• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction OP er 60 mg no relief

juliewood

Greenlighter
Please have patience with me, I just became a member a few hours ago and have not figured out how to navigate around this site. I have spent the last few hours just trying to find an answer to a question concerning my pain medication. I have been in chronic pain since 2007 from a head on collision. I am currently taking about 10 10mg percocet daily. On my last pm appointment i was prescribed op er 60mg., these are doing absolutely nothing for me so I started trying to find a way to breakdown the pill to see how close I could come to making it instant release instead. nothing so far has worked. the last thing i tried was scraping the coating off, cutting the pill in half and placing it into a shot of coca cola for an hour. this resulted in this slippery goowey mess that i was able to just get a pinch of the inside pill and swallow. that was just a few minutes ago so i can't say right now how that is going to work out. if someone could just tell me am I wasting my time or is there another way. please help if you can i am in so much pain. thanking all who reach out in advance. julie

No the cola method is the best way as it replicates your stacb.acida well. For best results leave it in the cola (use a quarter pint roughly) for 12 hours. Cutting up may help, bnt some pills this.doeamt work with.
Hope you get some relief. Tell your doctor and ask for an appointment asap.

thank you so much, feels great that someone heard me. you are probably right that i didn't leave it in the soda long enough or have enough soda to begin with. guess it was probably about a shot glass of coke. i had cut the pill in half after scraping the outside coating off after an hour in the coke it was still a half of pill but just covered in slime. is that as good as it gets? thank you so much. julie

I'm glad that you feel better having gotten a reply julie. I find that often times just being able to get someone to listen &/or give input regarding one's situation to be benifical as well. Every little bit helps IMHO. (y)

Now as for your question; to the best of my knowledge the coca cola method is the best method available. Sadly enough. I don't know what your health conditions are? However; for those with the GI conditions anecdotally & from personal experience (IBS, Chron's) OP's are useless. Even with the coca cola method they don't really digest for me. Without the method they pass through essentially whole. I'm hoping that isn't the case in your situation & they work better for you!

My suggestion goes along with axe's. I would make the pills as fine as possible (a Ped Egg or similar file device generally gets them relatively fine) & dissolve the resulting powder in the soda for the stated 12 hours. Other than that I'd recommend as well that you mention the problem to your doctor. I believe it is quite a common issue. Especially among those pain patients with co-morbid GI issues. Though as I mentioned I don't know your health conditions; so am not sure if that applies in your case.

If you need more information on OP's in particular you could check the mega thread. Though I don't have have the link handy ATM. I'll try to edit & add it later If I get the chance. My apologies.

Best of luck in getting the pain relief your seeking from your medication!
I hope that you get said relief & your situation improves as soon as it possibly can. 🤞

I'm glad that you feel better having gotten a reply julie. I find that often times just being able to get someone to listen &/or give input regarding one's situation to be benifical as well. Every little bit helps IMHO. (y)

Now as for your question; to the best of my knowledge the coca cola method is the best method available. Sadly enough. I don't know what your health conditions are? However; for those with the GI conditions anecdotally & from personal experience (IBS, Chron's) OP's are useless. Even with the coca cola method they don't really digest for me. Without the method they pass through essentially whole. I'm hoping that isn't the case in your situation & they work better for you!

My suggestion goes along with axe's. I would make the pills as fine as possible (a Ped Egg or similar file device generally gets them relatively fine) & dissolve the resulting powder in the soda for the stated 12 hours. Other than that I'd recommend as well that you mention the problem to your doctor. I believe it is quite a common issue. Especially among those pain patients with co-morbid GI issues. Though as I mentioned I don't know your health conditions; so am not sure if that applies in your case.

If you need more information on OP's in particular you could check the mega thread. Though I don't have have the link handy ATM. I'll try to edit & add it later If I get the chance. My apologies.

Best of luck in getting the pain relief your seeking from your medication!
I hope that you get said relief & your situation improves as soon as it possibly can. 🤞
thank you so much for the thoughts and information. you are so right sometimes it's just being heard that really counts. being a long time pain hostage makes you feel isolated enough. you mentioned the mega thread, how do i get to that? i am so new to this site i haven't figured it all out yet. as far as my health conditions, my injuries sustained from a head on collision are all spine related. i was perfectely healthy before the accident now i spend most of my time in bed and when i am mobile i use a wheelchair because the pain is so bad i feel like i am going to pass out. i will most certainly try what you suggested and thank you for that. if you can think of anything else i would be so grateful. thanks again and i hope you are doing well. julie

My apologies julie but things have changed quite a bit here since I was a regular member. I'm actually a member from 10+ years ago who recently rejoined. I lost access to my old account thus this new one.

My sincerest apologies but I can't find the OP mega thread! It may have been pruned away over the years, or perhaps it is in the archives. Though I didn't spot it in the archives right off. I would link you to the notable threads listed in the top of the Other Drugs forums related to Oxycodone but since I'm a speed reader I figured I'd save you the time & read through the links available & see if any apply to your situation. Sadly none of them seem directly related to the OP's.

A quick side note. If you are having problems with older links not working check the url. This website used to be hosted at Bluelight.ru. So if you encounter a link that fails to work check the URL. If it is directing to bluelight.ru/whatever change the .ru to .org & the link may work. Just figured I'd mention it as I ran into a few non working links I was able to fix that way looking for information for you.

Honestly; the information I've given you may be about as much as I can offer on the subject. I used the search engine & was unable to find any of the threads I remember regarding OP Oxycontin. I'm guessing considering it's been so many years since OP became the standard that most people asked there questions when they were new & the threads have since been deleted in the yearly cleaning BL usually does.

Regardless; you have my best wishes & if you have any questions regarding using this site or anything in general feel free to send me a personal message or just post in this thread. I've left it on my watch list as IIRC you can't send personal messages till your a bluelighter (50 posts) which you're not & since this is a new account for me; neither am I.

So just post here or PM me if you need any more help. If you'd like I can ask a moderator or any BL Crew I might know from years ago to try & dig up that mega thread on OP's but honestly I'm 99% sure it's pretty much what I told you. I do recall there being methods involving freezing & microwaving & IIRC then using a dremel tool to grind them down. I don't recall the specifics though.

Considering your situation; your best bet would be to have your doctor change the medication if it's not working. I hope that is an option for you!

The OPs have a waxy matrix, so the whole per egg or file thing in unnecessary work. Just drop the pill in the soda whole like you would in your mouth, and leave it until all the oxycodone has leached from the OP (dunno if 12 or 24 hours, look online or ask your doctor how long they work for.
Be warned oxybisna short acting drug.