• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Old strains of herb.

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
Would you smoke any of these? Or have you smoked any of them?

I've smoked Colombian and Mexican herb but it was what we would call mids, or schwag decades ago when it was the only stuff around, and mid-grade Colombian was the better stuff.

On another site I go to there are people who post about how they actually seek out and regularly smoke, or prefer schwag, or mids as the high to them is not as intense as the high quality herb that's been around for awhile now is.

If this thread is better suited for drug culture feel free to move it there.

http://iloveweed.net/2010/09/high-times-top-40-buds-of-1977/

hightimes.jpg

hightimes2.jpg

hightimes3.jpg

Been smoking since 71 and in those days that is all there was. Occasionally you got some that was real trippy,but you had plenty of seeds to plant! At the time an oz was fifteen. Miss the price but not the weed.

My memory of those Mexican strains is that they were creeper weed and didn't over power you. A different high or the memories of an old head. I can remember some very good ones with a cerebral high.

there are lots of old strains that are great. i think any modern smoker would appreciate the following strains (if made into extracts)

hindu kush is an indica from the kush mountains in india that tastes great and is super indica sedating. its also the grandmother to many cali and bc strains

congolese is said by many to be the ultimate sativa

malawi weed is and african strain untouched by western breeding that has extremely high thc levels

indonesian sativas are super rare outside indonesia but are very unique and minty. but they are very wild type with low yield/potency and an extremely long grow time

lambs bread/lambs breath is a heirloom jamaican strain that is renown

acapulco gold is the holy grail for old heads and can still be found in dispensaries today

chocolate thai is an amazing spicy chocolatey strain which is the grandmother to many strains. unfortuntly in thailand it is exremely inbred and uncommon nowadays

moroccan strains make great hash and is the parent to strains like hash plant and mazar

nepali strains are famous for blonde and handrolled hashes

mysore mango is a southern indian strain that actually tastes and smells like mango

there would definitely be a market for older smokers for these strains, especially with legal recreational weed spreading across america and canada

there are lots of old strains that are great. i think any modern smoker would appreciate the following strains (if made into extracts)

hindu kush is an indica from the kush mountains in india that tastes great and is super indica sedating. its also the grandmother to many cali and bc strains

congolese is said by many to be the ultimate sativa

malawi weed is and african strain untouched by western breeding that has extremely high thc levels

indonesian sativas are super rare outside indonesia but are very unique and minty. but they are very wild type with low yield/potency and an extremely long grow time

lambs bread/lambs breath is a heirloom jamaican strain that is renown

acapulco gold is the holy grail for old heads and can still be found in dispensaries today

chocolate thai is an amazing spicy chocolatey strain which is the grandmother to many strains. unfortuntly in thailand it is exremely inbred and uncommon nowadays

moroccan strains make great hash and is the parent to strains like hash plant and mazar

nepali strains are famous for blonde and handrolled hashes

mysore mango is a southern indian strain that actually tastes and smells like mango

there would definitely be a market for older smokers for these strains, especially with legal recreational weed spreading across america and canada

Which old strains are the type that make you literally trip on the THC?

God weed horticulture has come a long way and thank GOD...Old strains to me and now the bottom shelf $20 an eighth at my local dispensaries i.e. Northern Lights, Cheese, Chemdawg ETC

Those old strains are the bed rock of all the new strains though. I wonder why the central and south american producers never made hash out of it. Us Europeans had it a lot better with our Morrocan, Afgany, Red Leb etc hashes. The good thing is that American stoners never got into the habit of rolling joints with Tobacco I suppose.

I love me some good old fashioned Thai landrace weed. It can get very trippy indeed.

After smoking good quality weed (not all weed in dispensaries are good quality, it takes a while to find it) schawg/reggies don't do it for me. Even decent quality weed doesn't work. I crave that weed that makes me feel for hours like I am a character in World of Warcraft game.

ive smoked a few landrace strains (colombian, congolese, thai, afghani, maui, etc), but modern genetics for the win