6 15mg gel caps), plus I threw a little kava extract oral solution in...nothing is working...

To be clear, I'm not trying to fucked out of my mind or anything, I just want my medication to do what it should do for my various ailments and symptoms. I have narcolepsy, which can (and for me, does) manifest as chronic insomnia at night and excessive day time drowsiness. The day time drowiness is just something I deal with, as dextroamphetamine (the normal treatment) is a bad idea for me. The drowiness though, is often triggered by feelings of anxiety.

My buprenorphine does exactly what I want it to do, keep away opiate cravings and withdrawals, and help with my chronic pain (-4 spinal fractures. -Deformity in thighs from muscle tissue displacement after degloving from the bone. -Total destruction of ligaments in left hip...my hip grinds when I walk.)

I also have severe nerve damage/pain in my thighs, back, and neck...Lyrica helps this A LOT, and thank God for that.

Where I am struggling is PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder, and the narcolepsy and their related symptoms (insomnia, anxiety, mild panic attacks, anxiety triggered excessive daytime drowsiness and cataplexy, night terrors...this is where trying to potentiate the clonazepam comes in. Hydroxyzine helped the for a few weeks when I started it 6 months ago, but it does nothing now. The Lyrica and Buprenorphine used to help me sleep at night, but no longer do.

The clonazepam was only added less than two weeks ago, but largely has been ineffective despite NO tolerance. I'm sure the small dose (0.5mg) mixed with me being 300 pounds doesn't help, but I thought if I could potentiate it and/or the Lyrica and Buprenorphine, I could hopefully atleast sleep.

I guess at this point, I'm looking for one or both of two suggestions...

1.) How can I best potentiate (explain in great detail...see original post) the clonazepam, lyrica, and buprenorphine on top of what I have already mentioned (DXM, Kava Kava, Valerian, Tagamet, St. John's Wart...I know thats a lot already, but even all that is not working.)

2.) I have an appointment on Friday, keeping in my that my Doc said he won't do xanax/alprazolam, what benzo(s) could I ask him for to best help with daytime anxiety (without fucking me up) and nighttime anxiety/insomnia (can fuck me up, but doesn't have to. I was thinking, based on a lot of what I have researched/read, I might ask him if I could drop the hydroxyzine, lower my buprenorphine from 16mg to 12mg or 8mg (I don't take more than 8mg in a day that often anyway), drop the clonazepam, and add 1mg of ativan x2 daily and 30mg of temazepam at bedtime. I know those doses may seem like a big jump to ask for from 0.5mg of clonazepam, but A.) Weighing 300 pounds has to figure into my needing a higher dose, and B.) I figure if I aim higher than I think he'll go, that maybe I can get him in the middle, like 0.5 ativan x2 and 15mg of temazepam at bedtime.

Anyways, if y'all have any suggestions on more/better potentiators for Clonazepam, Lyrica, and Bupe, or suggestions on better benzo combos for daytime anxiety and nighttime anxiety/insomnia and how to approach my doctor about it, I would appreciate it. I'm really not trying to get high or anything (benzos never made me feel high anyway), I'm going to meetings, working a program, in sober living (they are aware of my conditions and medications)....I just want my medication to work the best it can, and in particular I need my anxiety and sleep medication to be working waaaaaaay better.

Thanks guys!

(Sorry about writing a book...I'm detail oriented.)