• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

online doctors

foolsgold

Bluelighter
i have something i need to talk to a doctor about but cant handle talking face to face with my normal GP no ive looked up the ones on the internet but they say ask your question for free then want to charge you £40 does any one know of a totally free service online i can use

please no snide comments this is a very delicate subject and its wreaking what life i have

i can empathize with you so i'll send your thread over somewhere. i personally think it's unethical to diagnose over the internet. a lot of the factors used to diagnose patients are visual. even for psychiatric patients. how exactly should that be done online?

i think any respectable physician would agree.

homeless -> second opinion

Well said baooozs. The second a patient walks in the door a good doctor will begin analyzing everything. Gait, facial expression, handshake, smells, overall condition, or other notable specifics. Next is the anamnese (still important to observe body language during this), then comes the full body physical which is even more in depth, and then the machine diagnostic when applicable. For all of these things the patient has to be there!!

Moreover, the training to become a doctor takes a great deal of time and effort. Doctors also have to earn wages in order to support themselves and their families. Finding someone offering their services for free to strangers will be very difficult. I would be wondering why they were offering their services online for free. A true altruistic doctor would be out on the street, not sitting behind a PC.

What I can tell you is that if you find a good doctor who you feel you can trust there should be no worries about being with them face to face whatever the problem. Is there no clause in your system that allows for a second opinion, allowing you to visit a GP other than your regular doc for free?

Last edited:
cheers for once its not a drug related problem its much more personal and want some one where i wont have to face them again after ive seen them also its not a sexual diseases

but its something that has been ruining my life for years stopping me from having any type of relationship

Personally, I would be leery with an online consult. There is no guarantee that the money you spend will get you much. But good luck if you decide to go ahead with this and let us know what happens!

it kinda difficult to decrypt what your issue is so it's difficult to tell. perhaps you have an understandable reason why you would want an online consult so like t. calderone said, let us know if you do end up trying it.

thank you but i am going to man up at the doctors tomorrow and just get it over with

right got doctors at 3.20pm starting to chicken out a bit now about doing this wish i had something for my nerves

nah. don't chicken out. doctors love to kiss ass when you're confident.