• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Opioids -- Loperamide City, Destination for Whom?

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
I have been looking at the media articles about loperamide that have come out recently, as I have done I the past, to compare with Kratom, various other herbal remedies, tianeptine, diphenoxylate and difenoxin, clonidine, codeine, dextropropoxyphene, meptazinol, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, benzodiazepines, carisoprodol, poppy seeds, gabapentinoids, dextromethorphan, and other self-detox tools and I am seeing even more than in the past that start right out with the claim that people seek out loperamide to get high . . . do people really do that? How many? There are reasons I think it is not many. People can read all sorts of things on Bluelight about how dangerous this kind of thing is.

Cardiotoxicity is the main issue and it can present problems quickly. Like other 4-phenylpiperidine opioids like pethidine and the prodines, loperamide also has at least moderately neurotoxic metabolites, myoclonus being a common effect of them. Deaths from direct loperamide overdose have also been reported, ten or so since 1985, perhaps more now . . .

Like the other self-help tools in question, the idea behind trying to get rid of them in the USA is so that people have to go to the gangsters who run rehabilitation clinics based on unscientific and cultic ideas and have a corrupt relationship with government and others and are pushing the theory of an "opioid cri$i$" to enrich themselves.

There actually is a way to use loperamide, and its relatives diphenoxylate and difenoxin, to reduce the misery and risk of dehydration associated with narcotic withdrawal, but the methods much more closely resemble the published instructions for using these medications. If people have discovered differing details, certainly post them to make this thread maximally useful to people trying to manage their opioid usage.

There are alternatives, of course -- one which does most or all of what is necessary involves poppy seeds and/or other parts of the plant ; the agent in question of course is whole opium in one form or another and specifically the phenathrene alkaloids thereof morphine and codeine. The seeds are unassailably legal and are discussed in a number of threads in this topic in greater detail. There has been a lot said about them on Bluelight in this sub board and others, of course,

Most recently, there were the threats made which which made quislings like Wal-Mart and Amazon.com management especially quick to bend over and remove "unwashed poppy seeds." Then there was FDA persecution of one seller of seeds with washing instructions on line and an essentially unenforceable law passed by Clowngress for the usual reasons. Sure some firms may try it, but their seeds are then useless for cooking and can potentially become unsaleable before leaving the factory. The morphine, codeine, and noscapine are what make the seeds tasty.

Given how easily Papaver Somniferum Linnaeus 1762 grows how many possible places, the fact that other Papaverales, some other poppies, and some other plants make (albeit a lot less) morphine and codeine &c, and the necessity of all sorts of poppy products from seeds to medicines to press cakes from processing to straw itself (exhausted or otherwise) for cattle to eat and all that means that since Harry Anslinger and the Federal Bureau of Narcotics were rebuffed by the courts in the 1930s when going after immigrant housewives using traditional Czech, Slovak, Croatian, Serbian, Polish, Hungarian and other such home remedy recipes in the Middle West and other places, the methods used for dealing with poppy-related issues are essentially obscurantist and centre more on disinformation and silence with occasional outrages like the above. There. of course, is the habitation potential, but not the cardiotoxicity and neurotoxic metabolites piling up.

If depression and anxiety are a big part of it, using loperamide to affect that directly is not a good strategy and could very well be biologically impossible; with this kind of thing, individual body chemistry also plays a large a part. Anything which impacts the levels of dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine and so on in particular can make one feel better in general, and there are actually all manner of drugs, including some antihistamines, beta blockers, alpha adrenergic agents of various types, catabolic steroids, sedatives and sleep aids, muscle relaxants, non-opioid centrally-acting analgesics, other analgesics, old antidepressants and many others which do this and researching it here and elsewhere can lead one to solutions which make things easier. Other possibilities in some places are the dopaminergic stimulants and weak, partial agonist, and agonist-antagonist narcotics under minimal or no control in some locales . . .

