Old-school BL-ers...find your oldest posts!

Plur Rules

*SWeeT-e* said:
I can't believe I said PLUR...shoot me NOW please. Hehehehe ....sooooo jaded now, LOL. =D

heyyy whats wrong with PLUR?? i'm nearly 30 and not a raver but i still think its one of the coolest thing ever:)

The oldest one the search turned up was this one, from November 2000. I know I lurked for like a month before I actually joined, but I am fairly certain that that is my actual first post on bloolite evar!

In a couple of months, it will be 7 years for me too.

Last edited:
The oldest thread that I started that I can find is this very lame one here from 14-11-1999, though I have to admit that I still find it amusing as hell when it happens.

The "find all posts" function seems to top out at 500, so I could not gind my oldest existing post on here using it... though this repost by Johnboy in Australian Social of one of my many memos concerning the server overload problems that were endemic to Bluelight's early days is highly amusing to me. I was such an officious little bastard back in the day:

Recently many of you may have noticed that Bluelight has been running rather slowly, and that it has been difficult to load certain forums (such as Social and New To XTC) at certain times of the day.
This is because we are gettign an extraordinarily high server load. This is NOT quite the same thing as a bandwidth issue.
This would not be such a problem except that it is causing some dificulty with Bluelight's primary mission of harm-reduction and spread of good information about E and other related drugs the Bluelight community tends to use.
The next paragraph contains a bunch of technical gobbledygook that explains what exactly the problem is:
Every time the Forum index of a forum is requested (by, for example, entering the forum or hitting REFRESH from the forum index) or every time a thread is posted to or edited, the server has to dynamically redraw a web page,creating work for its CPU. This results in bottlenecks that cause the slow loading or lack of loading that we have been experiencing.
We are taking several different actions to try to fix or ease this problem,including upgrading our server's processing capacity (short term) and redesigning how Bluelight's discussion board works (on the nuts-and-bolts side) in Bluelight 2.0 (long term).
In the meantime, there are a couple of things we need to ask of you to help Bluelight function til we can get this fixed.
1) THINK BEFORE YOU POST.
If it can wait, or you don't think a large portion of the Bluelight community will benefit from it, don't post it. I am not goign to attempt what is and what is not a frivolous post, but you guys all know what they are.
2)MORE IMPORTANTLY-USE THE 'BACK' BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER INSTEAD OF HITTING THE LINKS ON THE SITE TO RETURN TO THE FORUM INDEX VIEW.
The forum index view is the list of topics of each forum. If you go back to the previously loaded list of these instead of having to have the server generate a new one it reduces server load.
ALSO, CUTTING DOWN ON HITTING THE 'REFRESH' BUTTON TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS ADDED NEW RESPONSES TO A TOPIC will help as well.
Note that READING TOPICS has little or no addition to the server load, just LOADING THE INDEXES or POSTING.
None of Bluelight's forums are threatened by this; no forums will be closed.
this is just so you all can do your part in keeping Bluelight functional until we can get a solution.
Mods and Admins, please help out by keeping this thread bumped near the top of each of your forums.

I was able to find my response to the October 1999 Roll Call thread. Holy crap, that was seven and a half years ago, and that wasn't even the start of my time here (posts much older than this were lost in a server crash). I'm sooo old. ;D

Last edited:
*shy wave* Hiya. :)

I am an old-schooler as well (sadly barred from my main username from way back in the day, due to it being registered with a defunct email address). I checked and was disappointed to see that the oldest post I could find was far too boring and mundane to bother quoting... I did find my Roll Call response though, in the thread FoX mentioned!

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=813002&postcount=205

A big hug to all my long lost friends here. I get so sentimental thinking back on those days (1999 to 2001 especially) when I was posting on here constantly, and even did my stint as an admin... All the laughs and the heated debates and the poetry on Words forums... all the same damned questions I used to answer over and over on "New to XTC", as it was called then. SO MANY WONDERFUL WONDERFUL BL PARTIES AND MEETUPS! Those really were the best...

We were some crazy kids, weren't we?

If you're curious, I'm doing well... I'm still a techie-hippie geek grrl. I'm working, I'm in love with a great guy.... Come to think of it, I'm pretty responsible and boring these days! Still an artsy, spacy, irrepressible optimist...

I may not party anymore but secretly I still carry the ideology of PLUR around in my heart. :)

"Find what you love. Love what you find."

- Whitney

a.k.a.

~*~ Ashke ~*~

Fox?
ASHKE?

Holy fuck!

Ashke, you wouldn't remember me, but you (along with Johnboy) were one of the reasons I joined and stuck around here, thanks to the answers you gave in New to XTC. (I think my first ever post (under my original name) was in your 'bullshit myth about heroin in pills' thread). Thank you, glad to hear you are doing well :)

Time really flies -

It brought a smile to my face to see some of the posts on this thread! Lots of good memories and good people. I don't think I could find one of my earliest threads (mid 90's), but there are many links I'm included on in the posts above. Much luv to all of you and keep in touch!

I did a search and found the very first poem I submitted to words like umpteen years ago...

Thread found here http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=22313

Post The EscapE-- First poem submitted--- If its not about drugs than whats it about?

Oh Caress you have inspired me! Although I am not as good as you Please tell me(and everyone what you think)Keep on posting girl you are a natural!
My EscapE
I run to you
I have fun with you
I use you as my way out
In a life filled with ups and downs you help me chose the ups
I am free with you
I am stable with you
You are my source of EscapE
I start abusing you
I get sick from you
I hurt from you
But still I go back to you
You help me EscapE
When I am away from you I feel imcomplete
I shut down
So I run to you
You are my source of EscapE
Please send me some feedback cuz its the first poem I have ever really wrote.
I just wanted to point out that this poem is not about Drugs in any way so try to think about what I am talking about I bet no one can guess what it really is about!!
------------------
So how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?..... The world may never know!

for those who dont feel like searching the other post this poem was about work!

its really cool i swear!

my old handle(kind of) before planetarymotion.com email shut down losing my account, and before the shit really hit the fan...

a good roll trick i shared!

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=800889&postcount=138

ummm i remember you ashke as well, you doubtfully remember me except maybe that i pitched the idea of a bracelet exchange(which i flaked out on:) ). there are so many random people who pop into my head a lot and for some reason you do every once in a while. i guess because you made me feel welcome when i joined, you were i mean ARE a true blue echo PLUR.

i actually gave a shout out to you in my journal a few months ago.

WELCOME BACK!!!

Last edited:
MDMA FOREVER said:
WOW! ive been a BL member for 7 years now!

Anyone else been around that long?

Happy new year everyone!

Tim : )

I will have been here for 7 years on my birthday (oct). :)

Ashke! :D I can't believe that i didn't see your post before this. You wouldn't know who I am, but reading your "Punky" post was one of the reasons i stuck around this joint - I loved reading your posts. Great to read that you're trucking along well, it's so great to see some of the pioneers posting again. :)

It is too bad some of the "old " posts from the original days of the MDMA Clearinghouse ( pre bluelight ) weren't saved somewhere. and you guys think your old . :D

Don't even start Raverdad - I was on that same board..... funny stuff really considering it was such a simple beginning. Now look - Ha!

Fwiw, I used to be on here as MDPVagrant, and have definitely run into a few of my old posts. Strange looking at 'em.