• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Opinions Needed- Is This is a Good or Bad Idea?

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

• Great idea! I'd love something like that!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Sorry, too much emotionally. And/or a little creepy maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Asparagus_Prince

Bluelighter
My grandmother is well into her 90s and the only grandparent I have left. I am making arrangements to interview her on camera. I want to cover all kinds of topics with a nice mix of light-heartedness and more serious.

But I'm considering keeping the interview secret from her children/family. One day way down the road, long after my grandmother is gone, I will surprise them with it. My grandmother will know of my intentions and be fine with it.

But I really don't have a sense of how people would receive that.

I know the lady and she won't have any problem talking about death or any other touchy subjects. She'll love it actually. That's not my concern at all. I even intend to ask her this:
"So many people leave this world without saying goodbyes to loved ones. Is there anything you'd like to say to your children now?"

So, thoughts/opinions please! Would this be too hard for you to watch? Perhaps you don't have many fond memories of your parents or grandparents. But think of any deceased person that you deeply miss. And imagine them addressing you post-mortem like this. Too gut-wrenching or painful to watch? Or maybe creepy?

i think its beautiful thing to do for you and gran, i think it should be done more, i wish i would have interviewed lost loved ones in times past, even if painful, i think your awesome for even considering it, sure it can hurt others , but not a bitter angry pain perhaps,,,,,GO FOR IT!

I think you should move forward with this idea without a single reservation. Some may appreciate it, and perhaps some won't, but the choice would be there.

I probably should have made this in poll-form.

Come on... plenty more responses please! There are some threads that aren't for everybody, but come on... everyone can have an opinion on this!

A) Great idea! I'd love something like that!
B) Sorry, too much emotionally. And/or a little creepy maybe.

my grandpa did something like this with one of my cousins.

he was a jew in a nazi occupied country during WW2 and survived multiple concentration camps. so her interview of him touched more on documenting his story so it wouldn’t be lost to time. but she also touched on family and stuff like that too.

he’s still with us, but unfortunately is in a nursing home and is suffering from dementia. i’m grateful that footage of him while still in good health exists