• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opioid potentiators question !!

Adrianm12

Bluelighter
Hi all I have a quick question about potentiators such as white grapefruit juice. I have personally noticed that everytime I use it I have either diminished effects or none at all despite seeing a big community of people benefiting? I’d always been curious to how it would potentiate opiates if it is using up the enzymes required by the opiate to convert ? I always didn’t get this especially since my antidepressants used to block opiates from working COMPLETELY through an almost identical enzyme issue. Prime example other day 25mg of oxy with no potentiators besides caffeine gave me a strong rush which is a low dose for me also, then today 750mg grapefruit juice, a cup of tonic water and 30mg oxycodone produces very very weak to almost no euphoria at all! I’d love to hear people opinions/debates on this topic as I’m really interested and also if anyone new how long grapefruit and guinine effect the liver enzymes thanks all

Last edited:
All posts I’ve seen regarding grapefruit juice and quinine are talking about how they potentiate, this is the first ive seen saying otherwise Which I’m glad I found as not only do they not potentiate for me they ruin the whole high ..

I would suggest looking for “Synergiers” as oppose to potentiators. As others have mentioned, so much is hyped up about how they help, and the expectations thereof, must people are disappointed with the outcome.

Regarding WGFJ, when it is even slightly beneficial (depending on your DOC’s Pharmacology) you must prepare a good 9-12hrs prior to saturate the cytochromes involved. An hour before will not cut it.

Try a gabapentoid with your Oxy, or some Hydroxyzine. They work great alongside most opioids!!!!

Note: My favourite is Oxy + Phenibut, absolute bliss!!!!

I believe the best potentiator of opiates I’ve ever tried was Lactuca species, aka Wild Lettuce Opium.

In ancient times they would mix it with real opium. The few times I’ve tried it I got a mild to moderate high but the strange part was the strong potentiating effects upon my Suboxone for 3 or so days after. So strong I had to cut my dose back to 1/4 or so of the original until it wore off.

I’m curious to see if others experience similar results...

-GC

I would suggest looking for “Synergiers” as oppose to potentiators. As others have mentioned, so much is hyped up about how they help, and the expectations thereof, must people are disappointed with the outcome.

Regarding WGFJ, when it is even slightly beneficial (depending on your DOC’s Pharmacology) you must prepare a good 9-12hrs prior to saturate the cytochromes involved. An hour before will not cut it.

Try a gabapentoid with your Oxy, or some Hydroxyzine. They work great alongside most opioids!!!!

Note: My favourite is Oxy + Phenibut, absolute bliss!!!!
I have tried lyrica along with oxycodone and I completely agree. I drank the juice 3-4 hrs before doseing yesterday and felt no high at all, then 24 hours from the time I drank the juice I tried again also with no high at all very strange

I think it’s just to minimal to most of us, and we construct a hope from reading all the anecdotal evidence a lot of which is hype. I have tried it almost all possible ways, and at the best I saw 10% difference to either perceived potency or prolonged circulation.

Note: The fact that it is listed as a contraindication, on the insert info with some drug classes, tends to fuel the expectation!!!!

I think it’s just to minimal to most of us, and we construct a hope from reading all the anecdotal evidence a lot of which is hype. I have tried it almost all possible ways, and at the best I saw 10% difference to either perceived potency or prolonged circulation.

Note: The fact that it is listed as a contraindication, on the insert info with some drug classes, tends to fuel the expectation!!!!
Do you have any info as to why for me it completely eliminates the high ? I find it blocks it out all together for atleast the 2 days

Th
I believe the best potentiator of opiates I’ve ever tried was Lactuca species, aka Wild Lettuce Opium.

In ancient times they would mix it with real opium. The few times I’ve tried it I got a mild to moderate high but the strange part was the strong potentiating effects upon my Suboxone for 3 or so days after. So strong I had to cut my dose back to 1/4 or so of the original until it wore off.

-GC
Thanks will have a look !

Do you have any info as to why for me it completely eliminates the high ? I find it blocks it out all together for atleast the 2 days
Yes mate, but not specifically. I suspect it is an individual anomaly biologically. It may have reacted with something in your body, or it could be setting something else off in other liver enzymes, having a detrimental effect later when you are trying to metabolise your opi’s as normal.

This is why I stick to finding synergy, two drugs that work well together. Simple enhancement by proxy!!!! Hope this helps.

Yes mate, but not specifically. I suspect it is an individual anomaly biologically. It may have reacted with something in your body, or it could be setting something else off in other liver enzymes, having a detrimental effect later when you are trying to metabolise your opi’s as normal.

This is why I stick to finding synergy, two drugs that work well together. Simple enhancement by proxy!!!! Hope this helps.
Thanks for your replies appreciate them ! If I consumed grapefruit juice (which blocks the effect of opiates for me) then consumed a high amount of opiates in one day, would this heighten my tolerance ? Or no because it didn’t convert into the active metabolite which causes a dopamine rush?

I thinking I know what your getting at, but I doubt one days high dosing ever dramatically raises your tolerance, blocked or not. It accumulates more slowly than that with most opioids. Some drugs have rapid tolerance rise (Phenibut comes to mind), but I’d say more of a week or so for me anyway with opi’s.

Opioid tolerance comes mostly from constant Mu agonism (opioid receptor binding), which mostly release endorphin as oppose to dopamine.

Main reason I was asking was because everytime I got my hands on oxy, I would consume grapefruit juice hoping to get the most out of it but instead got nothing, even 40-50mg doses would sometimes provide just a small high... but the other day I got my hands on 25mg but didn’t consume any juice and got an instense rush! So I’m now concluding that the juice was ruining all good effects 😂 I was assuming my tolerance was sitting high that’s why I wasn’t getting much effects but it’s actually looking like my tolerance sits quite low at 20-25mg. I used grapefruit juice everytime I got oxy for the last year at high doses all to feel notning when really could’ve had low doses without the juice and got much better effects it seems like. I’m suprised my tolerance wasn’t effected witj the high doses oxy and grapefruit juice as it only require 25 mg for a rush without grapefruit when the whole time I was using 40-50mg with the juice for almost a year on and off

Passiflore contains scopolamine and other alcaloids which really potentiate opioids, add some diphenhydramine.

-GC
I get similar results with poppy seed tea. The wild lettuce makes my tea stronger for the next 2-3 days. It grows all around my house and fields.
IvyLeave