First generation anti-depressants, second-generation anti-depressants, atypicals like tianeptine can be useful to help detoxify, and a lot of these drugs have their own analgesic effects as well, as do chemically and structurally similar drugs which include muscle relaxants and antihistamines amongst so much else,.

Diphenoxylate is probably less cardiotoxic and certainly has more obvious narcotic effects than loperamide. Difenoxin is the active metabolite into which is it made in the liver. Loperamide has a rather large number of metabolites and it is these which cause the problems to a large extent. It is obvious that these drugs cross the blood-brain barrier in a large enough quantities and stay there long enough to have central opioid agonist effects, especially when people take them with herbs and medications to alter the metabolic profile to make this happen more.

For one thing, the incomplete cross-tolerance with almost all other opioids (and therefore, amongst other things, the near-certainty that no one is coming off a combined alphaprodine, norpethidine, piritramide, and normethadone habit) make it unnecessary to try some kind of equianalgesia calculation at the outset . . . the idea is to stop the diarrhoea and cramping and index the dose to attenuate other symptoms as they are caused by the same kind of receptors . . .

The cardiac issues include Torsade de Pointes and prolonged QT interval . . . if one has any history or family history of that kind of thing, one certainly should consult a physician before taking the stuff at all, and the medical profession will have better tools to be used for this purpose that should be available, all other things being equal.

So it is possible to start the experiment with it at four tablets, which is twice the usual loading dose, and a common starting dose for people who take it under doctors' care for Irritable Bowel Syndrome if they are also taking opioid agonists which are partially cross-tolerant with the loperamide-diphenoxylate 4-phenylpiperidines and all other centrally-acting anti-peristaltics aside from the pure anticholinergics, which are usually used alongside them rather than by themselves* -- other anti-diarrhoeals like bismuth subsalicylate use very different mechanisms and a some like kaolin and pectin are not even absorbed. If this is all done systematically, it is entirely possible to reach a 48-hour dosing interval for the loperamide after a few days because the half-life is so long and it does build up, and since it slows down the digestive tract it stays around longer anyways.

There may be some people trying to get high with loperamide but think of how many pethidine freaks you know and consider that is the main narcotic anything like loperamide for euphorigenisis, At any case there is probably a Darwinian mechanism at work to make that group very, very small, also, If people start eating huge amounts of loperamide, the worst of the worst cases end up in hospital very rapidly as four seconds of torsades de pointes puts the patient on the floor and all sorts of other things like not being able to focus the eyes and symptoms similar to atropine poisoning from loperamide's intrinsic anticholinergic effects supervene. Then there is the nausea of the loperamide, and gastric stasis vomiting, plus the pain of feeling like one's gut feels like a sewer pipe even before their heart feels like an alligator -- this pain becomes extreme in the case of a paralytic ileus, and the modest analgesia provided won't touch it . . .

Something I have yet to see mentioned, but which was something always part of the literature and warnings on bottle for things like DTO, paregoric, and remedies containing them or powdered opium usually in combination with attapulgite and tincture of belladonna, is the low to moderate risk that extreme and especially prolonged and repeated constipation puts one at for appendicitis.

---
* This is the group of antimuscarinics such as belladonna derivatives and tertiary amine/quaternary ammonium salt anticholinergics like dicycloverine -- and other drugs like this like trihexyphenidyl, orphenadrine, diphenhydramine, benztropine and other Big 16 anticholinergics will have side effects which do practically the same thing as well; to lesser extents, tricyclics and phenothiazines do the same thing.

Last edited:
A wonderful interlude and sublime encyclopaedic knowledge as usual.

Been in this game long enough to know ya keep some lope around to stop the suicidal rls, yawning and cold sweats, tried em all and that’ll do for me!!

I know that my pharmacy dished these out to me like candy when i was in wd one time, they didnt do too for me but i am on rather high-doses so theres that. But the claim that it out right has recreational potential is rather an oblivious claim perhaps for those naive with opiates ?

There was something I read at the beginning of research about loperamide that pointed to quinine, in the form of tonic water, I think it writer was using it to wash down whole black peppercorns and so forth, which also apparently allow the loperamide (or diphenoxylate) longer residence time in the CNS -- the loperamide-quinine-paracetamol combination for RLS many people swear by it . . .

There is an especially useful potentiator recipe here, actually two of them -- Just like pethidine, anileridine, and alphaprodine, and other narcotics of this synthetic family, loperamide/diphenoxylate/difenoxin can be significantly potentiated by promethazine, and then hydroxyzine, cycllzine, meclozine, or other piperazine antihistamines but especially the hydroxyzine, potentiate both the narcotic and the narcotic-promethazine mixture in way which does not duplicate so they are additive or synergistic . . . the technique is the basis of the fixed-combination drug Mepergan (pethidine and promethazine) and another one which I think is pethidine and Compazine, and also the tendency of obstetricians and oral surgeons to potentiate alphaprodine (Nisentil) and piminodine (Alvodine) with hydroxyzine . . .

There was something I read at the beginning of research about loperamide that pointed to quinine, in the form of tonic water, I think it writer was using it to wash down whole black peppercorns and so forth, which also apparently allow the loperamide (or diphenoxylate) longer residence time in the CNS -- the loperamide-quinine-paracetamol combination for RLS many people swear by it . . .

There is an especially useful potentiator recipe here, actually two of them -- Just like pethidine, anileridine, and alphaprodine, and other narcotics of this synthetic family, loperamide/diphenoxylate/difenoxin can be significantly potentiated by promethazine, and then hydroxyzine, cycllzine, meclozine, or other piperazine antihistamines but especially the hydroxyzine, potentiate both the narcotic and the narcotic-promethazine mixture in way which does not duplicate so they are additive or synergistic . . . the technique is the basis of the fixed-combination drug Mepergan (pethidine and promethazine) and another one which I think is pethidine and Compazine, and also the tendency of obstetricians and oral surgeons to potentiate alphaprodine (Nisentil) and piminodine (Alvodine) with hydroxyzine . . .
Are you ever going to share with bluelight the I.Q. enhancing drugs you take? Because theres times i feel like i could dolphin dive into that pile

If you study enough and you are passionate enough by the time you get to his age you could be that informed too

If you study enough and you are passionate enough by the time you get to his age you could be that informed too
He is a god tho, he is ageless just like the knowledge he holds :( no one'll ever amass such knowledge

All hail nicomorph

My smart drug must be the big M and variants thereof, as the following household tips illustrate:

Blue Velvet and variants is a special favourite . . .

So in the last couple of hours, it was Oxy (Scophedal) time -- I drank two cups of coffee with 400 mg of caffeine tablets, some oral oxymorphone as a preload, and a double dose of the Scophedal compound climbed up my spine like a raccoon climbing a tree, then it turned into a ball of euphoria and body load and started at the base of my spine, sped up the column until it hit the base of my skull and went pwoooboooom about 30 seconds ago and is spreading all over like melted chocolate -- and my head felt like it was in a small tornado for a moment . . .

Another sensation that tells one that it is going to be good is a sensation of pressure on the back of the neck, which I often get from hydromorphone + orphenadrine + tripelennamine, as well as ketombemidone, dextromoramide, and sometimes Scophedal and original Blue Velvet as well . .. . I have always wondered why this particular area is involved as such -- maybe that and the bottom of the spine and the other parts are involved in a kundalini kind of thing . . . Dilaudalini Yoga -- Vilan Acupuncture with a 25 gauge needle with narcotics &c in it . . . hehe heh heh TranscenDilly Mediatation

Just like the original 1928 Merck Scophedal patent and Dr Kirschner's lectures said, the mixture made very deep analgesia, profoundly intense euphoria, but concentration and memory is still intact heh heh heh . . .. . . . I have some nicotine sublingual tablets if my memory starts to get fuzzy

