Opiate/opioid addiction withdrawals?

CReyn

Greenlighter
I know it was stupid to go on a 5 day binge in Vicodin, but in the moment it wasn't too bad.

My ex girlfriend and I rekindled after not seeing eachother for many months and decided to hook up. We used the Vicodin to "enhance" the experience and I just happened to have some more laying around my house from various oral surgeries. Well the fifth day was today, and I hit about 22 hours with no hydrocodone being taken and I get a sharp pain in my gut and proceeded to have diarrhea for about 10 minutes. I took my last one and 45 minutes after taking it the abdominal pain stopped.

I was wise about the doses I took and spreading them out throughout the 4 days so that I wouldn't get acetaminophen toxicity. It came out to me consuming about 1,706mg of APAP a day which is well within safety levels thank Christ. But for those of you who are good at math you just realized that meant I burned through twenty one 7.5/325mg Vicodin...in 4 days, with my last one (the 22nd) being on the fifth.

I had a hydrocodone addiction before when I was on 15mg of hydrocodone a day for a week straight due to wisdom tooth surgery and I had withdrawals for exactly one day but they were severe as fuck. So on a level of 1/10, how fucked am I for the week to come?

I have quit many drug addictions cold turkey, but tomorrow (Monday the 3rd of October) I have to drive an hour and thirty minutes to my college. Then on Wednesday, the fifth of October I have to make an hour and a half drive back home. My birthday is on October 9th, but I know I should be A-okay by then.

I am prescribed Adderall and Klonopin for my abysmal ADHD and the vicious panic attacks I can have (but the K-pins are on a "as needed" basis at 1mg doses. I don't take regular rounds and never have.) Am I safe to take my medications? Will they help or harm withdrawals if I did take them?

NOTE: Being that it's such a minor addiction experience for me and I've done it before, I would prefer to not speak to my doctor or any doctors for that matter and sit this through on my own. I literally am fucking useless without my adderall, and if I don't have any Klonopin and I have a panic attack I will almost shutdown because I feel like my heart will explode and begin to either get extremely aggressive or panic-y.
Kentucky has some weird laws and this database where if you use your scheduled drugs and any drug abuse or addiction files show up on a STATE WIDE patient file, your script is removed from you. So yeah...not a favorable option.

Last edited:
CReyn - Yeah - you should be fine. For harm reduction, if you ever decide to take Vicodin recreationally again consider a cold water extraction (cwe) to remove the APAP. I'm not going to detail how to do it, but the info is readily available on Google.

ETA - opiates don't kindle so the small amount and short duration shouldn't be an issue. If you have had addiction issues in the past I think you should consider why you would take the chance with using again, as sometimes addiction P starts right back up again. Be careful with the klonopin and Adderall as both are known to be highly addictive, and as they are pharmaceuticals many people take them as scripted and don't realize they are addicted and then have a horrible time stopping them. Benzo withdrawal is nothing to play with - though that should be a concern if you just take them every now and then. Consider learning some axiety coping mechanisms so you don't have to rely on medication to deal with it as over time benzos can make it worse and axiety tends to increase as you get older if you don't have mechanisms in place. Good luck!

@ShroomySatori - no need to be rude regarding the question. With the way opiates are always presen in the media now, and frequently misrepresented it is a valid question. Everyone is permitted to post in this forum and be treated with respect. In the future, if confronted with a similar post that offends you, please remember it is not necessary for you to comment. If you cannot comment in a respectful manner, please refrain. Please consider this an official warning.

You may want to consider why the post bothers you as I don't understand. If somebody is not familiar with the substance it is a legitimate question and certainly one worth asking.

Last edited: