• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom on kratom from opioids

dynodavie

Bluelighter
how log would you have to be on kratom after quitting oxycodone to only go through kratom withdrawal and not feel any oxycodone withdrawal...like if i switched to kratom for a month and then quit kratom would i still feel the oxycodone withdrawal or would i feel the lesser kratom withdrawal..

how log would you have to be on kratom after quitting oxycodone to only go through kratom withdrawal and not feel any oxycodone withdrawal...like if i switched to kratom for a month and then quit kratom would i still feel the oxycodone withdrawal or would i feel the lesser kratom withdrawal..

There is always some carry over in these cases. Meaning that withdrawal from 2 months of kratom would be worse if it was preceeded by 6 months of oxycodone use than just 2 months of kratom use preceeded by nothing.

However a month of kratom should be sufficient to do what you're planning on doing. You'll be mostly in kratom withdrawal but it will be more severe than usual kratom withdrawal (ie had you not be dependent on another opioid before that time).

Like negrogesic said it's not thta simple. You got an opioid addiction not an oxycodone addiction (though your DOC is oxy). Any opioid will mask the opioid withdrawal caseud by your oxy (ab)use, kratom being no expection.

Discard the oxy (because kratom is milder) and stabilize youreself on on a smallest possinble dose of karatom. Then start tapering the kratom. The ability to tolerate the pace of tapering is very unique and yuo have to find the right pace to complete the taper for you. No one can say its this many mg per week less avery week, that's bullshint. Usually the slower the taper the better the result. good luck bud.

There is always some carry over in these cases. Meaning that withdrawal from 2 months of kratom would be worse if it was preceeded by 6 months of oxycodone use than just 2 months of kratom use preceeded by nothing.

However a month of kratom should be sufficient to do what you're planning on doing. You'll be mostly in kratom withdrawal but it will be more severe than usual kratom withdrawal (ie had you not be dependent on another opioid before that time).
@negrogesic yes i see, what had happen was is i quit oxy back in june and went through a nasty withdrawal but made it through and after a couple months clean i have used oxy again only twice a week and using kratom some like a couple days a week but have decided to switch to only kratom and then after a couple months jumping off the kratom cause ive quit kratom after a couple years use and the withdrawal was not near as bad or as long as this last oxy withdrawal after 1 years use post surgery my plan is after a couple month of only kratom is to quit the kratom and i have a few pregabalins and a few benzos to help cousin the kratom withdrawal as i have never been dependant on either benzo or pregabalin, .05 xanax will put me to sleep as will 300 mg of pregabalin was planning on jumping off kratom and on days 2,3 and 4 use pregabalin an days 5 and 6 use xanax then maybe a couple more days pregabalin then maybe a xanax a couple more days if needed and by day 10 or 11 i should be ok to for the most part and maybe melatonin if needed from that point on and as many meetings as possible and for the most part kind of skate past the worst parts, thats my plan anyway i don't know what you think my friend..

Last edited:
Look into dissociatives like memantine (a good one as its very clean and long acting, but can be hard to get in some countries even when we have solid scientific evidence) or the research chemicals like deschloroketamine - ketamine itself is too short acting but if you got unlimited supply it will do too. These allow you to literally skip opioid addiction withdrawal, I did it multiple times from up to 600mg/d pure pharma morphine, no withdrawal to speak of, I was surprised but it works. If you can't source any, try DXM. Kratom is better than nothing but the dissociatives are far superior.

I’m on this journey as well, planning to not take opioids for a month and then slowly decrease my kratom intake and see if it helps. My withdrawal symptoms were so bad this time that I considered suboxin but Kratom actually seems to do the trick!