Also there is the whole thing of narcotic + anticholinergic combinations being very strong against nerve pain, it feels like the anticholinergics help the narcotics find the pain, and extra euphoria . . . even the Krokodil folks in Russia are not taking tropicamide with their smack or Krokodil for delirium -- it is for extra euphoria, and to help the mixture kill the pain that the nerve and tissue damage from Krokodil

Maybe narcotics mixed with antihistamines are nootropic. Even something full of hyoscine, which is makes it hard for a lot of people concentrate; some places, prostitutes smear it on their tits so they can rob clients -- it is known as dragon's breath, scopolamine &c . . . but on top of it being fairly conservative dose for medicinal reasons, I have essentially something like 20-30 de facto trip sitters right now so nothing untoward would like taking off my clothes and running around the square yelling about the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man or anything. . . but even the stimulating oxycodone makes me quiet and narcotics make people love everybody . . .

Back in the old days, it became clear that analgesia and euphoria were intertwined, and the following methods and experiments made it clear to me: Very early in treating the chronic pain, I would skip lunch and have codeine with cyclobenzaprine and naproxen wash it down with Sprite and some tonic water or a 346 mg quinine sulphate capsule and the euphoria would start to creep up on me and it was bitchin! Hydrocodone, with carisoprodol at night + orphenadrine + pseudoephedrine and caffeine during the day + naproxen washed down with a cold medicine with sodium bicarbonate, DXM, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine -- sustained euphoria for the afternoon, or fall asleep or go on the nod for 90 minutes and then wake up fucken high!

I know of some folks who answer telephones to do technical support and they mix oxycodone, hydrocodone, crank, and C-Jam and can fly through 10, 12, 15-hour shifts . . .

I pre-empted jet lag on 9 to 18-hour aeroplane flights with caffeine + methylphenidate + dextromoramide in some cases,
and Dexedrine plus oxycodone and orphenadrine and caffeine,
and also various strong stimulants including the above, Desoxyn, C-Jam, Captagon, Preludin plus Dor & Fours (codeine, DHC, hydrocodone, or thebacon plus glutethimide, and washed down on an empty stomach with seltzer)
Glutethimide with Oxycodone and Methylphenidate and Caffeine and Betamethasone were good when I had to walk a very long way

An alternative jet lag cure was that I pre-empted it by zonking myself out with meprobamate + hydromorphone + hydroxyzine,
or in a few cases I experimented with nitrazepam and levomethadone; ,
and also I had good results with methyprylon, ethchlorvynol or meprobamate plus levorphanol,
and in one case had nice results with phenazocine plus tripelennamine with trihexyphenidyl and secobarbitone (Reds) and then a good sized dose of phenmetrazine and methylphenidate and caffeine, plus oxycodone and a little Sexy Trihexy to wake up after landing . . .

Last edited:
dextromoramide,

I pre-empted jet lag on 9 to 18-hour aeroplane flights with caffeine + methylphenidate + dextromoramide in some cases,

As you are the sole individual ever mentioning having taken Dextromoramide.

How is it compared to other 'good' ones. Curious as h*ll about that one.

This is great information, @Nicomorphinist. Especially when I'm probably going to have to go through withdrawal from opium because my source was arrested yesterday and It's nearly impossible for me to find a good opium source.

Here in Istanbul, there is no methadone program; there is Suboxone program but it takes weeks to get accepted so I was thinking of using Loperamide for the first time in my life for this purpose.

I've read that Hydroxyzine potentiates the narcotic effects of Loperamide. So do we know anything regarding the doses of these medications that could help with a low dose opium (I'm guessing 50 mgs of morphine equal) withdrawal? I will have to use this combo but should I take them at the same time or Hydroxyzine before Loperamide? If this thing works, it will be a life saver for me.

Thanks

I also found this study(attached) that you may find interesting. I looked around for Loperamide, Hydroxyzine interaction and it seems like the risk/ severity of QTc prolongation can be increased when they are combined.

Sorry for the double post.

Attachments

• Loperamide.pdf
    239.2 KB · Views: 2