View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Opium & Salvia Divinorum

Ektor

Bluelighter
Have any of you ever tried a combination of opium and salvia divinorum?
i'm curious bout what would be the effects of such a combo. They both act on opioid receptors, Opium activating mu and a little delta, Salvia working on kappa so i am wandering if there could be some kind of synergy. I also noted that the physical effects of salvia resemble a little those of opiate withdrawal so maybe mixing them could do something interesting. Maybe salvia could even accelerate the opium withdrawal process, by possibly making it shorter and somehow intensified, it could also help with the mindset creating an inspiring and psychedelic push to go on in the withdrawal process. Even Iboga, that is used to help with opiate detox is also a kappa agonist, so there could be some relation.
Please post every kind of experience involving salvia and opium, opium withdrawals or other opiates!!!

Do you have any interesting story? TELL US!!!!!!!

thanks to you all people!!!!

I find that Salvia has anti-addictive qualities as well.

I once smoked Salvia after taking percocet (an opioid). It was one of my rare actually pleasant Salvia experiences. There was a sensation of Plenty, richness, vast fields of it in my visual field.

thank you so much RhythmSpring, your reaction was what i suspected. Mu agonism should somehow prevent kappa agonism's dysphoria, thereby providing a more positive experience. Did precocet somehow dumped psychedelic effects of sally? cause for me opiates usually diminish insights and mind expanding effect of classical psychedelics and NMDA-antagonist dissociatives, was this the case?

Any other experience from someone??

I'm still curious about this combination and if anyone has any other experiences I'd love to hear them.

I'm still curious about this combination and if anyone has any other experiences I'd love to hear them.

I know this is an old thread but a new question. :) I have commented on this combination some years back. I was nodding on poppy tea which is basically opium and I decided to blast off on Salvia. The main takeaways were the nodding, to Salvia trip back to nodding. Here is what left me with an impression. When I nod on an opiate I get those little whisperings in my ear, almost like there is a lot of activity in dreamland, conversations I think I hear and they fade quickly. Salvia does something similar that I attribute to possible Kappa receptor activation. I came right out of Salvia dreamland back into nodding dreamland and there was a sequence that did not break up at all. Like both drugs hit a common area in some ways.

I think there is a lot to learn about Kappa activation. (generalizing here, I am not a chemistry guy so I'll keep it basic) The fact that Salvia is considered to have effects at that area is pretty interesting. I think Salvia does have some pain killing properties at some level too. One time I was holding in my Salvia hit as I was starting to trip. Well I could have sat there forever without breathing holding the hit in and it felt fine. Like I was outside my body somehow. I didn't want to chance it and I decided to blow the hit out and breath. But I am sure I held in at least a minute and could have kept going comfortably. I did not need to breath, or at least consciously. I will never forget that.

Done it with kratom many times, not as dramatic or at all as compared to opium. Salvia steamrolls the kratom.

Last edited: