• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate safety question

Collegestoner

Greenlighter
So I'm taking hydromorphone 4mg orally. I started off this morning with 1 pill and washed down with a beer. ( I know drinking on opiates is dangerous and harmful don't need a lechure on it) then with breakfast I washed down Another pill. And mabye 2 or 3 glasses of wine. I'm feeling pretty good but also have a fair amount of pills and a very cozy cabin in the cold mountains and a very wonderful lady to cuddle with. Should I hold up a few hours or wash it down. I'm done drinking btw.
The time frame on the first two was as follows: pill 1-9:30 then a beer and and a glass of wine and pill 2-10:40 and two more glasses of wine (small glass I'm drinking from).
Should I be considered of a od? I've never done more than 2. But I always wonder when a oral dose gets dangerous? I've been told oral iso harder to od on.

Last edited:
You obviously do need a lecture on it because youre worried about an OD, yet youre still mixing them. If you didnt drink, i would say go for it, but because you have, i would say absolutely do not. Stick with your normal dosage. If you ever want to try more pills, DO NOT DRINK. Its as simple as that (unless youre a true alcoholic, in which case, drink and leave the pills for another day).

Please be careful with this. If youre up in the mountains and you OD, it will be relatively difficult for paramedics to get to you in time, assuming youre far away from a big city.

No it seems you are far from o.dosing but no one can realy tell you a spesific amount of opiates+booze you need to o.d. since it has to do with your tolerance on both.
But if you feel great as you say, why take more?

As aforementioned nobody can tell anyone "when they will overdose". no two people take the same dose, so how could a measurement of overdosage be possible? from how you came off i would be inclined to agree with HeadHigh. when it come to narcotocs think of it like going hunting. you wouldn't go up in the mountains alone to hunt alone. at least I certainly hope not. I would recommend in my non-medical professional opinion to not drink. you are redosing awfully quick. is it possible you don't realize how high you actually are and think you should redose? that is exactly how overdoses happen. and maybe that isn't applicable to your personal circumstances, just positing it as something to consider.

i rode the horse for far longer than i am comfortable to admit. from personal experience booze is a finicky motherfucker when under the influence of opiates. so many times I would sip while high and it is just too unpredictable. sometime I ended up drinking 6+ beers and be cool, not safe at all however. then sometimes literally one sip from a first beer and I'm throwing up for an hour.

just aint worth it my dude. it almost always will result in nausea eventually one way or the other. it is so easy to forget you're high or underestimate how high you are with narcotics.

if you absolutely insist on drinking then i would advise you to find whatever checks and balance system works for you to gauge how high you are and go from there. you know what can happen and have been informed a little about the mix. the rest falls in your lap bud. be smart, stay safe. If you die or suffer severe life long damage to your insides as a result of overdosing, ya can't get high anymore. that's one rationale, at least;D

keep in touch and let us know what you decided to do and how it went.

float on.

From MY personal experience, you haven't even knocked on the door of an OD yet, but our bodies our different. I'll have a beer or two on opiates, I think that's fairly safe, but I wouldn't fuck with the wine man, that's a lot more alcohol percentage than a good ole' Miller Light.. as far as you taking 12mg of hydromorphone all together, let me put it like this...I know people that will hand on bible swear it's the best opioid out there, I've seen prices get stupid, and know a few that fein for it like it's crack. Personally, hydromorphone can kick rocks man, it takes way more than a safe dosage to produce any recreational effects for me, Ive snooted 120mg at one sitting, only to look at the rest of the RX like "bro wtf!" Don't take them like that lol, but you need to try your ope's without alcohol, enjoy them, it's not spring break man..I'm more concerned that your having 2 glasses of wine and a beer before lunch, when your in a cabin with a hot girl laying in your bed...why are you online? Light a good fire and lay her down man, go get them cookies

"When will I overdose and how much of a given substance will my death require?" is not representable as a sum or single number, it can only be represented as a Bell Curve. This implies that giving anybody advice on what they can and can't handle, especially without knowing them at all, is both irrational and potentially dangerous and/or deadly. For this reason, it's something that we don't mess around with here on Bluelight. Part of your responsibility as a user of drugs is being aware of your approximate limits. Being that you are a user of pharmaceuticals and Alcohol, both of which come in standard dosing units, it's easier, but still basically impossible to make true inferrences.

But, given our approximations and the fact that you are still conscious, lucid and able to type in clear sentences, it's safe to say that adding one glass of wine or one pill is not going to be enough to bring about your death. The most likely scenario would be falling asleep before having the opportunity to enjoy the experience fully.

Alcohol/Opioids are an inherently dangerous combination, but it's all about how extreme the usage is. If I'm a bundle-per day Heroin user, killing a 750ml bottle of liquor early in the day to control my symptoms, then score that afternoon and shoot 4 bags, I'm clearly playing with some serious fire. One I'm in that stage of addiction and dependence, it becomes nearly impossible to estimate proper dosages. These are the types that are in serious danger of lethally overdosing, not the guy who likes to have a nice red and a couple of his pain pills while on vacation.

