• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

olanzepine

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Ive been taking the alanzepine 20mg at night for sleep 2 nights i ad a decent 8 hours kip but on the 3rd nite i was tossin an turning so resorted to takin 0.5mg xanax to put me to sleep! Im seein my pdoc tommorow will he keep me on the top dose of 20mg or take me up to 30 or swich me to some orther anti psychcotic med???

i've been taking 20mg of olanzapine(zyprexa)nightly for insomnia
for 2 nights i had a good night's rest
but on the third night i was restless, the medication wasn't taking effect so i resorted to taking .5mg of alprazolam
i go back to my psychiatrist tomorrow, i'm wondering if he's gonna keep me on 20mg of zyprexa or up the dose to 30mg?
or is there another anti-psychotic i could try?

sorry it was bit hard to read, but is that what you're asking?
maybe inquire about seroquel or abilify?

Seroquel will work great, but side effect o plenty. I got a feeling you guys can't get Ambien.

Antipsychotics will work a lot more effectively for inducing sleep. Benzo's were never designed for sleep per se, although I know temazepam is prescribed to help sleep. They are designed to "calm" the user, and thus induce sleep. Naturally, very anxious people or people with insomnia need something stronger than a "calming agent" to induce sleep. They need to be pretty much knocked out. Which is why the atypical anti-psychotics are good.

Speed King mentioned Ambien, which is a z-drug, and very similar in structure to benzos and work in a similar fashion. However, their effectiveness is questionable and as he pointed out, you may not have access to 'em. Docs are cagey about writing Z-drugs (I dunno why).....

Try quetiapine (Seroquel)

Peace :)

^^ Agreed willy33. Seroquel will knock out an ape. It has side effects like cotton mouth and sleeping hard for a long time if dose is too much. 50mg would do you just fine. Trazadone would be handed out like candy compared to the z-drugs. If you cannot get Ambien, you'll never get Temazepam. I have a nice relationship with my Psychiatrist. After about 8 years on Ambien/zolpidem, I told her it wasn't cutting it and switched to Temazepam. We both agreed that Triazolam was only for serious insomnia. You will probably NEVER get that from a doctor. The z-drugs are not bad, except you can abuse them and they can have their own side effect profile. Unless you or whomever has a bad track record or is 16 or some other shit, insomnia is a real problem. You have to go to a Psych doctor to have any real sleeping pill. Trazadone works, but I don't like it. Sonata, another z-drug never did it for me, but others swear by it. Ambien is starting to become too much of a household name, so not sure about that one. I will say that it works for years, if you take it correctly. Lunesta, I haven't had much, but a low dose kmtfo like a smooth version of Seroquel. You can probably forget about any benzodiazepine hypnotic. You have to have a real cool Psych, for that to happen.

Last edited: