• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiates CAUSING DEPRESSION. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
I’ve taken opiods for 5 years daily or so, from Tramadol to Opana and even Hydromorphone. Mainly Hydro/Oxy. For the first year or so they gave me ENERGY, I was happy and talkative and full of life! Yes, this lasted for a year even when popping them daily!! SLOWLY BUT SURELY I got “REVERSE EFFECTS” again REVERSE AFFECTS OR EFFECTS.
So now when I take one? I feel like shit. No energy, sleep ALL DAY (20+ hours before) and I feel like death!! I only take them because I got bad WD, worse than people report.
ADDERALL (the first drug I ever took, also prescribed legally) did the same thing to me after taking it daily for YEARS - for the first 1-2 years I took Adderall 15mg 5X or so daily, but I drank 3-6 cups of coffee or energy drinks with them to get SUPER energetic and felt AMAZING, happy, talkative, etc. After about 1 year of daily use, Adderall caused REVERSE EFFECTS. Suddenly an Adderall made me: TIRED, DIZZY, sick like feeling. TOTAL BURNOUT.
Now opiates have done the same thing, and it’s been the case for years now! I just can’t quit them cold turkey like Adderall as the WD is too much for me to handle. Nor Can I afford 1+ week off work... I believe I’ve totally burnt out all my receptors, at least any opiate or AMP ones... What Can I do? Here’s what HAPPENS DAILY: when I wake up in WD, I don’t feel good or bad mentally, just “okay”. When I take a painkiller to stop the WD’s though, the WD’s stop so I feel much better overall, besides mentally. I can FEEL MY OWN LIPS “FROWNING” and can’t control it. I’m not joking.
I tried TRAMADOL. No GO! It’s still an opioid, so it still makes me feel shittyMentally due to the total opiate burnout I have. Every-SINGLE day I feel my own lips FORCING THEMSELVES TO FROWN, as that’s how shitty I feel. I’m being 100% serious, I feel so bad mentally my lips force a sad frown constantly, and I CAN’T control it! Everyone always think I’m angry or sad, but I can’t control it. It happens mainly after I take a painkiller.
Anyone else experience this? I thought about Suboxone, but since it’s still an opioid I assume I still would feel like shit mentally, as ANY TYPE OF OPIATE CONSUMED WILL MAKE ME FROWN and feel like shit... Unless the Naltrexone or whatever in it makes it “different”? I don’t know. I thought about Methadone, but that’s a strong opiate. So that’s also a no go......That would likely worsen things for me,
I can feel the “shitty mood” and I can feel myself making a frown only 1 hour after taking a Tramadol, Hydro, or Oxy.. But I need them to avoid the hell-ish withdrawals..
Sorry that was long but if anyone read that, any advice?

Um that's a lot of drugs.

Where did you get the idea that sublingual buprenerphine(Suboxone) works less thanks 12 hours? It is taken once or twice a day for opioid wd. And is a partial agonist.

You're post is somewhat confusing, and don't feel good atm(big help right?) however that is such a monstrous cocktail if legit that wouldn't point my finger at any one thing

Someone else will come along however tolerance and such and neuro-adaptions can change how one is effected.

And please don't just say you are an "ultra rapid" metabolizer, that could mean multiple things and highly doubt you have had genetic testing or phenotype

Good Evening Colorado!

You seem energetic tonight at least. Do you think you could slow down a second, take some breaths, focus a bit and rephrase your question?

We can maybe tease it out of this, but we'd appreciate the help.

EDIT: you seem to have some high-energy periods in your post history, OP. I'll leave this open for a little bit.

Half an hour and no sign--be safe Colorado Boy, go find the answers you seek.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.