In short, it's not something we condone, but you would blow my mind quite literally if anything bad happend to you OP. Enjoy your cabin, your lady and your Opioids! I'm envious of all three :(.

^^^no offense man but that sounds like a very scary situation and I wish you the best of luck I use to drink very heavy as well until I started smoking and it change me completely.

But you are all right and I never did take a third one. I took one tramadol and quit drinking. In my head the fact that I need to ask should be enough reason enough not to do so. I actually don't take opiates often. I honestly mess around with a lot of diffrent stuff as I like taking shit and recording the experience in a note book mabye oneday I'll start posting my reports. As far as H ill never touch it. Only reason I have these is somone sold me some scripts dirt cheap. Like $20 for the whole morphine script. I don't have a pretty good tolerance to booze as I'm in college. In Genta though I hate the thought of what the two do to my liver. I'll take yall advice. I was only drink to help feel fucked up without having to take more opiates cause idk the idea of taking alot just bothers me lol. I like them to much.

Typically I'll take one or two mabye mix it with a hydro or tramadol but I make myself wait for at least a week to reset me tolerance as I'm know I'm playing with fire and I proceed with caution to avoid dependence. Also about to give 1200mg of gabapentin a try for the first time. Stay safe yall

I usually don't drink heavily while on opiates....because why ruin a great high with a shiity neurotoxin.....but the other night i railed 45 mg of oxy and then drank a half pint of vodka....i shortly after went to sleep and my gf said my lips where blue .....can't be a good thing. for reference 90 mg of oxy is a normal dose for me so i didn't think much of drinking on 45.

which was stupid.

everybody says they will never try H. just wait till you are physically dependent and the pills run out. you will beg for H

everybody says they will never try H. just wait till you are physically dependent and the pills run out. you will beg for H

I disagree with that I will not allow myself to become physical dependent. I've haven't even swallow a full script of painkillers in my time on this planet and can think of many things idk rather do then nod. Ie: acid, deer hunt, duck hunt, ect.... I know no herion addict said yah oneday I'll be shooting up but just because I fill some of my rec time with narcotics doesn't mean imma end up with a needle in my arm. Plenty of people who rail coke they don't end up addicted or on the crack pipe. I've never even seen it let alone know where to get it.

It's a road paved with the broken souls of junkies and recovering/recovered junkers. Not one person I know aspired to shoot up, let alone start doing it. Few exceptions to the intentionally doing it, of course. A lot of people, myself included, found a very dangerous newfound confidence in my drug using abilities when I got close to overdosing or when I did and came out okay. I wasn't like ah well if I can handle that let's see how far I can push it. My subconscious was. And the human subconscious is a nasty spiteful motherfucker.

What im saying is, in my personal experience each time I got close or what have you next time I'd do a tiny bit less than the suspect dose. What it does if you haven't caught the pattern by now is each time your tolerance will build up, in a sooner amount of time than I think you realize you will be slamming those doses that maybe last week sent you to the edge of overdose.

And i I would think you know where this road ends. I have met several people who use methamphetamines responsibly. As responsible as one can be with illicit substances that is. You'd never know it. And in all my years of being an addict and now a recovered one I have not met a single person ever who can use heroin responsibly. You can in the loosest sense of the term, but you cannot sustain nor contain it.

Please, the opiate road leads to the same place every time. Be careful.

OP there are so many people who do stupid amounts of coke that never freebase or inject. Wanna know why? It isn't physically addicting. How can some people manage meth habits? It isn't physically addicting.

Why can't people do the same with heroin? It is physically addicting, do you understand the difference between the two? And as far as not allowing yourself to become physically dependent I hate to tell you bud, you don't have a choice if you continue the road of opiates.

my whole shtick here is to try and keep you off that road, as you said you don't do them often. please keep it that way brutha-man.

Last edited:
I hear ya I really do. I understand that I'm dumbing gas on a fire and that it can very easily back fire before I can do anything. The morphine scrip is really only the second time I've had access to opiates. First time was oxys and those where scripted to me. (Half the script still sits in the house from the surgery 3yrs ago) back then I didn't use anything but booze recreationly. Since the original post I have finished what was left of that morphine (only 2 pills). I also have no intention of take the oxy. Idk opiates don't seem to be all they are cracked up to be. I'd much rather drop some lsd or smoke dmt don't get me wrong though they are a great complement to my favorite drug of all time weed. Rest assured I'm not chasing the dragon the opiate dragon that is atleast.

That's good to hear brother! And even if you said you were going to go ahead there isn't any judgment or turning you away. Because bottom line you'll do what you'll do with your body and nobody can judge or condemn. It becomes a point of harm reduction then and you're at the right place! :D