Mental Health Oldie but I’m back - anxiety issues

Kalape23

Greenlighter
Hi I’m Katie :) I’ve been on blue light back in the early 2000s and glad to find it again. Great community, lots of truth information, I really enjoyed the community then and I’m sure I will now. I was on here in the early 2000s as a regular MDMA user and numerous other drugs but E was my favorite. I did end up quitting when I found I was pregnant so I’ve been clean from street drugs since 2005. Unfortunately in 2011 I developed severe anxiety issues and ptsd and was rx Ativan 1mg, then changed to klonopin 2mg 4x a day, the switched to Xanax xr 3 times a day, and in 2014 put on 30mg of valium a day. Now in 2020 I’m wanting to taper off the Valium but have noticed I can’t sleep anymore. Dr tried trazodone 200mg and hasn’t helped so I stopped it, gabapentin 300mg and I stopped it.

Hello @Kalape23 - Welcome to Bluelight.

We can not help you find drugs, so i edited your title and OP a bit. Maybe that wasn't your intention, but it definitely came off as sourcing.

Can we possibly support you in giving you ideas on what drugs have worked for others in your predicament, as opposed to out right giving you the drugs?

I'll move this to Mental Health.

I’m sorry it’s not my intention to seek drugs I’m trying to get off them. I’m on valium 30mg a day tapering the withdrawal is hurting me the most with insomnia issues I was looking for help on how to cope with insomnia while tapering off valium

Okay - i see.

Sorry about that.

IME, going for walks and working out helps to tire one out so that they can sleep better. There are also OTC medications for sleeping, but probably won't help much if trazodone didn't. I've never been in your predicament, but for me Seroquel knocks me the fuck out. Does your doctor know your struggles? What do they say? They aren't giving up are they?

My psychiatrist said she may try Amitriptyline but I don’t think it will help if the trazodone doesn’t. I don’t know what will. Every ssri or snri they’ve tried makes me suicidal and I cant be like that. I’m definitely in tolerance with the Valium it doesn’t help at all and my psychiatrist won’t up the dose anymore so my only option is to stop by tapering and I’m using the Ashton manual it’s been helpful. Usually if I take 50mg of Benadryl I sleep for at least 2-4 hours I don’t know if I should take the Benadryl first or the valium or at the same time I usually take the Benadryl first once I get sleepy then take the Valium. I’m so tired I just want to sleep. I try everything like breathing exercises, exercising, weighted blanket, cold room, ear plugs and I still have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I think she’s great just not taking me seriously thinking hey these meds should work but they don’t. I’m worried I messed myself up by my past drug use :( my cns is hypersensitive for sure.

It sucks when we have to use drugs to counter the effects of other drugs, then leading to the use of more drugs.

How quickly are you trying to taper off the valium? Maybe what it takes is a slower taper?

Yea I’m on a slow taper and I’ve felt great just the sleep I need so desperately and I can’t wait to get off this medicine bc I miss wine :( I hated I had half a mimosa on New Years and it made me sick which is weird bc I was drinking bottles of wine last year up until June I stopped drinking it was making my heart race to much and I felt bad so I quit but wanted a mimosa at midnight and half made me so sick I was like omg I have to get off of the Valium ugh 😩 I’m doing 30mg start then dropping down to 5mg morning 5mg midday 20mg night 2 weeks then I’ll drop 5-5-15 hold 2 weeks
5-5-10 hold 2 weeks
5-5-5 hold 2 weeks
5-2.5-5 2 weeks
2.5-2.25-5 2 weeks
2.5 -0- 5 2 weeks
0- 0- 5 2weeks
0- 0- 2.5 2 weeks
0- 0- 1.25 2 weeks then
0-0-0 I’m hopefully jumping by then and I may have to hold longer than 2 weeks depending on how I feel but that’s the plan