• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Olympics...So who's pretending to care about sports they barely knew existed?

it sucks to see the halfpipe competition marred by controversy over the condition of the halfpipe. of course everybody is riding the same pipe but these guys are the best and they should be competing in the best conditions.

shaun white is the greatest and i was sorry to not see him on the podium. the japanese are coming!

alasdair

I don't know how hard it is to flatten out the bottom of the bowl. There were obvious flaws and it made a lot of the landings a lottery.

Then again boarder/ski cross is the epitome of lottery so fair is fair i guess

I'm really sad about the half pipe situation. As far as I know it's falling apart due to climate conditions, but I'm not super informed about it. Even though I'm way more into slope style, it's kind of a joke that russia can't get it right.

Did anyone wake up early and check out US vs Slovakia live? I couldn't help but wake up and enjoy that whooping the US put on SL. 7-1 was just so gratifying. Im super stoked for Saturday morning; US vs Russia. It's going to be intense :)

it sucks to see the halfpipe competition marred by controversy over the condition of the halfpipe. of course everybody is riding the same pipe but these guys are the best and they should be competing in the best conditions.

shaun white is the greatest and i was sorry to not see him on the podium. the japanese are coming!

alasdair

I agree with you man. That was the event I was actually looking forward to watching.

I'm tired of watching speed skating, sure it's hard as fuck to do, but I've fallen asleep watching it literally.

They need to introduce an ice version of roller derby. Skimpy uniforms of women all over the world, mmmmmmmmmmm

How can you dislike speed skating? Long vs Short Track and each distance requires a different strategy. It's one of the best sports in the Olympics. The long track 500 meter is probably my favorite distance.

How can you dislike speed skating? Long vs Short Track and each distance requires a different strategy. It's one of the best sports in the Olympics. The long track 500 meter is probably my favorite distance.

Same reason I don't like track events, running/skating is boring to watch to me.

I have respect for the athletes and it's something I could never accomplish, but it's just not my cup of tea.

I have a hard time understanding how people prefer the summer olympics. The speed, skill, and pure fun of the sports is so much higher.

A lot of them such as the sliding sports (luge, skeleton, bob) are intense to watch and they are brave, it's just something I cannot relate to. Most people have the opportunity to lace up skates or put skis on at some point in their lives if they want to, but to do sliding sports you have to live somewhere that's had the olympics before for access to a track, and even then it's too expensive for the average joe. Sports that you've personally done at some point are so much more interesting because you can see the difficulty, know what they're doing and what it feels like.

Men's Hockey

Gold - Sweden
Silver - Canada
Bronze - US over Finland

no rhyme or reason except there's like 6-7 actual teams in hockey so im at like 50/50 odds of that being somewhat correct already

Really can't see Sweden winning the gold. Won't happen..

Canada smashed Austria 6-0 yesterday..

I hate this shit, and I am a sports lover!! This is not sport, it is vastly consistent with acting on ice, with judged giving you a score...I was sucked in from all the marketing and was actually excited (now that I am older, you know, I might appreciate it more)....pft worse than I thought. THA FuK...made up bullshit acting or made up sports with some element of competitiveness that no one on this planet can relate to. (Here, lie down on this metal board and lets see how fast you can slide down that man made ice slide, rofl.

Mother fucking US!!!! America is da best! So glad we beat those guys this morning.

I hate this shit, and I am a sports lover!! This is not sport, it is vastly consistent with acting on ice, with judged giving you a score...I was sucked in from all the marketing and was actually excited (now that I am older, you know, I might appreciate it more)....pft worse than I thought. THA FuK...made up bullshit acting or made up sports with some element of competitiveness that no one on this planet can relate to. (Here, lie down on this metal board and lets see how fast you can slide down that man made ice slide, rofl.
you probably should not watch it, then.

alasdair

Any reasoning behind your stance that those events are boring?

I just don't find people running/skating in circles fun to watch. I prefer more hands-on sports the majority of the time, perhaps because I played football in high school; two of my former teammates play for the NFL. Different strokes for different folks.

Also, I'm from the south and have never even seen a pair of ice skates in person.

Really can't see Sweden winning the gold. Won't happen..

Canada smashed Austria 6-0 yesterday..

we shall see

until sunday though

Lenny_Waiting.gif

why do I think Canada will lose? Because they took Jeff Carter over Claude Giroux

SPORTS KARMA COMIN AT YA!

this was in the same google image search, just thought id add it on here

NSFW:
I-have-been-watching-this-for-20-minutes-now-Still-waiting-gif.jpg

buttheads

NSFW:
Biff.jpg