• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiods & constricted pupils (aka 'pinpoint')

jayseattle

Greenlighter
Any1 know of ways to dilate eyes, w/o requiring prescription med? Belladonna was used in past, have tried some OTC eye drops w/ minuscule amounts of this, but not working.
Yes I know the med eye doctors give to dilate eyes to test glaucoma etc.. it is script only.
thx

Not going to be easy if you are on sizeable amounts of opioids. When on high doses of opioids even drugs that normally dilate the eyes significantly can not make a significant difference. That said, MDMA does dilate the eyes even on high doses of methadone.

The only thing I can think of that is OTC and that might work would be 5-htp if you are on lowish doses of opioids.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to dilate them? The general public usually doesn't seem to notice contricted pupils, though the lighter your eye color the more it is apparent. I have light brown eyes and ive had people say, "oh i didn't realize how light your eyes were" when on high doses of opioids (I don't regularly use opioids anymore, so when I do, people see the full color of my iris).

Thanks for info on 5-htp, will check out.

Co-workers/shopkeepers have no idea as you state... immediate family definitely can spot the pupils when I am under influence