• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates and benzos

Cosmic Trigger

Bluelighter
I'm currently using about 30 mg per day (but sometimes more) oxycodone for pain issues and have for about a year. I also lately have anxiety and sleep issues. I want to start taking clonazepam as some fell into my lap so to speak. My question is how much can I take along with the oxy safely? I'll likely take them at the same time in the evening. Also how much would it be ok to take with the opiates?

ooo trick question because there is no "safe amount to mix" only less risky amounts ;)

But I would start very low, clonazepam also has a long duration of effect so I would not redose for 12 hours. I have no direct experience so you probably shouldnt listen to me but as you have been taking 30mg of oxy for a year its safe to assume you have a tolerance to the depressive effects. The tolerance coupled with a low dose should prove to be safe like i said I would start low, like half a milligram remember its the type of thing you just dont wake up from so its better to be disappointed until you titrate to the correct dose. The alternative is you rush in and just pass out never to wake up.

I think with the right amount of respect it can be done with low risk, just remember you are playing with fire and start low. This is a deadly combo and a lot of us have died from it prescribed or otherwise, do not forget that.

Thanks for the caution. I've always liked fire for some reason. Did a lot of abo survival stuff back before I got sick and drugs took over and I could sit at a fire in some desert canyon for hours every night. It was a different kind of high. I miss it.

This is a very dangerous combination, to be politically correct, we have to recommended that you do not combine CNS depressants. That being said, many addicts use this combination. Some get away with it, some don't wake up. I would take them separately, however if you're going to do it, start with .5mg klonopin, then wait 1-2 hours before dosing the oxycodone. Start at the lowest oxycodone dose possible, usually you aim for ⅓ of your normal dose. So in your case, you would dose 10mg, wait an hour or so, if the desired effects aren't achieved after that duration, dose another 10mg. (Tritrate.) Repeat process until you achieve desired analgesic effects. This is only a guess, but 10-20mg of oxycodone, should be more than enough for you, if you normally dose 30mg without benzos.

- Hopeless Soul

Thanks, that seems like a pretty reasonable way to go about this. I hate this anxiety as much as I hate the pain I have. The combo makes you not want to be on the planet.

Thanks, that seems like a pretty reasonable way to go about this. I hate this anxiety as much as I hate the pain I have. The combo makes you not want to be on the planet.
I feel for ya bud. Maybe look into natural remedies for anxiety too. There is a thread started earlier today, that covers some of those remedies, its in basic drug discussion entitled "severe anxiety relief" and still should be near the top.

- Hopeless Soul

Last edited:
Thanks I will. Actually I have to start another thread on another issue with withdrawals from Phenibut. Will this ever end. NO it won't but I'm going to beat it back if I can.

I'm no doctor but I'd venture to say that .5 of clonazepam with a bit of a reduced dose of the oxy should be okay. I'm surprised the oxy alone isn't remedying the anxiety however you did mention phenibut so the withdrawal/rebound anxiety is probably cutting through. I've been taking various benzos and opiates for years with no ill effects other than increased drowsines on occasion but tolerance comes into play here. For me clonazepam took a couple days of dosing back when benzos were brand new to me in order to start working effectively at knocking out the anxiety but YMMV of course, we're all different.

Just be careful. If something doesn't feel right don't hesitate to get medical attention. Also having Benadryl on hand in case your breathing starts getting wonky is a plus as it tends to chase stuff out of one's system more rapidly than norm, at least in my experience. Good luck and tread carefully for safeties sake.

I've little real experience with opiates or benzos until I've gotten sick here and my life was thrown into chaos fear and loathing, and some amazing personal growth. So if I do end up going too far I will see some signs of it coming on before I just pass out and stop breathing? I think that is what you're saying right? If you or anyone has experience here would you chime in and describe what it might be like so I can be ready to call a friend for help or whatever?