• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate overdose symptoms

Supportive Place for Observation and Treatment (SPOT)

Out of Boston. The epidemic is truly bad there. I visited a small town in Maryland for 3 days back in September and spoke with a handful of ppl who had experienced over dose deaths due to opiods with friends or family in just the past few weeks prior to my visit. I am out of Florida, I thought we were the worst as far as that went. Looks like Boston and Ohio are pretty far up that list.

Over 28,000 opiod deaths in 2014. ?

http://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/statedeaths.html

What's staggering is the increase in just 1 yr is up 20% in a lot of places. They are realizing the problem and trying to come up with "new" options for users. The old 80's "this is your brain on drugs" isn't cutting it these days. (Although I've seen that commercial as recently as this weekend, it's making a comeback?)

After losing ppl I love to opiods, some through injuries with Dr prescribed addictions, others through recreational use, I've made it a point to research alot on the meantime. Mr.Opiate wI'll look you in the eye and tell you, he's taken down stronger.

Harm reduction safe places are more common in other countries, but I like the Avenue of approach. Keep a life around long enough, maybe they find that inner strength to get the help they deeply desire on the inside. I think we will start seeing more in the U.S. I might even look into opening one, since it's a heartfelt passion. Addicts more than anything need to be loved, they have mostly been abandoned or burnt bridges with anyone close to them, but they need to know they matter and someone cares. Otherwise how easy is it to give up or just use through guilt and hurt. I don't use, but I come with a different approach than most.

^I'm actually from Boston myself, or rather, the inner suburbs, Lowell to be specific. It's known to be a fairly rough town with about 100,000 people. Massachusetts is actually pretty well known for the blatant juxtaposition between the wealthy and the poor. You'll find some of the wealthiest people in New England and probably the entire country in Back Bay and you will meet some of the most poor mere blocks away in Dorchester. It's a rough town and believe me, Heroin was here before the epidemic.

Heroin seems to be a fairly new phenomenon for most of the country. It's encroachment into white suburbia has been in the news endlessly. Heroin has been big in Boston since the 60's and has never stopped. The interesting thing about Boston as well, is that the drugs are mainly sold in the inner suburbs and not actually in the city. People know that he bad/fent dope is found in the city, but if you go to Lawrence or Lowell to see the Dominicans, you always get fire.

I have pretty distinct memories as a child of seeing syringes, passed out junkies and bums and local news about Heroin. This was back in the early 90's mind you. Heroin has made it's reach into the rest of New England and the rest of the country, but for people in the Boston area and especially New York City, Heroin has been around for some time.

^I'm actually from Boston myself, or rather, the inner suburbs, Lowell to be specific. It's known to be a fairly rough town with about 100,000 people. Massachusetts is actually pretty well known for the blatant juxtaposition between the wealthy and the poor. You'll find some of the wealthiest people in New England and probably the entire country in Back Bay and you will meet some of the most poor mere blocks away in Dorchester. It's a rough town and believe me, Heroin was here before the epidemic.

Heroin seems to be a fairly new phenomenon for most of the country. It's encroachment into white suburbia has been in the news endlessly. Heroin has been big in Boston since the 60's and has never stopped. The interesting thing about Boston as well, is that the drugs are mainly sold in the inner suburbs and not actually in the city. People know that he bad/fent dope is found in the city, but if you go to Lawrence or Lowell to see the Dominicans, you always get fire.

I have pretty distinct memories as a child of seeing syringes, passed out junkies and bums and local news about Heroin. This was back in the early 90's mind you. Heroin has made it's reach into the rest of New England and the rest of the country, but for people in the Boston area and especially New York City, Heroin has been around for some time.

My bf is from New York. Maybe that's where he originally acquired his taste. But he hasn't ever taken heroin until this past august/September. We actually took a trip to Chincoteague island, West Virginia and Maryland, which was where he decided to come clean and tell me he had been shooting up heroine. The hotel we stayed at wasome on Deephole Rd. Oh the irony, when I pointed out he was getting clean on Deephole rd.