• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opium poppies

Harveysnow

Bluelighter
Hey guys, so im a daily poppy pod tea user. And I'm just wondering. Is it possible to get a good yield of pods/opium if I grow say 30-40 plants? I live in northern California up in the mountains. Soo space isn't a problem. I got thousands and thousands of acres of woods all around me. My goal is to be able to sustain my opiate habit threw most of, if not all of the year. How many plants do I need to grow? What's the average amount of pods on each plant? I've already got seeds. I have Afghan pink , Persian whites and tazzies. Any tips or advice is highly appreciated yall.

I lived in Northern California for a few years myself in the humboldt county area and worked on the weed farms up there. I knew of some weed farmers who grew poppies for fun so I know it’s possible and the climate is good for it. As far as yield and how to do it properly I can’t help you with that. Good luck, I would love to do the same some day.

There many variables in this equation. Poppies seem to produce something like 2-12 pods per plant, and alkaloid content can vary. Then of course there is your tolerance/desired # pods per day.

When i was a pod user i used to have dreams of waking up in a field of poppies. My usage was about 8 dried pods a day. Thats easily 300-600 plants/year perhaps. You'll need quite abit of space for that, not to mention gardening skills.

And, you'll need to keep away both actual rats from eating your crops as well human rats from alerting the authorities. A year supply could probably be grown on 1/4th of an acre i would imagine. But it's alot of work, but probably worth it. That said, poppy pods have a pretty awful withdrawal syndrome so watch out.

I've been using poppy seed tea on and off for a long time, I am always looking at the state of the seeds. Greyish colour have been washed and not good for doing tea.
The best quality seeds are sourced from Australia (Tasmania) and are dark black as opposed to greyish, onto the pods if you have a good batch just empty shaken seeds in the garden and you will see sprouts in no time. Here in Australia Tasmanian seeds are the best as they grow them down there for the pharmaceutical mob. Always going to be a hit or miss however with a mad batch of seeds you will have the poppys you are seeking, be careful with this shit as it can be useless but also with the right seed be as potent as fentanyl. Last harvest I did wity poppy garden was well worth the wait! The pods vs the seeds are much different the pods completely fucked me up so be careful to not over do it, my best advice on this topic would be light yellow is the weak brew the darker the tea the more potent. Point being is look for Australian seed, never buy them from a grocery store or an Asian/Indian type of place. Go to a wholesale place check the quality and after you've brewed a tea throw washed seeds in the garden and you will have your opium poppys in no time. Just remember that it's never a uniform consinsticy unless you have a good look at the seeds. What you are looking for are the darkest ones and straight up ask where they have sourced them... If they say Australia you have a winner.
Best of luck with this and don't jump in the deep end straight away.

There many variables in this equation. Poppies seem to produce something like 2-12 pods per plant, and alkaloid content can vary. Then of course there is your tolerance/desired # pods per day.

When i was a pod user i used to have dreams of waking up in a field of poppies. My usage was about 8 dried pods a day. Thats easily 300-600 plants/year perhaps. You'll need quite abit of space for that, not to mention gardening skills.

And, you'll need to keep away both actual rats from eating your crops as well human rats from alerting the authorities. A year supply could probably be grown on 1/4th of an acre i would imagine. But it's alot of work, but probably worth it. That said, poppy pods have a pretty awful withdrawal syndrome so watch out.
Ok thanks, that answered alota my questions. But yeah like I said I live up in the mountains in northern cali, so I have alota places I can plant out in the woods. Nice hillsides and meadows . Do they grow pretty easy ? Can I jus toss handfuls of seeds out in a meadow? I grow cannabis, can't be too much harder. Nd yeah I'm aware of the drawls.. they suck. But there's worse opiates I could be using so that's a plus.

I lived in Northern California for a few years myself in the humboldt county area and worked on the weed farms up there. I knew of some weed farmers who grew poppies for fun so I know it’s possible and the climate is good for it. As far as yield and how to do it properly I can’t help you with that. Good luck, I would love to do the same some day.
Thank you!

I've been using poppy seed tea on and off for a long time, I am always looking at the state of the seeds. Greyish colour have been washed and not good for doing tea.
The best quality seeds are sourced from Australia (Tasmania) and are dark black as opposed to greyish, onto the pods if you have a good batch just empty shaken seeds in the garden and you will see sprouts in no time. Here in Australia Tasmanian seeds are the best as they grow them down there for the pharmaceutical mob. Always going to be a hit or miss however with a mad batch of seeds you will have the poppys you are seeking, be careful with this shit as it can be useless but also with the right seed be as potent as fentanyl. Last harvest I did wity poppy garden was well worth the wait! The pods vs the seeds are much different the pods completely fucked me up so be careful to not over do it, my best advice on this topic would be light yellow is the weak brew the darker the tea the more potent. Point being is look for Australian seed, never buy them from a grocery store or an Asian/Indian type of place. Go to a wholesale place check the quality and after you've brewed a tea throw washed seeds in the garden and you will have your opium poppys in no time. Just remember that it's never a uniform consinsticy unless you have a good look at the seeds. What you are looking for are the darkest ones and straight up ask where they have sourced them... If they say Australia you have a winner.
How do you tell which poppies have the highest alkaloid content?

How do you tell which poppies have the highest alkaloid content?
From my hits and misses I have a good system where I will first talk to a sales rep, ask if I can see the pallet (which has not been a problem) and basically go through the bags until I get the most black bags which is a good sign that they have been poorly washed, make sure that they are able to tell you where they source em. Tasmanian seeds are what you want anything from out of Australia is good but still hit and miss don't bother with anything from overseas either. The Tassie ones are grown there for opium that then gets converted into pharmaceutical opiates. The darker the seed the better and I can't quite remember the Latin classification however I am confident that I am correct in the fact that Tasmania seeds are the best I have had and I have been doing this for over 10 years now... Avoid anything that is a greyish colour. So to the best of my knowledge the highest yield is from unwashed Tasmanian seed, also after prepared tea can be used then throw washed seeds in the garden, the pods are way more potent so be careful as folk have overdose by drinking and the quality of the brew is gauged by the colour, light yellow, not too good, brew coming out dark and brown is the good shit.

I usually just make tea out of the pods nd save the seeds for planting. 3-4 pods get me feeling good.

He's talking about pod tea not seed tea however.

I only used to use the pods, and assumed the seeds were very weak. In fact I used to dump the seeds from my pods because i thought they were worthless. Only years later did I find out poppy seed tea worked suprisingly well. The high is different than pod tea being slower acting and longer lasting. It is very nice. The main draw back is that it seems to cause significantly more nausea than pod tea due to the higher level of oils and noxious poppy alkaloids (thebaine etc). Nice high though.

As far as growing them, it can be tricky. Sometimes you can just throw the seeds but generally not. Youl'll need to look up a poppy growing guide.

I only used to use the pods, and assumed the seeds were very weak. In fact I used to dump the seeds from my pods because i thought they were worthless. Only years later did I find out poppy seed tea worked suprisingly well. The high is different than pod tea being slower acting and longer lasting. It is very nice. The main draw back is that it seems to cause significantly more nausea than pod tea due to the higher level of oils and noxious poppy alkaloids (thebaine etc). Nice high though.

As far as growing them, it can be tricky. Sometimes you can just throw the seeds but generally not. Youl'll need to look up a poppy growing guide.
never tried poppy tea or it period is it the same feeling youde get from pain pills? also id think it would be very expensive since most opiate users just get pills heroin/ect

Yes!! I noticed the difference you are talking about. The best way for me to describe it , is the high from pods feel very clean. Drinking seed tea almost gives me the feeling as if I popped a few hydrocodone, kinda stimulated but euphoricat the same time.

never tried poppy tea or it period is it the same feeling youde get from pain pills? also id think it would be very expensive since most opiate users just get pills heroin/ect
Pretty much the same shit, but the difference with poppy pod tea, id is the high is much cleaner than pills. Also has a very very long half life.. the walls of the pod contain a fairly good amount of morphine and some codeine. Its actually not that expensive compared to a heroin habit.. (depending on tolerance ofcouse)

Last edited:
Yes!! I noticed the difference you are talking about. The best way for me to describe it , is the high from pods feel very clean. Drinking seed tea almost gives me the feeling as if I popped a few hydrocodone, kinda stimulated but euphoricat the same time.

Yeah seeds are very stimulating compared to the pods. I usually cant sleep well during the night after drinking poppy seed tea. It is a dirty high but still pretty nice. I prefer pods but they are difficult to come by.

how does PST / PPT compare to classic opium? Would laudanum tincture produce a different high than tea considering the solvent, duration of extraction and temperature?

Pretty much the same shit, but the difference with poppy pod tea, id is the high is much cleaner than pills. Also has a very very long half life.. the walls of the pod contain a fairly good amount of morphine and some codeine. Its actually not that expensive compared to a heroin habit.. (depending on tolerance ofcouse)
so why dont people just do poppy then?

Yeah seeds are very stimulating compared to the pods. I usually cant sleep well during the night after drinking poppy seed tea. It is a dirty high but still pretty nice. I prefer pods but they are difficult to come by.
I just got a 1Lb batch of pods in today. Should hold me over for a few week or so.

how does PST / PPT compare to classic opium? Would laudanum tincture produce a different high than tea considering the solvent, duration of extraction and temperature?
I've never had opium. I'm growing some tho, so I will be trying it very soon.. il do a trip report in a month or so when I try it