• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Opiates stopped working, not tolerance related?

FalsifyingMatrix

Greenlighter
, I'll keep it short, and this is a throwaway account for whatever reasons: started using painkillers 4 months ago. Had toothache, acquired 1 ? MG tramadol. Whatever. Next day it got worse, acquired 5MG percocet, helped take the edge off.

Fast forward 3 weeks, I had done 10 mg percocet 4/5 of those 3 weeks. Enter the dentist. Over the next 2 weeks I got a 15 script for perc 5, 15 oxy 10 IR, 15 vicodin on 7.5. Each script lasted me a week.

Month 2, and I'm doing 10-15 MG 6/7 days for 3 weeks. Last week of the month, I took a break. Month 3 finds me doing 10-20 MG oxy about every few days the first 2 weeks of the month, and week 3 I discover H. 2 bags got me annihilated. Acquired 2 bundles straight off the bat, fuck going small. Lasted over a week and my friends were doing them too, 20 mg oxy every other day helped. Week 4 and I was on a break.

Last month, I did 3 buns the first week, nothing else, they lasted me maybe 3 days a pop and I would take a break afterwards. The last 3 weeks my friend would intermittently come over with his buns and let me do half, this happened a half dozen times, while around this time I was getting them every 3 days or so, doing nearly all of the bags in a night, which turned into copping a little more, a bit more frequently, passed deep into near unsavable OD territory repeatedly, but never went to seek help because great friends. Tapered off the last week of the month, abstained, got my head on right.

This month, and I figured I'd have a low tolerance, the first of the month I took a couple percs and I was gravy for the night. So after 2 weeks of abstinence, minus 10mg of perc, copped a g of *raw*, split with my friend, he was decimated but I felt absolutely nothing (we went out before we did it, had some beers, caught a heavy buzz, and then did that shit back at home). It totally sobered me up, friend is passed out and running straight for an OD it seems. Half a g of raw shouldn't do that, sober me up I should say. Another g copped same night, friend was coming around, but I wanted to do more, he did something slight and tapped out, I finished out well over half a g (including plugging .3 which was the most dangerous thing I could've done) and it did literally nothing for me. Next day, next half g, plugged .25 the right way, railed .25, and went to work. Still felt nothing. After that much abstinence I should've repeatedly overdosed off that?.. This was a+, 100% legit, and my dude was urling all over my house and ourside all day the next day off of fractions less, and he has a heavy tolerance.

Yesterday, adderall worked like a charm.

Today, I took some percocet, 15 mg, a few hours after a kolonopin which had me mellow, and that sobered me straight up. I was pretty in the zone too. Tried 3 mg ativan, nothing, and I have no experience with benzos, before the toothache, I had no experience with opiates.

Anyone have any input?

Side note: My best friend is a nurse in a psych facility and handles a lot of addictions and detox as well at her other job. She told me it isn't physically possible. She knows the exact doses and when and where on everything (she's like my sister, she hears everything and we never lie to eachother) and apparently this just isn't physically possible, it's clinically unheard of supposedly, and she went to swing at me when she found out we did that raw without narcan. So for opiates to now not only not work, but actually sober me up to 100% normal when I'm seriously in the zone on anything. Not even a pupil response when I did any opiates lately, and the opiates, ativan + Kpins made my pupils huge. She thinks I'm lying, or that it's a higher power (I had dark thoughts and wanted to go around that same time, was planning my way out, one of which included H) (i might've od'd a time or two willingly, both times I was randomly, violently ripped out of my sleep in the most unexplainable way in the middle of the might and struggling to breathe after I was clearly not breathing for a while, more on that another day) but I say she's nuts, there's a biologically explainable reason surely. Still, she says everything I tell her lines up right with massive od's and etc and that it's God intervening, and this newly developed immunity of sorts is God's will, going from never using to taking multiple buns and multiple g's a day in a super short period of time from her point of view is the most common path to a fast young death and I'm just lucky I didn't go on multiple occasions, especially when mixing 12, 30 packs and bottles with dozens of bags. Unfortunately She's a decade heavy daily long opiate abuser and she's flabbergasted, but why she's pushing this God agenda on me when she never talked about it before is super odd, but she knows I repeatedly crossed those lines for some specific reasons and forced me to enroll in serious therapy because of it, maybe that's why?

Tbh, alcohol doesn't even work any more, I've started to hate smoking cigs, and weed barely does anything (long history of years of abuse with all three), I'm totally striking out... Any thoughts? PAWS is out the window, and another funny thing is aside from a couple night sweats during breaks, I NEVER experienced any WD's. Pardon the ramble, can BL help a dude out?

TL;DR Goody two shoes who swears he'll never take pills and smoking grass is the answer for everything ever, is a hippie, modern medicine is evil, etc gets abscessed tooth, months of moderate opiate abuse ensue, now no drugs work.

Pretty wild story. That's a fast descent into the life (at least in my experience and people I've known). I don't have any answers unfortunately. The only thing that makes sense in my head is that you had something like bupe bound to your receptors blocking everything else that was going in. I realize you didn't mention that though. I hope you do just try and leave the chase at this point. Sounds like you were venturing into dangerous territory at an extremely accelerated pace.

Oh boy this is a fun one, see if you do continue your use and a decade from now you are properly fucked with a monster on your back, and you look back to this incredibly unbelievable gift, a miracle or a free pass if you will - You can pass "Go" collect the $200.00 and go straight to home instead of straight to jail (addiction).

It would be incredibly wise to heed the warnings of others on the subject of opiates, I'm fucked, not as fucked as some, but a lot more fucked than I would ever liked to have been.

Good Luck OP, I hope you stay the fuck away from a drug that will show you who the boss really is, who's really in charge. Expect the tables to turn if you continue your use. Take care.

i've seen similar happen before with people that "burn out" so to say - they dont start small - its like a phase for them - in it deep without knowing how to swim then out before they realize the bottom isn't there anymore.... take everyones advice and leave the opiates now... you will regret it if you dont. you will be fucked in the end if you keep playing the game. i know you probably wont listen to anyone, and will need to learn the hard way, but seriously - take it from someone who has been where money didnt even matter - all the opiates i wanted - and still in pain and the most miserable state possible. get out now. get out before 10 years from now your body and mind is irrepairably harmed.

I appreciate it guys, and I'll abstain from anything but occasional use, but even the H today didn't work. I'll stick to my adderall and cigarettes, but everything is a waste of money and nothing works, so I'll get on the straight and narrow, as hard as that is to believe. Thanks for the feedback, brothers.

Edit: the problem is. I won't keep playing the game, because literally nothing works, and I don't feel right unless I'm drinking a few shots or smoking cigs, or take an addy, if I throw opiates in the mix I totally sober up, so it's a waste of my money to even continue trying to use, because even intentionally high overdoses don't affect me any more and I know it isnt tolerance or paws. Its a fucking mystery. i really appreciate it again though!!!!

Last edited: