• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine On the needle

LVshooter

Greenlighter
I'm curious to know if there are people that are highly functioning and party on the needle (coke)? I always see these crazy strung out people on documentaries but that's not how I am, are there other people like me?

It's my personal belief that any form of drug use, no matter how extreme, can theoretically be controlled and managed in a responsible way. But, just because it's possible doesn't mean responsible use is common by any means. I can say with relative certainty that if you are IV'ing cocaine, the odds of maintaining a semblanc of normalcy in your lifestyle is unlikely.

With that said, it's possible that you're just using recreationally, as opposed to out of compulsion, but if you're driven to the needle in the first place because other ROA's - insufflation for instance - just didn't cut it, you are already demonstrating compulsive behavior. Self-administration of parenteral drugs is not a decision to be made or taken lightly. I urge you to try to get some perspective on your situation. We often lie to ourselves regarding the severity of our dependencies, be they psychological or physical.

Think about it. You might be in a more reasonable use pattern currently, but how your use will progress is anyone's guess, including yours, as dependence inevitably robs you of self-will to a certain degree.

IV stim habits are usually pretty chaotic.

And, IME, unlike opiates (which I still enjoy smoking), once you IV stims and experience that rush, there's no going back. IV becomes the ONLY ROA.

(note: I'm not too familiar with coke, which I've only IV'd once, most of my experience is with meth, but I imagine it's the same principle)

Well, for starters, we don't know much about you, so it's hard to say whether other IV coke users are "like" you. Also depends what your definition of "high functioning" is. If you are holding down a job that covers your living expenses and permits you to buy and shoot cola from time to time, then I suppose there are others like you.

What I'm wondering though is how long have you been shooting coke, and in what quantities. My progression with IV coke was very gradual until it was not. Occasional use turned into once a month, to once a week, to two or three times a week, spending all my free time driving up and down the highway to score, prepping and shooting coke until it was gone, then crashing for the better part of a day until I felt half normal.

Once I was at that point, the habit was impossible for me to break by myself and I went to a 30 day rehab. I have used IV coke since then (2006) but never let it become a habit.

Be careful if you are new to this, because it can and will sneak up on you, and all the sudden your life revolves around it, and the "high-functioning" you elude to becomes a distant memory.

Be safe. Have fun.

FC

All I know is I chipped away at an IV heroin addiction for a few years and maintained relatively high functioning, but IV coke tore my life apart in a matter of months.

Similar story to the user above me. I had one hell of a heroin habit for 3 or 4 years and all was well. Then speed balls came in to play and I was a wreck within a month. Wrecked to the point of actually forcing my self to quit everything for a year.

IV coke is one of the most habitual drug roa's around. Maybe you can maintain, but I can almost guarantee it wont end well.

I started in 2000, at first it was like a new toy, played with it a lot, now its once or twice a month as long as I have the free time and a day to recover, one gram of very clean last about 5 hrs then xanny to sleep. Burnt is right once you IV this nothing else compares. I have a upper Management job and a small business. I work 50 to 60 hrs a week, have a normal family

im curious about H, how is it different, what about mixing it? does it last longer between hits? coke is so sexual is it like that with H?