• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

opiate withdrawal question

shadoo

Greenlighter
there is someone i know who has been clean for 3 days, there is something he wants to know that i do not have the answer to and i wanted to get him an answer. after 3 days of being clean would 1 bag of heroin completely reset withdrawals, considering the bags are probably less than .1 gram. thank you in advanced for your advice

Last edited by a moderator:
It could. It is sort of dependent on how long and how bad the habit was

Regardless, it will be a setback and he won't do it and come out feeling zero withdrawal. It may put him back to the beginning, or it may just intensify the withdrawal which at day 3 should be peaked and starting to be on the downhill slope. I'd say tell him to hang on another day or two and he should be much better

Imodium is indeed a great wd tool.

And also he should not use once he makes it through the wd. Have to give brain/body time to reset. It's very easy for a habit to be right back to square one. I say this because a lot of people think once they get thru the wd they can use here and there right away. It doesn't work that way ...

Your either clean or you're not... You're probably feinding for that bag but it will set you back some. I've wondered this through the years and realized after I get high after being clean for a while (as long as it's just once) I don't have to go through the same hell as my initial recent detox, but I still have to tough it out a few days. Several days of feeling like ass vs a couple hours (if that) of feeling okay- just to quickly return to wd? It's an easy answer to say but hard to act on. If you want to get clean you know what you have to do...