• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opiate Rotation - Methadone to Fentanyl Patches? Is it safe?

DJNJax

Greenlighter
guys i was wondering if anybody has done this in AUstralia or anywhere in fact.

I'm on Methadone 190mg or 38mls per day. 1 dose. Oral Syrip

Methadone has been a nightmare for pain management for me. They took me from Oxycontin (worked great for pain, but i got into trouble with tollorance) and said i would be on methadone for 6 months.. 5 plus years later i have gained 80kgs plus body weight up to 170kgs 34years old.

The higher the Methadone does goes it just doesnt matter. i take my dose and i know iam high. it does feel good.. however being high does not always mean having good pain relief. I have has 16x2inch screws into my spine called Harrington Rods/Spinal Fusion. However its my complete spine and they fucked me up

I want to know if anybody has been on Methadone High Dose and gone to Fentanyl patches?

I want to try an experiement. I got my hands on a Durogesic 75 Fentanyl.. I get 4 Methadone take aways per week. So 2 at 1 time twice a week. I was wanting to know if on my Takeaway day can i go from such a high dose of Methadone the day before to putting 1 of these patches on? because of half life etc..

thanks in advance. would like to try this 2morrow if i can get a good answer by then

NJax

Ah you can always check out an opiod conversion chart? But remembering you have a MASSIVE tolerance to Methadone, and minimal tolerance to fentanyl (they dodefinately cross over, but how much is hard to guess).

Dosing that safely could be difficult and I'd advise against it. Are you saying your 170kgs? o.0

If so I think that and back problems are a pretty fucking good way to get in some serious pain. Loose some weight = less pain = less drugs needing to be consumed.

Either way, if your unhappy with your current level of pain relief than thats and issue you need to discuss with your prescribing doctor. But if the pain is caused mostly by lifestyle issues then I can see them being hesitant in prescribing more abusable opiates when it can be fixed with diet and excercise.

thanks for the advice L3 i looked around for those charts.

I wish i could explain it all quickly but its very long story. i was 84kgs walking into hospital in 2005. after 1 month in hospital 16screws and 2 x30cm rods i got the bad MRSA infection. plus i think the fusion was not done right. part of my stomach/abdom area was numb for well over 9 months. a nurse told me in hospital it was normal and would go away. it didnt. i lost 10kgs in hospital and went down to 74kgs. somebody said i looked like i was on speed for 6months

Pretty much bedridden even with Oxycontin to begin with. I was forced to have the Metal work removed because of the infection and them not knowing what was causing the problems. I could die from blood poisoning if i didnt.

before this stage I had never seen anything more then Tramal QR50s or SL200 Tramadol.

Not everybody is my size because of lazy lifestyle. .I'm a sick man now, real daily sickness not just from methadone, spine, overweight. The core problem is the way i need to lye down and relief pain daily and stopping my metabolic system 2-3 times in 24 hrs.. I have done this everyday now for over 5 years. why? there is no other way to take the pressure away from my back pain, it was like this before i got big to man.

For well over 4 years ive had stomach nausia problems and certain pains i thought were withdrawl and it turns out to be Petic Ulcers. I'm sure this is from Methadone. i would tell GPs about this all the time yet they had no answers. It was me searching online about Hunger Pains and drinking milk to relief it.

So 2005 Oxycontin for 18months i think. 14months without issue. Great mobility and pain great right now relief.

MS Mono, MS Contin also taken for a couple of weeks in that period. because of the Oxy addiction problems. It was then, a Slower release with Zero breakthrough medication i started to put on weight.

2007 i started methadone and was only 94kgs i think. or around

when i was a kid i was overwieght but then learned about exersice and food from 16 years old. Then from 20-23 i got right into cross training and nutrition. Its true but not hard to believe either. Testosterone levels, obstructive sleep apnea, deyhdration, your entire spine and neck, I really have been bed, lounge, or office chair ridden for over 6 years. falling sleep in this chair upright. Anyhow mate i understand what your saying from what ive told you so far. its not a simple thing to explain. i can't even tell ya how things have changed for me in 6-7 years. Having spinal pain for 20 years. i had learned to deal with it before surgery and was not pre-paired for what went wrong. nor was i informed properly. By rights i should be able to bungie jump :) Why have surgery then? thinking about my future and i was fit enough to recover i should do it in my 20's

My entire life i have not been into Herion type hard drugs. just weed really. going from tramadol up to 800mgs per day (4x200 at most) to 160-240Oxycontin 84kgs body weight the addiction go the better of me. .So yeah i was put onto a bad list. however i have not (i mean 100% honest) i have not used any other medication then what i have been prescribed and have not abused it either. after a few years dosing you hear people's stories and what they get up to. injecting there doses, selling it or whatever

I know i did wrong it was a first time and once off. Ive since been treated with Lithium for Bipolar. from hospital severly depressed after surgery.

Its why iam asking about Fentanyl patches. Its not that i want Oxycontin. Methadone is not working for me. It never has, only thing it did well was stop me from obsessing about Oxycontin. However it brang a hole other evil with it.

My pain is worse with the extra body weight man. yes i agree. Because i can't explain the levels of pain and other daily sickness its hard to explain. thanks for your advise man. i really want to try Fentanyl cause i need hope. I think the way legit pain people in Australia (young, public system) get treated is un-Australian to say the least. Its inhumane

last thing about Dose strength and pain relief. Its not always an increased dose that is the answer. I get high for well over an hour everyday yet it don't equate to pain relief. I don't want to get high but its just the way it is. iam on a high dose now and its not 2 much better then before for pain. its better for withdrawls.

lol hope thats not to much info.. thanks mate

thanks for the advice L3 i looked around for those charts.

check out this page there is a good conversion table, i.e. converting opiates to morphine.

so work out what dose your on with methadone, then calculate the equiv dose with fentanyl and then for first time/safety halve the fentanyl dose. hell considering that stuff works in the UG range i'd be taking 10% of the equiv morphine dose and then seeing how it works.

that said fentanly from all reports is far more effective analgesic then other opiates.

sucks re the back pain. your story sounds like that of my uncle.

Because you're on such a high dose of methadone, which has a really long half-life, I'd be very careful taking fentanyl.

Sounds like you're in a really shit position mate, and I feel for you and can totally relate to and agree with this:

I think the way legit pain people in Australia (young, public system) get treated is un-Australian to say the least. Its inhumane

After breaking my neck, lacerating my liver and bruising one my my lungs to the point I was forced to wear a hot air mask thing to encourage coughing up blood in intensive care for 4 days, I was treated like I had no pain and was not prescribed anything more than panadeine forte when I left hospital.

Just be careful with fent when you're already on a high dose of methadone, that combination sounds like it could easily get deadly to me.

thanks chugs and opi8

yeah iam not sure what 2 do. i really can't handle this anymore for real. i went to the Methadone Prescriber again today and its just 1 run around to another. Its always been like this before i had any issues with Oxy. treated like you are scum

you see Pro Methadone people who think they know everything about pain. He went onto tell me fent will not work and neither will anything else. Iam already taking up to 12 panadol a day but he went onto put me onto more Panadol Osteo and Anti Inflamitry. They just won't listen to you. its like your speaking another language. I told him i was already taking panadol. I also have server stomach ulcers that he himself knows about in detail. Anti Inflamitries may be good for Artritis but its not good for what i got. yet he didnt care. he seems to but then its not what is best for me, its what is best for him,. legally

the way things are where i live i can't go anywhere else and its this man who is in charge of my life basically. i can't live without Opiates they know this. I get 4 takeaways per week. not more then everybody else dosing in the area. As a disabled person its more then welcome to not get up every single day and find a way to the chemist cause i don't own a car. every single day i wake up in hell pain all over. then depending on many things, throwing up, headache migrains, i can take the dose and then have 50% pain relief for 2 hours.. Its like doing only half the job but you get 100% the health issues that follow

sorry iam a bit upset about today again. ive cried and cried over and over in there offices but nothing. i think alittle compassion and flexability are in order here. Good On Ya Aussie Aussie bullshit. its changed me. my family has 3 direct generations go to war for Australia. My father Vietnam and for real, hes gotten over pancreatic cancer and has bad diabties and forced to do things for me. all day everyday. its not right

i want to ask for help from a Polly. iam just not sure they will help

thanks for the advice friends. Fent and Done don't sound like a good cross over without medical supervision.