• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

OP 80s vs OXY IR

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
I gotta tell ya ... these OP 80 MG ER Oxycodones, when you chew them up. It's stronger than IR OXY HCL... and it lasts like 6 hours per dose... not sure if my brain is just being wierd or placeboed. But yeah. Anyway, I'm starting a taper and a healthy diet tomorrow from 70 my to 5 me in about 3 weeks and stopping . I can do it and I know I can do it, if I taper and don't experience much with drawls .

The tests done by the FDA upon approval of reformulated(OP vs OC) Oxycontin showed that poly ethylene oxides were superior to the old formulation in slowing the release of the API (Oxy) even when substantially reducing the pill into particles. I suppose that's besides the point since you are quitting though. Best of Luck to you. BL has a great Recovery Support Forum. https://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/268-Recovery-Support

The members on here are phenomenal ... from supporting to helpful info ....

Thanks Jekyl... so does that mean chewing them like I did, is stronger? Because I feel it harder, and LONGER lasting, but also more sedating. Probably because I take a Benadryl and 400 mg of Tagamet with white grapefruit juice 35 min prior. Lol

I'm sure the grinding helped it's just the OP's are very disappointing as compared to the former version OC's. Once ground I imagine that they could be called semi- Extended Release. The gelling seems to trap and hold a decent portion of the dose, although there have been a few anecdotal reports that adding ground particles to certain types of food like applesauce can cause a slightly increased release rate as the particles do not come into contact and adhere back to each other though I have little faith in such a method.
Diffusion through filter paper "bags" has had the best reports short of chemical manipulation. Your potentiation with diphenhydramine, Cimetidine & WGJ should help at least a little, if nothing else it shouldn't hinder it. I'll cite if I come across anything good about OP's again.