• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Opioid WD at home first time HELP

Dra1115

Greenlighter
I need help and advice. I've been a reader for a long while but this is my first post. I don't really know where to post this but I'm a little desperate so I'm just going to drop it here (please move if need be). I have been a very heavy user of opioids for 8 or 9 yrs on and off. Pills only. Currently approximately 150mg to 200mg hydrocodone daily. I'm DONE! I'm out of pills. I'm broke. I'm tired of all of it! I'm so sick of wondering where, when or how I'm going to get my next dose. Been thinking about stopping for a few months now. I just took my last dose 6hrs ago. I know what's coming but I've never really been more than 2 days into withdrawal by myself. The only time I went through them completely I was at a rehab facility and don't really remember much from those first few days. I must do this on my own, at home, without anyone around me (family) knowing what I'm going through. That's right. No one knows that I've relapsed and am taking pills again. Made it 8 months clean. This damn addiction sucks. The shame is unbearable. I'm completely functional and no one can tell when I'm "high". Can I do this on my own? Is it possible for me to do this cold turkey? Here's what I have available to me that I'v read in some of the threads that may be able to help me : gabapentin 300mg (250 capsules), Lyrica 75mg (50 capsules), immodium 2mg (however many I need to get), Soma 350mg (20 tabs). However, I have no idea how to best use these or in what combination, timing or order to best help me. I know it's going to be hard no matter what. But I'm determined to be done with this. I want to be free of these stupid f***ing pills so badly! Please please please help me!! I just can't do this anymore. I want my life back. And I'm willing to go through hell to get it. But I CAN NOT go back to a rehab and do that to my family again. I'm not dragging them through hell with me. They don't deserve that. I did this. Not them. It's my fault. I did this to myself. :cry:I was just hoping you could help make the WD symptoms a little easier on me. Thank you for reading my extremely long post and thank you also in advance for any advice, thoughts, or encouragement.

Ok, wait until you can no longer stand it anymore. Take 20-30mg loperamide and 600mg gabapentin. After this every 40min-60mg one 300mg gabapentin until you reach 1500mg. take 150mg lyrica twice or 3 times a day depending on how you feel. i think the first 2 days twice and then up to even 4 times. Repeat this for the first 3 days and then stop the loperamide abruptly but continue using gabapentin and lyrica. Slowly taper them after day 5-7. If you can get a hold of some benzo med it'd be perfect, with the combo i'm telling ya it's gonna be a walk in the park forrea. i quit a massive morphine intravenous habit this way few months ago.

I've never used SOMA for wd so i can't tell you how to dose that but i know it helps a lot too, u could use the search engine or probably someone will comment later. Good luck.

So I can use both gabapentin and Lyrica together and not be a zombie? I was worried I would be too drowsy but I'm definitely willing to try it! Thank you so much @nznity for the reply. I appreciate it sooooo very much!

just don't mix soma in the combo, and take others just if you still feel bad
gabapentin and Lyrica is the same but lyrica is x3 times stronger then gabapentin
Monitor your breathing and do not take another doses until 6 hours have passed
they can cause respiratory depression even if they still did not overcome the withdrawal symptom's
OK thank you for the reply. I will keep that in mind for sure. I'm not a big fan of soma anyway so unless someone thinks it will offer really significant benifits for the WD symptoms, I'll probably stay away from it. Thanks again 😊

Ugh! I want to crawl out of my skin! I hate this feeling. Really drowsy. I'm guessing partly due to no sleep and partly due to the lyrics and gaba. But I CAN'T Sleep because I can't stop moving!! It's been a little over 24hrs since my last dose of hydros. I've got a long way to go. I hate WD symptoms. I'm hot, I'm cold, I'm hot, I'm cold. It's horrific!!! I do think the lyrica and others are helping some. I just want to sleep!!! 😭😭

man that restlessness is what would always kill me. good luck. its so fucking annoying. i'd often break when faced with the choice of trying to sleep with my legs going or just going out and scoring. i'm glad you have comfort meds. in the first couple of days i would just knock myself out as much as possible but be careful cos you don't wanna develop onto a new crutch. once you've got clean, get some psychological help to help you stay clean. detox is just the first step in a long long journey.

man that restlessness is what would always kill me. good luck. its so fucking annoying. i'd often break when faced with the choice of trying to sleep with my legs going or just going out and scoring. i'm glad you have comfort meds. in the first couple of days i would just knock myself out as much as possible but be careful cos you don't wanna develop onto a new crutch. once you've got clean, get some psychological help to help you stay clean. detox is just the first step in a long long journey.
Its the worst!! Still pretty bad tonight. But I'm still going. Haven't given in and in not going to. I'm gonna make it through this. I think the Lyrica is helping for sure.I'm only taking 150mg twice a day s only taking about 300 to 600mg of gabapentin twice a day. Oh and I took some of the immodium. Just ready to be done with this part!! You're right, I do need to find some psychotical type help to stay clean. I'll work on that. Thank you! 😊

I hope ur doing ok tonight.. everyone is right, smoke if u have it..keep up ur fluids..stay on the antu diarrhea meds..God love ur heart..i did it cold turkey almost died..let me know how u do!

I hope you're doing well!! If you haven't used since Monday then you should be really close to the worst of it now. Day 3 is usually where it peaks so that should be tomorrow. If you ever feel discouraged remind yourself that if you relapse you're just going to have to go through all the same suffering again that you've already done, and that every hour you don't use is an hour closer to freedom. Whenever I've gone cold turkey from heroin I've found day 1-3 to just be unbearably awful because the symptoms are always getting worse, but then I find usually towards the end of day 3 there's an actual noticeable moment where it peaks and then "breaks" - the symptoms start ramping down instead of up. I'm usually in for another day or two of feeling shitty, but the knowledge that the symptoms are getting better rather than worse is always a great realization and gives me that extra boost to stick to it.

Do you have any place in place for after the WDs?? A lot of users can do the physical detox, but it's the PAWs - the depression, boredom, anhedonia etc- that ends up getting them. Knowing that its coming and having a plan in place for it can be the different between success and relapse.