• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate Tolerance -- How Long Till It Resets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_25

Bluelighter
Title ^^^

How long should one take a break from opiates before tolerance is nearly back to zero? I have a few Percocets left and want to make the most out of them using as little oxy as possible.

Thank you.

Can't even begin to have any idea without more information. What you've been taking, in what quantities, etc.

Can't even begin to have any idea without more information. What you've been taking, in what quantities, etc.
It's an on-and-off again relationship with opiates/opioids. But for the past 2 weeks or so I've used hydrocodone every night, at 25 mg and then 30 mg when I wasn't feeling it as well. And one or twice codeine, at 420 mg.

The truth is, your "subjective" tolerance, that is, your mind, if you will, is aware of the effects of the drug. Just like getting laid the first time. Of course, you repeat the process, and in a biological sense, the action is identical to that first time, but your mind is less impressed, as the first time was a major surprise for it. Does my complicated metaphor make any sense? Sorry, I've actually been reading Julius Caesar and I'm beginning to talk like an Elizabethan poet.

Anyhow, as steady has so shrewdly implied, we do not have enough information to really make an educated guess. Truthfully, even if we had the information, it would still be pretty difficult. There is a reason we don't allow threads of a philosophical/existential/esoteric nature, as they are actually impossible to answer with any kind of scientific definity, so the discussion by nature becomes perpetual and we don't have enough room on our front-page for these discussions.

The best answer you will get, which is why this is getting closed, is that your tolerance, maybe, probably, will be reset within a "matter of days or weeks, but probably closer to 2 weeks". I'm talking full homeostasis. If you're just trying to catch a buzz, the time will be shorter, but again, we can't sit here and produce endless conjecture on the subject.

Sorry Dude :(

Status
Not open for further replies.