Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

opiates, benzos and depression

redsweater

Bluelighter
fuck i made a big post but it was too retarded because i am high as tits

i was tyring to say is i still love the high from oxy + xanax + alcohol but it just makes me feel absolutely miserable and worthless

how can i get around this? sometimes i need to get high because just to wind down and relax. but i fucking hate this feeling of absolute loneliness that it keeps coming with it

i didn't get this before when i was actually depressed and had bad anxiety, but now that i am moderately happy i just can't get high without feeling ike shit

is this normal?

Abstinence would be your best bet, band aid solutions aren't a cure, and when used in excess, make the problem worse. You say your moderately happy, so this should not be too much of an issue, right?

^ agree.

The drugs will help alleviate and mask the depression at first but will ultimately compound your problems ime. My depression improved with the less drugs I was consuming slowly over time of course.

Change, spend your drug money on better/healthier foods and most importantly get out and exercise, walks on the beach, swimming, running, team sports to meet new people, sports clubs, etc.

I hope you feel better soon, all the best brother! And remember your not the only one, there's help out there and it will get better, one day at a time.

For me Xanax was super serious bad news.

Ps I could nibble some titties right now...sick of being single!

Last edited:
using depressants to escape while you're in a depressive state only tend to exacerbate such symptoms especially while coming down and sobering up leaving you to deal with reality.

avoid using these combo's as much as possible and finding an alternative to dealing with your depression. perhaps nootropics, maybe counselling. if you are concerned about your depression start by having a talk with your GP.

have you got any hobbies, study, etc that you can put more concentration and effort towards?

nonono you guys misunderstand

i am the happiest i have been in years. i have a lot of friends. my anxiety is under control. i don't get depressed like ever. and im finally graduating uni in a few weeks.

back in the day when i was depressed these drugs would make me happy, now they have the opposite effect. i still enjoy getting high though, but hate the mental aspect which i now get

i know they are 'depressents' but i only ever used oxys sparingly and never felt like this while high. i dunno, just really bad vibes lately and particularly today... guess maybe its time to move on

It's uncanny. I have a friend who is in the exact same predicament that you're in redsweater, except his Brisbane based. He smokes weed 24/7, has lots of friends, abuses the shit out of OxyContin/benzo's/alcoholic. Except he's fucked up, he won't listen to me!