• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

opiate and benzo withdrawal

hiphopanonymous

Greenlighter
How am i having severe withdrawal symptoms neurological and psychiatric withdrawal i mean devastating while on stable dose of ativan. Ive tried detoxing from them and ever since then even after being on them im in horrendous wd upping my dose does nothing really. Or for short time but doesn't take all symptoms away they come in waves

This makes tapering them almost impossible

On a side note im on methadone and when i drop down my benzosymptoms disapear my head clears up for a few days and am in methadone wd then when it levels out my benzo symptomsreturn. Which are so ddevastating that its borderline lfe and death serious i had so many tests done theres nothing else wrong except maybe the meds turning on me. But tapering off the methadone also reveals more benzos symptoms ugg akathisia and minor episodes of psychosis its like im in coldturkey benzos withdrawal

Are you detoxing on your own or with the supervision of a doctor or medical professional? Or doing it on your own?

I would go to see a doctor or medical professional, or check into a rehab/detox center as benzo withdrawal is no joke, and tell the doctor that you also are on methadone and any other drugs you use. Good luck and stay safe.

I moved this thread from homeless to other drugs for you. If you want it in sober living or a different forum just say so and it will get moved.