• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Omaha couple get probation in magic mushrooms case

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Last edited by a moderator:
For many cultures, consuming psychedelics is part of ritual rites of passage. I myself consider my psychedelic use as a young man to be something of an awakening, opening my mind to the true nature of the world around me and my place in it.

I have a daughter of six years and I've been wondering how I will approach the subject with her myself. I would very much like to allow her the same opportunity I had. I'm thinking by the age of sixteen she will be able to make the choice for herself. Twelve is just way too young.

12 is too young, I agree.
I hope that I can talk to my kids about drugs in a healthy way and at the right time so that they are interested but safe.
Maybe age 16 is old enough for some kids, but it seems too young to me, in general.
I would rather them wait until at least 18, if not 21, to really experiment.
(Though I had tried psychedelics by age 17 myself.)

I can easily see weed 18+ and just about all other drugs 21+ regulated much like alcohol with the same if not harsher implications for driving under the influence - I think it should be the bar should be raised across the board for driving under the influence - be it alcohol, pot, meth, etc... But maybe harsher for some like potent psychedelics and sedatives?

Regardless what you do in the comfort fo your home I believe should be up to the parents to decide. Ie, 18+ to buy weed legally but if your parents want to allow you to experience it earlier I don't see the problem. Obviously there's a fine line there though. allowing adolescents who are too young access to certain substances can have major adverse effects and should rightfully be considered abuse. Where you draw that line is hard to say though. I guess 18 seems like a logical choice but then I'm being hypocritical since I know I started smoking bud around 16...

I tried psychedelics when I was 17 but in retrospect, I kind of wish I had waited a bit longer to get more out of them.

Pretty fucked up. 12 is really young to go on a potentially mind-bending journey.