• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opiate withdrawls/ tapering

B@seballin

Greenlighter
Hi im new to this forum and i have a question about withdrawls. i was taking percocet almost every day like up to 60 mg maybe take a day off but never had with drawls. i stopped takin them monday at noon after a huge 20 10/325 3 day binge. i am withdrawling bad now. its almost 48 hours since my last 2 10s and name the withdrawl symptom and i got it runny nose is the worst. does anyone know how to do a taper. i can easily get percocet or norco. how should i do this whole taper down til my physical symptoms lessen. any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi
try a strong pan cooked tea+caffiene to relive the said symptoms. these r very mild symptoms of an opiate.

Your post confuses me. A runny nose is the worst of the withdrawal you're currently riding out? I prefer a taper myself. Maybe with some kratom, a tiny bit of lope as needed and phenibut (only use the phenibut for a day or two when WDs are the worst) too. It also depends on if you're trying to quit for good or just trying to ride it out until you can reup. You said you could get pills easily, so i'm unsure of your ultimate goal. If i were taper down from 60mg/day of oral oxy I would go down to 30 for two days, 15 for two days, 10 for two days, 5 for two days, then only kratom. I take a morning half dose, kratom at noon, night half dose. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

You can switch straight over to Kratom and find the appropriate dose you need. Then, decrease that dose every couple of days/week. The slower the taper, the less symptoms you'll have. Choose your own pace. You can use Percocet and do the same thing, but a lot of people will find this very tough to do. It's easy to just up your dose far "one day" because you want to take a break from tapering to have one feel good day.

It's tough to taper with short acting opiates, since you end up taking multiple doses in a day. A lot of people find it easier to taper with longer acting opiates like Suboxone. Though, I'd recommend going the Kratom route.

Either way you'll go, you have to really want to do this. If sobriety isn't your ultimate goal, it'll be tough to taper.

If runny nose is your worst withdrawal symptom then getting percs/norcos to "taper" might be the worst idea ever, especially if you have been 48 hours into the wd already. Get some benzos, loperamide and antihistamines (these will help with the runny nose) or whatever non-opioids you have access to if you absolutely need some.