• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates and receptors

Agoraphobiaphile

Bluelighter
So for example if you use enough suboxone to cover all your opiate receptors so that you don't get high from say a shot of heroin..what exactly happens to the heroin? Is half life effected?.. Which is a weird question but it seems to me like if you do some opiates and don't get high, the process of expulsion from your body would happen quicker and theoretically the opiates would be removed quicker.

Or say you take an opiate in an ineffective manner such as swallowing a shot of dope or a suboxone strip. Obviously blood levels would be less but how about urine levels?

To the first question.. If you try and do heroin, right after you take subxone/buprenorphine of any kind.. it will just not bind to the receptors, it will be in your system, but it wont do shit the bupe will overpower the heroin because it is more powerful and has a higher binding affinity to your opiate receptors, but it doesn't feel as powerful because it is a partial agonist opioid and heroin is a full agonist opiate.. So yes it will show up in a drug test or urine, but wont probably wont do shit.. unless you are using very low doses of bupe, and then wait a good while to then do the heroin, then you will feel something most likely, IME at least.. I have done, really good dope about 6-8 hours or so after taking 1-2mg of bupe, and felt it perfectly.. the stronger the heroin, the better it will feel after taking the sub, also the less sub you take the better it will feel, and its better to wait a full 12-24 hrs after the sub, then you will feel the dope better, obviously.. but if you try to take heroin, then take a sub too soon, the sub will rip all of the heroin off of your opiate receptors, and send you into full blown precipitated withdrawl, it is awful..

And yes, if you swallow heroin or suboxone, it probably wont do a whole lot if anything at all, as it is the worst ROA for both of those drugs, but it will definitely show up in your urine just as long as it would for pretty much any other ROA you use, because it is still in your system.. but I see no point in anyone ever using either bupe or dope in that manner, it would be absolutely pointless to do so.. I mean heroin, yes you may feel something when taken orally and with a larger dose than normal, but it wont be much, because the BA is very low, and bupe... that wont do a damn thing, it has a BA of like less than 10%, so your only getting 1/10 of what you would get with the best ROA which is IV(still I don't recommend any one do this, as I do, and am addicted to bupe more than I ever was when I just sniffed, plugged it, or took it sub'l) IME it barely works well for me sublingually, with a BA of only ~34% sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less, depending on how well it is absorbed.. I am all about the ~100% BA with all drugs, or getting the highest BA possible, so I usually IV my bupe/opioids.