• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Opiates and benzos

Louis225

Greenlighter
Hey so I have a quick question. I have a couple 5mg percocets and I haven’t really done much with them because I’m scared my medication will interfere. I’m on 2mg clonazepam Dailey and 15 mg mirtazapine. Can I have half of one of the percs or is it a bad idea. Btw my benzo tolerance is through the roof. Been on 2-5mg Dailey for almost 3 years. Also have plenty of experience with a wide range of things. Thanks

If you aren't a very light person and you have been using those benzodiazepines regularly for a while, taking 10mg Oxycodone shouldn't be dangerous. As negrogesic said 2,5mg Oxycodone won't do much, I would be surprised if you even felt anything.
If you want to be very careful, just take one Percocet but I would probably take 2.

^^^ What they said.

I think your benzo tolerance is important. As far as the Oxy goes, I personally need at least 10mg to feel anything worthwhile. If you're really worried, just give yourself some extra time between taking each medication.

The opiate + benzo combo is only essentially dangerous in higher doses, at these extremely low ones theres little harm that can come out of 5 to even 20mg of percs, its the higher doses that cause respiratory depression when it becomes a concern for the mix via stacking cns depressants.

you’ll be fine given your benzo tolerance and 5mg isn’t really a lot. i’d take a full 5mg pill, see how you feel with the mix of your medication, then if you feel it’s safe to do so i would go for a 10mg dose.
don’t push yourself if you don’t feel as though it’s safe and i wouldn’t consume more benzos aside from your standard/baseline dose with it. even if you can handle more benzos with said tolerance, i would be careful with taking more benzos than your baseline until you’re comfortable with the combo given you’re opiate naive and mixing downers is always ALWAYS something to be cautious of.
half of the 5mg pill won’t do anything, though.

Can I just be the one to remind you it's a dangerous path. A lot of bluelighters died this way because they thought they could handle their dose. They never found out they didn't, but we did when we attended their funerals.