• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Once I make PST, how long is it good before I have to drink it?

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
So say I just wanted to make a very large batch at once if I buy in bulk. How long is the tea good for once you make it if you store it in 1 gallon jugs in a refrigerator? Just so I can figure out how much I could make at once to last me HOPEFULLY a few days. but I guess I'll find out :)

thanks

stay safe,
-MF4M

This is by no means factual, but in my opinion it would last a long time, especially in an air tight container. If you're going to use it within a week or two, I would think you would be completely fine

no problem bro, let me know how it goes I've been wanting to make PST for a while now

Honestly, pst comes on so slowly/subtly if you're not that familiar with it, that it's a bad idea having large amounts around.
It's too easy to think it's barely affecting you, and redosing until you find yourself really sick.

Plus, various forms of poppy tea seem to grow mould very quickly. I guess pods and seeds get exposed to a lot of various spores or something...but i dunno, i wouldn't personally recommend making large amounts of pst.

Honestly, pst comes on so slowly/subtly if you're not that familiar with it, that it's a bad idea having large amounts around.
It's too easy to think it's barely affecting you, and redosing until you find yourself really sick.

Plus, various forms of poppy tea seem to grow mould very quickly. I guess pods and seeds get exposed to a lot of various spores or something...but i dunno, i wouldn't personally recommend making large amounts of pst.
THIS!!!!!!!
Drink it immediately.

Pst withdrawal is prolonged and nasty. I was left with long term gastro issues (diverticulitis), and blame it for sudden onset gluten intolerance.
Large amounts of dirty opiates multiple times a day into your tummy is not good. The withdrawal and possible harm isn't worth the high.
Do yourself a favor, don't go down that road, the wds are disproportionately horrendous and last a long time. 6 weeks before I was close to done with them.

Ok well maybe I'll just brew it when I'm going to use it instead of already having it made. Thanks for the tip by the way but I'm obviously going to do it occasionally anyway lol. I just enjoy it too much :D

Thx fellas.

Pst withdrawal is prolonged and nasty. I was left with long term gastro issues (diverticulitis), and blame it for sudden onset gluten intolerance.
Large amounts of dirty opiates multiple times a day into your tummy is not good. The withdrawal and possible harm isn't worth the high.
Do yourself a favor, don't go down that road, the wds are disproportionately horrendous and last a long time. 6 weeks before I was close to done with them.
^ wise, wise words.

Honestly man, virtually every opiate addict started out sincerely intending "to do it occasionally".
We all think we're an acceptional case...but very few people are able to "chip" (use opiates occasionally) without ever getting a habit.

No lecture intended - just be careful man. It's some insidious shit - and a nightmare to kick.

2-3 days it doesn't last very long maybe a week if you put it in the fridge. In the freezer it will last indefinitely I don't know if it will effect the content however.

Just be aware that Poppy tea isn't a strict chemical like taking a pill of Morphine. It's still organic matter for the most part meaning it has the ability to decay and go rotten. I wish I could tell you how long that will take, but I wouldn't consider say, making a batch of tea to last you through November.

And make sure you strain it if you make it up. Soaking the seeds releases nasty thebaine, which will make you very unwell. Strain it quickly and well, don't let those seeds soak.

But listen to space junk...it's a mediocre high, not without risks, ruined my health, and the most fucking awful wds, for not much reward.

How long would you leave tea with the leaves sitting around in your fridge and still drink it. Idk about you but not very long. Id store green tea in the fridge sealed come back moldy. I could be wrong but I believe you cpuld have trace bacteria on the opium plant which can grow once you ad water even in a sealed container.

Yes there is plenty of bacteria and spores on the poppy material so when you mix with water, the bacteria and spores start to go to work right away. The plant matter in the tea acts as a food source. It doesn't take long for poppy tea to go bad.

It will still go bad in the refrigerator. The colder temps will slow things down. By how much? It's hard to say. Probably depends on what the temp inside the fridge and how aggressive the particular batch of nastiness your newly made pod tea started with.

I would drink freshly made almost immediately or atleast within a couple hours. I wouldn't keep pod tea in the fridge longer than a day or two. That's just what I did in the past. Who knows, it may last longer. If it smells funky, dump it.