• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate withdrawal?

Karbon1991

Bluelighter
Over 3 days I've consumed roughly over 200 Dihydrocodeine and 30 Codeine Phosphate and 80 Gabapentin and & 5 Diazepam.
Was just being an idiot basically. Day 1 of nothing. I feel so low n empty n I'm spending most of my time in bed asleep or crying. I'm always cold. Not much appetite, easily agitated. So fed up of everything. I don't know what's wrong with me. Someone please help.

I'd lean more towards a rough comedown as opposed to true wd unless this bender is following weeks to months of use. It's quite a lot and can really do a number on your kidneys/liver. Drink as much clear fluids like water/Gatorade as you can. See a doctor if you're concerned about symptoms or for peace of mind but deep depression is common. When it happens to me I tell myself it's the effect of what I took and not my true feelings and I just need to ride it out. A bender following no use can resolve within a couple days (for me anyway) but following regular use it can be a rough suicidal level couple of weeks. Stay positive and get help if you have to. Ask yourself why you think you went to extreme to find the cause and prevent future benders. Feel better soon and know you aren't he first or last to endure this.

^ I second these sentiments. If you weren't opioid/benzo tolerant before your binge, then it most likely isn't wd. Although that's not to say wd is ruled out completely.

- Hopeless Soul

Codeine has the potential to cause irrational mood shifts after a few days, I got it with oxycodone as well. Things that happened years ago start playing on my mind and making me feel stressed. It can sometimes be difficult to trace such mood shifts back to the drugs, but it sounds like you've consumed a fair bit and is probably a rebound effect of de-stressing drugs- give it a day or two, drink plenty of water, make sure you're eating well and if you're worried about anything, don't hesitate to speak to a friend, family member or doctor.

If you arent an avid user id say you're just going to go through a hangover period. My advice is to drink water, eat healthy, and smoke some good greens. The water and food will help your body recover from the substances you just took, and the marijuana will help with that empty feeling, as well as sleep. Usually for withdrawals to even occur, you need to be taking a drug for a couple weeks straight. Keep your head up man!

I'll take all the advise bar smoking greens. Makes me really paranoid. Thank you.

Keep urself busy by working out, going out with friends, hobbies, jobs, etc... Whenever i get bored my mind gravitates to opiates... All the best ??

took a few codeine phosphate earlier with a friend to calm me down not many only 6, had a can of cider, just going to chill out on games and movies for a few days im sure ill be fine soon enough. cheers to everyone for support.

Before I started experiencing actual WD's from opiates I would always get a rebound period after binges. This included anxiety and irritability but no other physical symptoms. After using on and off for another 12 months I was hooked. Feeling cold and sweaty after binges was the first sign for me that I was starting to become addicted and was getting mild withdrawals. They usually did not last for more then a few days.

Using for short term periods of say three days multiple times each month can actually result in mild WD's after going through this pattern repeatedly. If you keep it up after a year or two your brain starts going through major changes. This is a sign that you should take a break for a number of weeks.

Last edited:
Also in my experience, after taking gabapentin for 7 days I did have withdrawals from insomnia, to anxiety, feeling like death, etc. So I would say its the lack of opiates / opiates withdrawal and the johnnies too.

My only worry is all I an thinking about now is opioid/opiates etc.

I guess it could be a bit of a psychological craving on top of coming down from having taken too much. Not physical withdrawal per se, not yet.. perhaps on its direction though. When we use opiates we tend to feel warm and fulfilled and even if you are not in withdrawal you still could be feeling empty, sad after all it's been three days and your mind and body are probably asking for something. So, you notice that your 'lights' are now on for these things you've taken recently. Since we can't tell for sure what is the cause of your indisposition I suggest that you give yourself some time off of opiates and focus on taking care of yourself for a while.

There's always this timing when you're very close to get actually quite attached and physically addicted, you can't really be sure. If you feel that this is now only psychological, make sure it doesn't progress to something you'll later regret. Even if it's just to reset your mind and body and to prevent yourself from getting deeper into the problem. We can't say for sure if that's what is happening but if I were you I'd be off for sometime just to make sure you are properly 'reset'.

Yea I'll have some time off them. I think Gabapentin makes my depression worse so perhaps that has something to do with it too.

I agree a rough come down. Don't forget after a week or two and repeat. It will get so much worse. Let it be a learning experience of what not to do! Before you know it, you could be at the point where you can't even drive yourself to the methadone clinic and you are sitting in the passenger seat with a bucket in your lap. Stay away from the opiates!

The problem is. I'm prescribed Dihydrocodeine for my back pain. And like an idiot I choose a day or two of being high over my back sometimes. Not good. But so far it's the only drug that helps my back pain. Other than diazepam. But that's difficult to get on prescription in the UK. I just need to stop being stupid and take them for my pain not for getting high. But I do agree with what you have all said. Stop before it leads to worse things.