• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe opiod/bupe phenomena

zagor

Bluelighter
I mentioned this before but there are always new people with new information.
I was a heavy abuser of oxycodone and oxyneo from 2014-2017. I mean REALLY high doses. When I had no more supplies I went on suboxone.
I was on it for about a year and then I found a doctor who was willing to prescribe me high doses of oxy. I was taking it for several months but never felt any buzz at all, nor pain relief in those 7-8 months. I was prescribed 50mg IR 4-5x a day.
I went back to suboxone again.
2 weeks ago I went without suboxone for 5 days only to try oxy and...nothing.
I've been searching online and found only 1 person who claims the same problem, plus he can't get anything from alcohol either. (I haven't tried booze due to stomach problems)
I don't know what suboxone did but it permanently blocked my mu receptors.
BTW, I have been on klonopin for nearly 20 years and I no longer get any effect from any benzos either.

Yeah, bupre and fent are so strong that they can cause kind of an perma tolerance. Its a shame really, or a blessing. Idk. Still fucked up how much it can raise ones tolerance. All opiates raise tolerance but with bupre and fent, its just way faster and usually permanent.

I've never heard of a "permanent" increase in tolerance...your opioid receptors have simply been down-regulated dramatically from the bupe, which itself takes a VERY long time to clear your body completely and allow your neurons to regrow enough receptors for oxy and other less powerfully-binding drugs to take effect.

I actually find the opposite surprisingly.

Bupe always lowers my opioid tolerance quite a bit. It could be that there was some residual blocking mechanism within your brain from the bupe. It's not uncommon for folks to have different timelines for suboxone since everyone's digestive system is different. That's why some experience PWD despite waiting well after the recommended period for administering suboxone, while others take a sub 4 hours after fent and experience no negative interactions. The drug lingers or recedes depending on certain factors imo. And everyone has a different timeline for digesting opioids despite drugs having fixed half-lives.

Some folks say that they can not feel oxy for a week or two after stopping suboxone. But you will definitely feel oxy again if you are patient. I know the waiting period sucks, but the pills are so expensive and coveted.. it's worth waiting the extra few days over administering a drug that is unfeelable :(

Some folks say that they can not feel oxy for a week or two after stopping suboxone. But you will definitely feel oxy again if you are patient. I know the waiting period sucks, but the pills are so expensive and coveted.. it's worth waiting the extra few days over administering a drug that is unfeelable :(
But I was on oxy without bupe 7-8 months every day. And it never worked.

@schizopath It can be a blessing, especially for people with mental illness like me because oxy helped my depression. It can be a dangerous combination.
But on the other hand, I can't get any pain relief. If I God forbid get some serious disease how am I supposed to control the pain?

I've never heard of a "permanent" increase in tolerance...your opioid receptors have simply been down-regulated dramatically from the bupe, which itself takes a VERY long time to clear your body completely and allow your neurons to regrow enough receptors for oxy and other less powerfully-binding drugs to take effect.
Yea, maybe decades lol

give it time i don't think it blocked any receptors permanently. i just took 60mg of codeine because i hurt my back real bad. after almost a year off bupe i was nauseous all day. kind of like the first time i took any opiate. tolerance resets it takes time. i'm no preacher or nothing but that is why it is super important to readjust dosing. had to add it in.

I don't think people realize just how powerful in potency bupe is.
0.07mg (70 micrograms) of bupe is about equal to 80mg of oxycodone. Just a half a milligram of buprenorphine is as potent as hundreds of milligrams of oxycodone.
But since bupe is only a partial agonist, you won't feel the same amount of 'high' or 'buzz' from bupe as you would a full agonist.

Not sure what doses of bupe you were taking, but if it was high enough, it's possible that when you switched, your oxycodone dose was just barely holding you out of withdrawal from the bupe.

Depending on your bupe doses, 5 days may not have been long enough to get it all out of your body. Doses as high as 8-24mgs can take several days to leave the body. It could be a combo of tolerance increase and bupe's blocking effect.

Also, benzo's rely on totally different receptors and mechanisms that bupe doesn't even touch, so I'd say after 20 years of klonopin use, your problem there is most likely tolerance. I took klonopin off and on for 20 years too and it wasn't until I got my own script recently and started taking it more often that I noticed it stopped hitting me as hard as it use to because my body has grown accustom to it.

Try sticking to small doses (under 1-2mg) of subs and after awhile you might actually start to feel close to full agonist effects from it and your tolerance will be slightly lower. I use to mix low doses of bupe with heroin & tramadol and actually noticed synergy and potentiation, since at these low doses, bupe doesn't cover all your receptors. And the blocking effect doesn't really kick in until after you start taking more than 2mg a day.

I don't have any proof but I do believe that people who take 16-24mg of bupe daily for years and years could possibly fry out or fuck up their receptors, as it's just a ridiculous amount of receptor saturation 24/7.

Last edited: