• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Opinions necessary

thedukeofraoul

Bluelighter
I've always wondered if cannabis helps curve opioid/opiate withdrawals.

Testing the theory now. Lol

well this thread is perfect for me,
background, been smoking cannabis since i was 14, mushrooms and dxm at 15, ecstacy at 16, cocaine at 17, LSD at 18,2c-b 19,
Percocet and heroin at 20,(amung other things,) i herniated my lumbar disk a few months after i tried percocet, and being the lab experiment i am i tried to be my own doctor,
in just over 3 weeks i will be 4 years clean from opiates, (with the help of methadone, which i know is an opiate/opiod)
about 16 days ago, i got prescribed medical cannabis after an 6 month break this coincided with my methadone drop from 7mg to 5 mg, which was the largest dose i had dropped so far, {115 being my highest dose}, and this dose drop definately was the easiest for while and my sleep has been better,
as for cravings, i am 4 years out and the cravings are mostly gone although yesturday i listened to Heroin by the Velvet underground, was afflicted by a horrible sinus/tooth infection, that not even, aclohol, ibuprophen, and cannabis could calm, i did crave, mind you this is basically the month that will remind me of the height of my usage, and all the loss it suffered, and i can't help but reminiss,
I suppose if you are managing your symptoms and don't come across high scale pain, as long as cannabis doesn't trigger a relapse in you personally, it would help,
sorry for the long, drived post, insomnia, clonazepam, alcohol, nitcotiene, methaone, and cannabis, my brain doesn't type things as it would
TL;DR, as long as it won't trigger a relapse or anxiety i think it would be great to help the psyical and mental withdrawl symptoms, dampening the cravings, it is actually the legal reason i have a perscription( not that it doesn;t help anxiety, insomnia, pain, and attention, its not a cure all but a band-aid, good luck, its better on the clear side, as ironic as it sounds

It helps with the nausea, aching muscles and restlessness. The severe depression I find is simply unavoidable. Gives me something to do if I'm up all night. Helps me keep the future / long term benefit in mind. It's no panacea but I chain toke in wd's. In fact that's the sole reason I started blazing again after being away from it for many years. Searching for relief and stumbled across a bowl.

IMO after smoking weed long term (12+ years), taking opiates at the same time then coming off them, MJ does what its always done (lessens pain, dulls depression - raises mood, but can also heighten anxiety if you are prone) if thats understandable. So for me I wouldn't recommend it for treatment, but in most cases will make you feel a little better during WD's.

Last edited: