• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opium OD advice

Boga12

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new here and lookig for some advice on a past experience.
Previously I was smoking some PST resin and I had two unfavourable experiences in doing so.
The first time I had just woken from a wicked opium experience and wanted to get right back there as soon as I was back. I started smoking a laced cigarette i prepared and decided i wanted to smoke it in quarters at a time.
So I smoked the first quarter and waited for around 4.5 minutes with no real effects present at that time. I then started smoking the cigarette again, and was just enjoying the nice chocolatey taste so much. When i stopped i noticed there was probably only a third of the cigarette left and I felt foolish but wasn't too concerned.
It was over two years ago so im a bit confused on what happened next but my best account says I felt a near instant rush just as i put down the cigarette. A rush that would surely get me to where I was hoping for. Simultaniously i also wonderred was this a delayed come up from the first quarter over 5 minutes later or is it from what I've smokes just now. But there was no signals of a rush in those 5 minutes I waited not even a buzz.
Anyway I prepared for a nod and waited for what was to come.
On my bed I lay and wait and it hit hard; Huge euphoria, i felt my brain *laughing out loud* as I plunged into the depths. Now asleep it was very blurry, I was very distant from myself and an amount of time passed.
I then woke from the near darkness and felt like I had just started my day a new, like walking up in the morning. Although i figured I went too deep and was quick to find something else to do to take my mind off the near loss of control I had just experienced.
I hadn't smoked for a month until the next time. I decided it was time to revisit as I was in need of some down time.
This time i drank some of the tea while i was evaporating the rest of the tea. I figured it would be advantagious to have a baseline high to work off in order to find the peaks. It was a very modest amount. Maybe 100g or so worth of generic seeds, very baseline.
I started smokimg when it was all prepped a while later. This time from a bong bcos i was short of dollars and I live in a country where tobacco is taxed heavily and I was between work. So i opted for the bong, I am aware that bongs are not recommended for opium smoking but I had done it previously with great success.
So now I was smoking away taking my time, until i started getting something good. I layed down and waited well past 5 mins and was getting nothing more than the initial rush. This time i got a big pea size pearler and placed it in the cone, with the intention to light up one side of the pea and work my way with the flame through the rest incrimentally. The ball started glowing red hot and I was getting cloud production. I cleared the bong and exhaled, bellowing a huge cloud... Too big.
I observed the ball and prodded at it with my lighter and noticed the whole thing was charred through. How did that just happen, i asked myself. It only seemed to be partially red hot but now I know that the whole thing went up and only the outside *crust* was not red.
I waited, dreading what would happen, And it happened.
An intense rush enough to put me off balance and cause disorientation. I was sweating from fear or from the opium. My whole body shook like an electric shock. I could do nothing but work my way to my bed. My legs were weak but I got into my laying possition. At this point only a minute ago had I smoked the whole pea.
My ears began to ring loudly it was all i could hear. There was no euphoria this time just nervous electrifying shock. Within a few seconds I was gone.
Then empty space. Pitch black, like the deepest of dreams you aren't even aware of.
An amount of time passed and I was back, my head was buzzing along with my ears. That feeling passed throughout the minutes. I was alive and thats all that mattered to me and I continued my day, though a bit disheartened from that experience.

Thanks for reading. Is this something to be worried about? Are non fatal overdoses like this a concern? does anyone have knowledge or experience on this topic. 2 years later and the anxiety from the experience still haunts my existence every day. I worry about my cognitive level, if I caused any damage. I havent felt nearly as sharp as I used to. But I was also previously a long term benzo user of alprazolam 1-2mg daily for a few years and i know that can cause cognitive deficit.
Thanks again.